Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - User Projects (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Anyone working on Numenera or any Cypher system? (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=53564)

EightBitz August 5th, 2015 06:55 PM

Anyone working on Numenera or any Cypher system?

Anyone? Bueller?

AndrewD2 August 5th, 2015 08:09 PM

I thought about it at one time, but I know there is an official creator website for The Strange that was funded via the kickstarter.

EightBitz August 5th, 2015 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewD2 (Post 213734)
I thought about it at one time, but I know there is an official creator website for The Strange that was funded via the kickstarter.

Sure. And there's a pretty good website for Numenera character generation. But it'd be nice to have something in Hero Lab with a template to add additional content and select sources. And something that saves a data file to facilitate advancement or later tweaking.

You know ... all the good stuff that Hero Lab does for other systems.

I'd do it if I have the know-how, but I don't. :-(

AndrewD2 August 5th, 2015 08:49 PM

Just takes practice. Anyone can learn it.

Lexin August 6th, 2015 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewD2 (Post 213738)
Just takes practice. Anyone can learn it.

You say that, but when I tried to create a creature in the Call of Cthulhu section, I made HL fall over, repeatedly. Still no idea what I did wrong.

I don't want to put the OP off trying, though.

Aaron August 6th, 2015 01:36 PM

Hollis started a Numenera system for his personal use back when the system was first coming out. Not sure how far he got.

EightBitz August 6th, 2015 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron (Post 213786)
Hollis started a Numenera system for his personal use back when the system was first coming out. Not sure how far he got.

With Hollis being a staff member, would there be any conflict of interest in sharing his work so far? (Assuming you're willing, Hollis).

EightBitz August 6th, 2015 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lexin (Post 213785)
You say that, but when I tried to create a creature in the Call of Cthulhu section, I made HL fall over, repeatedly. Still no idea what I did wrong.

I don't want to put the OP off trying, though.

Oh, trust me, I've had my own struggles with the authoring kit. This is why I'm asking if anyone else has done anything yet.

Hollis August 7th, 2015 01:23 PM

I'm still working on it, but sharing it at this point would be problematic - it's not finished, and we don't want to make it public until then for various reasons.

EightBitz August 7th, 2015 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollis (Post 213845)
I'm still working on it, but sharing it at this point would be problematic - it's not finished, and we don't want to make it public until then for various reasons.

Yeah, I can understand those reasons.