Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Request: Metric system, weapons-tab, Logo, etc. (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=14271)

Daemonfey October 24th, 2011 01:43 AM

Request: Metric system, weapons-tab, Logo, etc.

I have a few requests for implementation into Hero Lab, that would - frankly - make my life easier (concerning Hero Lab ;) ). I think non of these can be brought into the program with the editor - if that proves to be wrong, please correct me!

1. Would it be possible to add the metric system as option for sizes and weight for characters? I am from germany, and although I understand the "US customary measurement system" I would like to see my own measures on the character sheet. If that is too complicated, could you make an option for making it just free text, so I could type the height & weight of the character as I please?

2. In the hero settings, you can choose to hide for eg. bronze weapons. That is very fine, but as my setting plays in the bronze age, I would rather hide all other weapons. So could you please implement an additional button that hides the standard weaponry as well? That way, I could also work with only customized weapons without having to hide all other weapons.

3. Logo - on the Hero Lab Character sheet, there is one Logo for "Hero Lab", and one for "Pathfinder". Would it be possible/legal(?) to replace the Pathfinder Logo with a custom picture of - say - my homebrew world? Would it be a great hassle to implement an corresponding option?

4. Money - would it be possible to change the currency names? I would like my heroes not to run around with gold pieces.

I know these things are a lot to ask, but I think these changes could improve the experience of any GM who creates a homebrew world with the pathfinder rules and save a lot of work with the editor.

What do you think?

Imper1um October 24th, 2011 05:40 AM

1.That makes sense if you would like to have Height and Weight, although I would rather, as you say, have it as a free text field rather than switching between Metric and Imperial (since everything is in Imperial; item weight, speed, etc.).

2. So you want to hide the standard loadout? I don't think they would change it so that you could hide all of one specific type, but they could change it so that you can optionally hide the Standard Player's Guide.

3. You can use the "Custom Output" to make your own character sheet.

4. What else would you run around with? Pathfinder uses gold pieces.

To be honest, it sounds like you are pulling and changing so much in Pathfinder, that its no longer Pathfinder. I suggest that if you are looking to modify everything, you should use the "build your own framework" option. There are a lot of things that are just...a lot of work, and only fit a very very very small niche.

ShadowChemosh October 24th, 2011 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonfey (Post 64464)
I have a few requests for implementation into Hero Lab, that would - frankly - make my life easier (concerning Hero Lab ;) ). I think non of these can be brought into the program with the editor - if that proves to be wrong, please correct me!

1. Would it be possible to add the metric system as option for sizes and weight for characters? I am from germany, and although I understand the "US customary measurement system" I would like to see my own measures on the character sheet. If that is too complicated, could you make an option for making it just free text, so I could type the height & weight of the character as I please?

I am 99% sure with your own custom character sheet you could change the values over to metric.

Quote:

2. In the hero settings, you can choose to hide for eg. bronze weapons. That is very fine, but as my setting plays in the bronze age, I would rather hide all other weapons. So could you please implement an additional button that hides the standard weaponry as well? That way, I could also work with only customized weapons without having to hide all other weapons.

Using the editor you can create your own new "Source" and then on the "*Hidden" tab you can enter this Source and the Unique ID for all the weapons you want to hide. Then when your players click that new source all those weapons would not be seen.

Quote:

3. Logo - on the Hero Lab Character sheet, there is one Logo for "Hero Lab", and one for "Pathfinder". Would it be possible/legal(?) to replace the Pathfinder Logo with a custom picture of - say - my homebrew world? Would it be a great hassle to implement an corresponding option?

If you create your own Custom Sheet for just your players that sheet can have any logo you wish. Removing them all and then giving them to the community at large would cause some legal issues.

Quote:

4. Money - would it be possible to change the currency names? I would like my heroes not to run around with gold pieces.

The custom sheet when you output the money can easily be changed to call them what ever you like.

There are several really good custom sheets you can use as a base also. You can find them in my sig.

Mathias October 24th, 2011 10:57 AM

Our license with Paizo requires us to have their logo on the character sheets.

If you're not using the hero image for its normal purpose, have you tried adding the image you want as the character's picture?

All the rest are on the to-do list. Thank you.