Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HLO - Starfinder (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Hero Lab Online Starfinder (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=60605)

Wolverine690 April 29th, 2018 12:32 PM

Hero Lab Online Starfinder

So I got the HLO for Starfinder and like it for the most part. But something that is driving me batty is I can't seem to find how I can add a + to any gear whether it to armor or weapons.

Is there a place or way to do this and if so where or how?

Thanks

Mathias April 30th, 2018 07:18 AM

A "+" what? You don't mean mixing in Pathfinder's rules for magic items, like having a +1 azimuth laser pistol?

Wolverine690 April 30th, 2018 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mathias (Post 266025)
A "+" what? You don't mean mixing in Pathfinder's rules for magic items, like having a +1 azimuth laser pistol?

Yes, however it shouldn't be mixing if it's a listed item drop from a boss. It should be starfinder.

Mathias April 30th, 2018 08:04 AM

That is a major house rule you're asking for - to bring a system from Pathfinder that Paizo decided not to incorporate into Starfinder, and re-create it in Starfinder. Do you have rules written up for how to translate the costs from Pathfinder to Starfinder?

Toblakai April 30th, 2018 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolverine690 (Post 266027)
Yes, however it shouldn't be mixing if it's a listed item drop from a boss. It should be starfinder.

What Paizo adventure drops this?

Wolverine690 April 30th, 2018 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toblakai (Post 266048)
What Paizo adventure drops this?

I don't recall the name I think it's the 1st one. You fight a vesk soldier and he drops a (or was told by gm, who also doesn't make stuff up he follows what's in books) +1 azmith artillery rifle.

Toblakai April 30th, 2018 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolverine690 (Post 266075)
I don't recall the name I think it's the 1st one. You fight a vesk soldier and he drops a (or was told by gm, who also doesn't make stuff up he follows what's in books) +1 azmith artillery rifle.

The Vesk doesn't have a +1 weapon it's a normal weapon, I think maybe your GM wanted to give you a better weapon: Vesk stat block

jlong05 May 1st, 2018 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toblakai (Post 266079)
The Vesk doesn't have a +1 weapon it's a normal weapon, I think maybe your GM wanted to give you a better weapon: Vesk stat block

I think the GM was confused as the normal Azimuth Artillery Laser does 1d10 dmg, but the statblock included a +1, however I believe that was a bonus from the skills of the Vesk using it. Something to do with his Class Graft

Wolverine690 May 1st, 2018 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlong05 (Post 266086)
I think the GM was confused as the normal Azimuth Artillery Laser does 1d10 dmg, but the statblock included a +1, however I believe that was a bonus from the skills of the Vesk using it. Something to do with his Class Graft

Oh I see makes sense... We've struggled a bit with Starfinder in some areas.

Off topic a little, did the bosses in the first adventure up to the asteriod with the last boss and other boss fights up till then seem a little more difficult for characters of the level the module suggested the characters be at? We only had 3 players granted but even so fights seemed to be a bit more rough and even with a 4th person we didn't feel it would have made a lot of difference. Especially for that last fight.

jlong05 May 1st, 2018 09:55 AM

My group hasn't really struggled with any encounter until they met the monkeys and plant in AP2. Poison effects are real, and they exact a toll.