Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Pathfinder Community Packs (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=51966)

graywulfe August 28th, 2015 07:51 PM

I loaded the following community packs:

Pathfinder GM Pack
Pathfinder Basic Pack
Pathfinder Mythic Pack
Pathfinder Unchained Pack
Pathfinder 3PP Pacl

and got the following error:

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

Thing 'rCBDevasta' - Bootstrap thing 'fMyBlindFi' does not exist
Thing 'rCBDevasta' - Bootstrap thing 'cMChDestro' does not exist
Thing 'rCBDevasta' - Bootstrap thing 'cMAlFarwal' does not exist
Thing 'rCBDevasta' - Bootstrap thing 'cMAlUnchan' does not exist
Thing 'rCBDevasta' - Bootstrap thing 'cMChAlwCha' does not exist
Thing 'rCBDevasta' - Bootstrap thing 'cMAlExtPow' does not exist
Thing 'rCBDevasta' - Bootstrap thing 'cMAlSight' does not exist
Thing 'rCBOMXIVBu' - Bootstrap thing 'fMySprAtta' does not exist
Thing 'rCBOMXIVBu' - Bootstrap thing 'fMyExMyPow' does not exist

graywulfe August 28th, 2015 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graywulfe (Post 214822)
I loaded the following community packs:

Pathfinder GM Pack
Pathfinder Basic Pack
Pathfinder Mythic Pack
Pathfinder Unchained Pack
Pathfinder 3PP Pacl

and got the following error:

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

Thing 'rCBDevasta' - Bootstrap thing 'fMyBlindFi' does not exist
Thing 'rCBDevasta' - Bootstrap thing 'cMChDestro' does not exist
Thing 'rCBDevasta' - Bootstrap thing 'cMAlUnchan' does not exist
Thing 'rCBDevasta' - Bootstrap thing 'cMChAlwCha' does not exist
Thing 'rCBDevasta' - Bootstrap thing 'cMAlExtPow' does not exist
Thing 'rCBOMXIVBu' - Bootstrap thing 'fMySprAtta' does not exist
Thing 'rCBOMXIVBu' - Bootstrap thing 'fMyExMyPow' does not exist

I decided to do a little bit of troubleshooting, so I removed all of the packs.

At this point it loaded fine. Then I added the basic pack, it loaded fine again. Then I added the GM pack and it loaded fine once again. Next I loaded the mythic pack and after that I got the error message when I tried to load pathfinder. I removed the Mythic Pack and added the remaining packs from my list and it loaded fine.

Then I looked went back to the listing at the top of this topic and made a guess that I should remove the GM Pack if I am using the GM Mythic pack so I have tried that. Unfortunately I still get the error message. I am missing something but I am not sure what.

graywulfe August 28th, 2015 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graywulfe (Post 214823)
I decided to do a little bit of troubleshooting, so I removed all of the packs.

At this point it loaded fine. Then I added the basic pack, it loaded fine again. Then I added the GM pack and it loaded fine once again. Next I loaded the mythic pack and after that I got the error message when I tried to load pathfinder. I removed the Mythic Pack and added the remaining packs from my list and it loaded fine.

Then I looked went back to the listing at the top of this topic and made a guess that I should remove the GM Pack if I am using the GM Mythic pack so I have tried that. Unfortunately I still get the error message. I am missing something but I am not sure what.

I am an idiot. I have not yet purchased the Mythic Adventures license for Hero Lab... I going to go hide now :o

ShadowChemosh August 28th, 2015 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graywulfe (Post 214824)
I am an idiot. I have not yet purchased the Mythic Adventures license for Hero Lab... I going to go hide now :o

LOL at least you figured it out before writing me a nasty email/PM. :D

RonnieMonster August 30th, 2015 06:24 AM

I'm trying to use the basic, campaign, GM, and 3PP packs, and, well... this happens:

Quote:

Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'rCBAshGian' (Eval Script '#1') on line 2
-> Non-existent thing 'raAshDisea' used by script
Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'raAP74ExEn' (Eval Script '#1') on line 1
-> Non-existent thing 'raShaSunlP' used by script
Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'raAP75ArPR' (Eval Script '#6') on line 3
-> Non-existent thing 'raSucProfG' used by script
Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'raAP75ArRd' (Eval Script '#2') on line 3
-> Non-existent thing 'raSucEnerD' used by script
Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'raAP77WEnD' (Eval Script '#1') on line 3
-> Non-existent thing 'raNigEnerD' used by script
Syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'rauWWChanS' (Eval Script '#1') on line 4
-> Non-existent thing 'raWinBreaW' used by script
Syntax error in 'pre-requisite rule' script for Thing 'tmAP80CadC' on line 1
-> Non-existent thing 'tmZomJuju' referenced by script
Kinda doing my head in.

I've tried uninstalling them and bringing them back in one at a time; no luck. Still getting the errors. What really has me scratching my head is the fact that it all works fine on my old desktop - I'm trying to get it all working on my new tablet.

Any advice for someone who's rather frustrated and not overly tech-savvy?

w3aponiz3d August 31st, 2015 08:31 AM

Hey gang,

This might not be the correct thread to post this in, and if that is the case then I apologize in advance. It seemed to be on-topic since this post has to do with a 3rd party product and there are plenty of those in the community pack. Also it seemed to be a good way to get the attention of the mighty guru ShadowChemosh! :)

I am currently trying to shoehorn Spheres of Power by Drop Dead Studios into Hero Labs, and I've made some progress. I have spell points implemented as a class special. The spell pool was close enough to the arcane pool of the magus that it just seemed fitting to use that method. I plan on using a similar method as the Path of War disciplines and manuevers, that has already been done in the third party pack, to implement spheres and sphere powers. That way if someone wants to build a class with restricted access to spheres they will be able to more easily accomplish that.

The parts I'm having trouble with, and honestly don't know where to start, are the altered and new statistics that Spheres of Power implements. Caster Level has changed with Spheres of Power into a stat that works more like Base Attack Bonus. It has a slow, medium and fast progression like Base Attack Bonus does, which get assigned to casters based on their magical aptitude. I breifly considered emulating this through a class special, however I need a way to represent this information on the in-play tab and in the character output. I could simply turn it into a tracked resource, but it's not a useable resource in the sense that you don't spend Caster Level. So a tracked resource doesn't really fit, unless I'm missing something. It really should be displayed like Base Attack Bonus gets displayed. In addition, the statistic needs to stack with additional classes that increase Caster Level.

The other two stats which I can already guess will give me some trouble in the same way are Magic Skill Bonus and Magic Skill Defense, which should be displayed like Combat Manuever Bonus and Combat Manuever Defense get displayed. Defining either should be fairly easy though since Magic Skill Bonus should be equal to the original Caster Level and Magic Skill Defense is equal to Magic Skill Bonus + 11. Again the problem primarily boils down to how to display them on the In-Play tab and the character output.

So in summary. If these altered/new statistics aren't class specials, how should they be created?
Once they are created, how would I get them on the In-Play tab and in the character output?

Any advice on how this should be properly implemented would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Aaron August 31st, 2015 02:04 PM

Just a heads up that some new mechanics may be coming up for the Occult Bestiary which would be easily adapted to supporting a Spell Point magic system, though they'd have to use the same table as monsters use.

ShadowChemosh August 31st, 2015 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonnieMonster (Post 214886)
I'm trying to use the basic, campaign, GM, and 3PP packs, and, well... this happens:

Kinda doing my head in.

I've tried uninstalling them and bringing them back in one at a time; no luck. Still getting the errors. What really has me scratching my head is the fact that it all works fine on my old desktop - I'm trying to get it all working on my new tablet.

Any advice for someone who's rather frustrated and not overly tech-savvy?

It looks like you installed the GM "Mythic" Pack which requires Mythic Adventures to load.

Go to Tools->Manage Third Party Updates to see if you installed the Mythic Pack. Also you don't need to install the Basic Pack as that is inside all the other packs.

So I would advise Delete the Basic Pack and the Mythic Pack and then install the "GM Pack". That should get you going again.

ShadowChemosh August 31st, 2015 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by w3aponiz3d (Post 214955)
I am currently trying to shoehorn Spheres of Power by Drop Dead Studios into Hero Labs, and I've made some progress. I have spell points implemented as a class special. The spell pool was close enough to the arcane pool of the magus that it just seemed fitting to use that method.

Just so you know DDS is going to make an official Sphere of Power for HL. I think they have a person on board that has started to work on this actually.

Maybe instead of doing your own thing it work out better to either work with DDS or wait for the official version. Just a thought.

If not I can give some pointers. Personally knowing what I know now I would actually create a whole new UI tab with new Components. Then it wold be allot easier to get all those different new values to display. Its my one issue with the PoW stuff was that I used an existing UI Tab (ie configurable) instead of making a custom one. Oh well hind-site is 20/20. :)

AndrewD2 August 31st, 2015 04:59 PM

Yeah I've been reading SoP and it's going to be taking A LOT of work to make work without access to the core files.