Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Hero Lab Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Re-requesting a feature. (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=59172)

EightBitz September 14th, 2017 08:45 AM

Re-requesting a feature.

In the Hero Lab print dialog, where we select if we want to print the main character sheer or abilities and gear or spell descriptions ... please change those from radio buttons to check boxes, so if we want to print all three, we can do it in one go.

For those of us who still play primarily offline and print character sheets for our group, this would be a huge time saver.

khaoz September 14th, 2017 04:49 PM

I know I have wanted to be able to print one full character without going through one screen 3-4 times. I have never thought of a checkbox instead of the radio button.
+1!

Ualaa September 14th, 2017 07:05 PM

This would be nice.

Merion September 15th, 2017 12:50 AM

Yes, please!

+1

Aaron September 15th, 2017 10:07 AM

I can't switch them to checkboxes, but I had intended to add an "Everything" radio button. Somewhat slipped between the cracks, but I will see if I can get that in relatively soon.

daplunk September 15th, 2017 10:11 AM

This is the thing that I hate most about Hero Lab.

Aaron September 15th, 2017 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daplunk (Post 255999)
This is the thing that I hate most about Hero Lab.

Radio buttons?

EightBitz September 15th, 2017 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron (Post 256000)
Radio buttons?

We may have a different coding vocabulary here, but in my experience, "Radio Buttons" is the term for the circular buttons where you select what you want, and they're mutually exclusive, so you can only select one at a time.

So if I go to File > Print Hero..., there are three radio buttons.
O Standard Character Sheet
O Abilities and Gear Description Appendix
O Journal Contents

Those options are mutually exclusive. If I select Standard Character Sheet, I can't select Abilities and Gear...

My request is that, at the very least, you allow us to select multiple options, so we can print the character sheet and abilities (and, if applicable, spells) all in one go.

The convention just happens to be that radio buttons are mutually exclusive, and check boxes are not. And with most visual languages, these differences are built in, so if you group a set of radio buttons together, the mutual exclusion is automatic. And if you group a set of check boxes together, multiple selection is automatic.

But if you were to allow multiple selections with the existing radio buttons, I wouldn't complain. :-)

Aaron September 15th, 2017 11:47 AM

I can't make that change, that's something my boss would have to handle. But the demands on his time mean waiting for the foreseeable future for something like this. I'm afraid we're stuck with mutually exclusive options, which is why I proposed adding an "everything" button. That is something I can do without his intervention and thus could deliver relatively quickly.

khaoz September 15th, 2017 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron (Post 255998)
I can't switch them to checkboxes, but I had intended to add an "Everything" radio button. Somewhat slipped between the cracks, but I will see if I can get that in relatively soon.

Thank you Aaron, I do hope this one's doable. And you don't crash into a wall like with the Journals display order. =)