Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - d20 System (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Divine Disciple Missing? (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=52282)

af22man February 22nd, 2015 01:35 PM

Divine Disciple Missing?

So i have been trying to get the divine disciple prestige class to appear in the d20 hero creator in hero lab. I have added the Lawful_g data set and i cannot find the divine disciple class. has this been added to the d20 system as it has the forgotten realms and faerun systems in it?

Sendric February 23rd, 2015 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by af22man (Post 204263)
So i have been trying to get the divine disciple prestige class to appear in the d20 hero creator in hero lab. I have added the Lawful_g data set and i cannot find the divine disciple class. has this been added to the d20 system as it has the forgotten realms and faerun systems in it?

The community set is incomplete still. This prestige class has not yet been added. We'll add it to the list for future releases.

mlenehan1 June 12th, 2018 04:49 PM

Bumpity, bump, bump.

Dark_Soul June 18th, 2018 05:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Had to zip the .user file. It's the same Player's Guide to Faerun.user file that comes in the community set, with the Divine Disciple added. Two things don't work quite right, but well enough to get you by:

When you reach the level where you get another domain, it doesn't actually allow you to choose another one. You just need to add one on the cleric tab and deal with the validation error saying you have too many chosen.

(Sendric, this prestige class, like several others, actually allows classes that don't normally have domains to gain access to them. I don't know if that functionality has already been figured out in HL or not, mostly because I haven't tried it yet.)

When you reach level 5, you become a native outsider, but the class doesn't actually change your type (yet).

Other than those two things, it'll probably work well enough for you to at least generate a Divine Disciple.

Sendric June 19th, 2018 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark_Soul (Post 267373)
Had to zip the .user file. It's the same Player's Guide to Faerun.user file that comes in the community set, with the Divine Disciple added. Two things don't work quite right, but well enough to get you by:

When you reach the level where you get another domain, it doesn't actually allow you to choose another one. You just need to add one on the cleric tab and deal with the validation error saying you have too many chosen.

(Sendric, this prestige class, like several others, actually allows classes that don't normally have domains to gain access to them. I don't know if that functionality has already been figured out in HL or not, mostly because I haven't tried it yet.)

When you reach level 5, you become a native outsider, but the class doesn't actually change your type (yet).

Other than those two things, it'll probably work well enough for you to at least generate a Divine Disciple.

Thanks for putting this together, Dark Soul. I will take a look and see if I can deal with those last two issues for you when I get the chance.

Illyahr June 22nd, 2018 11:35 AM

This actually isn't too difficult. CustSpec +1 to chosen class, chosen class is granted access to cleric specials. There are templates and class features that change your type that function so that's just a matter of copy/replace. If those are your only issues, you're doing very well :)

mlenehan1 June 29th, 2018 02:16 PM

Quick question: Where do I put this, or should I wait to see if this pops up in a future update?

Dark_Soul June 30th, 2018 06:32 PM

It will come up in a future update, but for now you can put it in your Hero Lab/data/d20 folder. You should see other .user files like 3.0 - Arms and Equipment Guide.user and 3.0 - Book of Vile Darkness.user. Paste it in there and replace the Player's Guide to Faerun file that's already there.

When the new release of the Community Set goes live, it'll either ignore or update the one you paste in now.