Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Amnesiac Spell Slots? (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=66056)

Pooptickler June 23rd, 2021 06:55 PM

Amnesiac Spell Slots?

I'm very confused about the Amnesiac (Occult Adventures pg. 104) Psychic archetype, and not just because I'm an idiot.
Hopefully.
The archetype says that half of my spell slots are lost and become Amnesiac spell slots, but I'm not seeing anything that gives me such a pool.
Onto that, at level one, I think I get one Amnesiac spell slot, but it's registering as 0/0 on Hero Lab.
And if this is bugged as I'm starting to suspect, I'm just going to drop the idea.
Classic isn't being updated anymore, so why bother.

Is this bugged, or am I just stupid?
Literally any help is appreciated, thank you.

Minous June 25th, 2021 04:27 AM

Can you post your por file?

Pooptickler June 25th, 2021 11:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Minous (Post 295598)
Can you post your por file?

Sure, that's a great idea.
Guess I should start sharing the file from the start from now on, huh?

Minous June 26th, 2021 06:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
So looking at your por file, HL looks to be doing it right (I think you are getting confused by a poor UI choice for 0 level spells) See attached photo there are two pools (and these say with the character as it levels up) the 0/0 you referenced is for the max spell level - 1 pool (AKA 0 level spells at 1st level) the max spell level pool (1st level spell) does show up correctly as 0/1 the amnesiac ability does not apply to 0 level spells.

Odds are that UI choice was made to make it easier to code the functionality into hero lab, instead of checking for non-existent 0 level thing, just insert level and level - 1 trackers, using a dummy 0 level tracker.

Pooptickler June 26th, 2021 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minous (Post 295605)
So looking at your por file, HL looks to be doing it right (I think you are getting confused by a poor UI choice for 0 level spells) See attached photo there are two pools (and these say with the character as it levels up) the 0/0 you referenced is for the max spell level - 1 pool (AKA 0 level spells at 1st level) the max spell level pool (1st level spell) does show up correctly as 0/1 the amnesiac ability does not apply to 0 level spells.

Odds are that UI choice was made to make it easier to code the functionality into hero lab, instead of checking for non-existent 0 level thing, just insert level and level - 1 trackers, using a dummy 0 level tracker.

Just so I have this right, I'm not supposed to have a separate spell list for the Amnestic pool, yeah?
If so, gotcha, it's what I get for trying to figure something out while really frustrated.
Thank you kindly.

Minous June 27th, 2021 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pooptickler (Post 295609)
Just so I have this right, I'm not supposed to have a separate spell list for the Amnestic pool, yeah?
If so, gotcha, it's what I get for trying to figure something out while really frustrated.
Thank you kindly.

Yeah, keeping track of previous day spells is just messy paperwork, something that hero lab isnt really setup to do. Gotta remember that HL isn't a miracle that does everything for you, rather its a tool that helps you do a LOT.

Pooptickler June 27th, 2021 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minous (Post 295618)
Yeah, keeping track of previous day spells is just messy paperwork, something that hero lab isnt really setup to do. Gotta remember that HL isn't a miracle that does everything for you, rather its a tool that helps you do a LOT.

That's completely fair, though I'll say that Hero Lab has treated me very well over the years.
The old girl's done good work.
Thank you so much for your help, Minous.

pixoha5197 June 29th, 2021 12:52 AM

Thanks for these.