Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   AncientOne's Custom Pathfinder Sheet (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=21943)

thaX August 26th, 2012 08:54 AM

I have a request to have some way to show the Furry of Blows for the Monk (and other similar weapon/fighting particulars) within the weapon entries. Herolab does to the calcs for the Furry, but it doesn't show up in the entries.

Also... need a place to put Damage Resistance (for Tiefling and Assimar and others). Dr 5 fire, for example. I have seen it in other sheets and the main one.

AncientOne August 27th, 2012 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thaX (Post 89773)
I have a request to have some way to show the Furry of Blows for the Monk (and other similar weapon/fighting particulars) within the weapon entries. Herolab does to the calcs for the Furry, but it doesn't show up in the entries.

I'm told that HL 6.20 is putting the Flurry of Blows info into the XML. I haven't had a chance to look at it yet, but it should be easy to add to the sheet in the next version (which is imminent, btw).

Quote:

Originally Posted by thaX (Post 89773)
Also... need a place to put Damage Resistance (for Tiefling and Assimar and others). Dr 5 fire, for example. I have seen it in other sheets and the main one.

This one is already on the wish list... I'll consider this a +1. :)

Kizan August 29th, 2012 01:11 PM

Suishen, Guardian of the Amatatsu

I'm running the Jade Regent AP and gave the intelligent katana "Suishen, Guardian of the Amatatsu" (minor artifact) to a player. She can equip it, but it never shows up on the sheet. It does show up on the offical sheet, but not on yours.

The item comes from the Jade Regent AP source material.

Thanks,

Kizan

AncientOne August 29th, 2012 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kizan (Post 90202)
I'm running the Jade Regent AP and gave the intelligent katana "Suishen, Guardian of the Amatatsu" (minor artifact) to a player. She can equip it, but it never shows up on the sheet. It does show up on the offical sheet, but not on yours.

The item comes from the Jade Regent AP source material.

It looks like Hero Lab will only output that item as a "weapon" in the XML if you actually equip it. If you don't equip it, it only shows up as a generic magic item.

I'm not sure why that is... maybe because it's an artifact? I would report it as a bug in the "bug reports" thread.

AncientOne August 29th, 2012 02:27 PM

Version 4.7 of my custom sheet is available through the auto-update mechanism... see this post for what is included.

As noted in that post, the "Pathfinder/PFS standard" sheet style is a first draft. Having said that, you should still feel free to give any feedback on ways in which you would like to see it improved.

McTaff August 29th, 2012 04:52 PM

Something I have noticed while recently using the sheet: It does not output the Orc alternative racial traits "Toothy" and "Chain Fighter", while it does indeed recognise the "Scavenger" alt. racial trait.

(I tried to pick up and use a spiked chain and couldn't show my DM my proficiency) :(

Professor Z August 29th, 2012 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AncientOne (Post 86708)
  • Ranged weapons always display their ranged attack bonus, and not the melee attack bonus that they may have.

Thanks, this fixes the problem that I was having with my alchemist bombs but it still seems to be pick up the melee attack bonus for a javelin.

AncientOne August 29th, 2012 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Professor Z (Post 90219)
Thanks, this fixes the problem that I was having with my alchemist bombs but it still seems to be pick up the melee attack bonus for a javelin.

That's because Hero Lab outputs the javelin as a 'melee' weapon in the XML instead of as a ranged weapon (though it adds some ranged info to it, like it would for a dagger that can also be thrown). The Core Rulebook lists it as a ranged weapon, so this is another one that I think should be posted in the 'bug reports' thread.

AncientOne August 29th, 2012 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McTaff (Post 90217)
Something I have noticed while recently using the sheet: It does not output the Orc alternative racial traits "Toothy" and "Chain Fighter", while it does indeed recognise the "Scavenger" alt. racial trait.

(I tried to pick up and use a spiked chain and couldn't show my DM my proficiency) :(

Those items are nowhere in the XML that that Hero Lab outputs for custom sheets. :( The "weapon" that Toothy gives you will show up on your sheet, but that's it.

You'll need to report this on the "bug reports" thread.

Dragnmoon August 29th, 2012 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AncientOne (Post 90208)
Version 4.7 of my custom sheet is available through the auto-update mechanism... see this post for what is included.

As noted in that post, the "Pathfinder/PFS standard" sheet style is a first draft. Having said that, you should still feel free to give any feedback on ways in which you would like to see it improved.

I have been waiting for this, I will check it out and compare to what I am using now.