Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - d20 System (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Version 5.3 of the d20 System data files are now available! (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=50798)

Colen September 22nd, 2014 02:20 PM

Version 5.3 of the d20 System data files are now available!

Hi everyone,

Thanks again to Tim Shadow, an update is now available for the d20 data files! This update includes the following changes:

Enhancements & Changes
  • Added missing values to the Base Summary tab including: BAB, Size, and Reach.
  • In-Play tab has been re-worked to better organize the display. Sections have been renamed including "Charges" to "Tracked Resources", "Charges" broken out to "Activated Abilities", and "Equipped Weapons and Armor" moved to the bottom. This makes d20 match Pathfinder layout and gives more flexibility. See "Data File Authoring" on notes on how to work with the new layout.
  • Added an "other" gender option, allowing you to enter a custom gender for the character.

Bug Fixes
  • The following races were getting double bonuses from having a climb speed: Fiendish Dire Rat, Lizard.
  • The Formian race was not correctly bootstrapping the Damage Resistance, Sonic ability.
  • The Halfling Racial save bonus was incorrectly stating that the bonus to all saves was +2 (instead of +1) in the description.
  • The Elf (Drow) race stated gets a +2 to all saves vs spell like abilities/spells, actually only gets that bonus to Will saves.
  • The Whale races lacked a special stating -4 Listen/Spot penalty if their Blindsense is negated.
  • The Lizardfolk race was gaining the Common language by default.
  • The Druid's Wild Shape ability was not using the hTotal field to generate its name and description, so adding charges to it would not cause the name to change.
  • Updated all the Druid class abilities with the full text from the SRD.
  • The Paladin's Smite Evil ability was not using the hTotal field to generate its name and description, so adding charges to it would not cause the name to change.
  • Updated all the Paladin class abilities with the full text from the SRD.
  • Paladin Smite Evil can now be activated on the In-Play tab.
  • The Shot on the Run feat had an incorrect pre-req, stating it needed a BAB of +1 instead of +4.
  • The Glove of Storing was not a container.
  • The Scabbard of Keen Edges was not a container.
  • Attempt to access field 'cSpellExpr' that does not exist for thing fixed for races that have Racial Spells like the Solar.
  • Fixed the "Monster Classes" that where setup with Racial Spells like the Pixie.
  • Werewolf template was not taking into account the base animals BAB. See "Data File Authoring" notes on full details of change.
  • The turn/rebuke setting on the Cleric tab was not being set correctly for non-neutral clerics and clerics of non-neutral deities.

Data File Authoring
  • Tags that control settings on the In-Play tab have been re-worked.
  • Helper.CustCharge - Allows for user entered text to be entered on the In-Play tab under "Tracked Resources".
  • Helper.ClSpecChg & Helper.ShowCharge - Both work the same now so that we are backwards compatable. Going forward only Helper.ShowCharge should be used which forces a Thing to show up on the In-Play tab under "Tracked Resources".
  • Helper.ClSpecChg - This is tag is deprecated and should no longer be used. Please use "Helper.ShowCharge" instead. While it will continue to work on existing Things the editor's "Class Special" tab will not show "Show in Tracked Resources list?" unless you have the the Helper.ShowCharge tag assigned.
  • Helper.ShowActAb1 & Helper.ShowActAb2 - Show on Activated Ability section of the "In-Play" tab. These tags get applied to the pick if the hName1 or hName2 field text is not empty before Final/50000. You should not assign these yourself in scripts. You can use them if you need to find an ability that has an activation or not.
  • Usage.? - Usage tags are for abilities that are usable a specific number of times in a given period. In example a paladin smite is usable 1/day at level 1. To mimic this now you would set a "Base Charge" field[hTotal].value to a one and place a Usage.Day tag onto the Class Ability. This will cause HL to display "Smite Evil (1/day)" on the Specials and In-Play tab. Note I added a drop down of the Usage Tags inside the editor to make this easy to use. This tag is dynamic which means you can add/create your own new tags.
  • #totalcharges[] - New macro added for easy adding to a Things hTotal field. This is the same as doing hero.childfound[#pick].field[hTotal].value.
  • Turning.Turn and Turning.Rebuke - These new tags can be assigned to the xTurning ability when it gets bootstrapped. This tells the xTurning special ability if our class Turns or Rebukes undead. This is assigned by the Paladin class in example as it can only Turn Undead. The cleric class assigns either Turn/Rebuke tags to the xTurning helper before Post-Attributes/50000. For a working example look at the cleric class special "Turn / Rebuke Undead".
  • Turning.? - This tag will get forwarded from the xTurning helper Thing to the hero at Post-Attributes/50000. This allows feats to easily test for the specific type of Turning that a character can do in a pre-req. In example hero.tagis[Turning.Turn] <> 0 would test to make sure a character can Turn Undead.
  • LycanForm procedure has been enhanced to accept a new parm called "v_BAB" that allows setting the base attack bonus of the Lycanthrope's base animal form. So in example the Werewolf would set this value to +1 as that is the BAB of a natural wolf. This bonus is applied in all three forums.
  • Magic Items (Potions, Rings, Rods, Staffs, Wands, and Wondrous items) can now be tagged with "Helper.Helper" tag to cause them not to display on the Magic tab list as selectable.
  • Editor tabs for (Potions, Rings, Rods, Staffs, Wands, and Wondrous items) has changed with a new option called "Helper Thing Only?" that will assign "Helper.Helper" when check marked.

Sendric September 23rd, 2014 06:18 AM

Awesome! Thanks Shadow and Colen!

Sendric September 23rd, 2014 06:25 AM

I see you fixed the Scabbard of Keen Edges and the Glove of Storing, however, the Portable Hole remains unmarked as a container (fixed in the community set, though).

Also, with the addition of the Turning.? tags, for which I am grateful, I am running into a situation where feats of the Divine category have a pre-determined pre-req of Turn Undead. However, some of these feats require only Rebuke Undead. Is it possible to turn off a feat's automatic pre-req so that I can replace it with one that looks for the Turning.Rebuke tag instead? This feature exists on weapons (Don't generate pre-requisite?).

Sendric September 23rd, 2014 07:12 AM

The Paladin's mount does not seem to be getting Improved Speed or Command as special abilities as the Paladin rises in level.

ShadowChemosh September 23rd, 2014 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 193702)
The Paladin's mount does not seem to be getting Improved Speed or Command as special abilities as the Paladin rises in level.

Thanks for the bug report.

ShadowChemosh September 23rd, 2014 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 193696)
I see you fixed the Scabbard of Keen Edges and the Glove of Storing, however, the Portable Hole remains unmarked as a container (fixed in the community set, though).

Thanks for the bug report!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 193696)
Also, with the addition of the Turning.? tags, for which I am grateful, I am running into a situation where feats of the Divine category have a pre-determined pre-req of Turn Undead. However, some of these feats require only Rebuke Undead. Is it possible to turn off a feat's automatic pre-req so that I can replace it with one that looks for the Turning.Rebuke tag instead? This feature exists on weapons (Don't generate pre-requisite?).

So my thought was that Hero.TurnUndead (I think that is the tag) is still assigned to the Hero which is what the feat is looking for with background scripts. Then you would add a second specific pre-req that is "hero.tagis[Turning.Rebuke] <> 0" with an error message. So if no xTurning on the character the player will get two error messages. If they have xTurning but its Turn Undead they will only get one error message.

So the background script says "Yes I have Class Ability Turn Undead" and then you can add logic to look specifically for Turn Undead or Rebuke Undead.

That was my thought. If that is not working out then we can take a second look.

Sendric September 23rd, 2014 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 193722)
So my thought was that Hero.TurnUndead (I think that is the tag) is still assigned to the Hero which is what the feat is looking for with background scripts. Then you would add a second specific pre-req that is "hero.tagis[Turning.Rebuke] <> 0" with an error message. So if no xTurning on the character the player will get two error messages. If they have xTurning but its Turn Undead they will only get one error message.

So the background script says "Yes I have Class Ability Turn Undead" and then you can add logic to look specifically for Turn Undead or Rebuke Undead.

That was my thought. If that is not working out then we can take a second look.

Ok. I can work with that. Thanks.

Kendall-DM September 26th, 2014 09:56 AM

Did you add a xSmiteEvil special, because now I'm getting a duplicate with the one I made?

EDIT: Nevermind, I guess you added it for charges, while mine was just as an ability. Collision repair for me!

ShadowChemosh September 26th, 2014 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kendall-DM (Post 193980)
Did you add a xSmiteEvil special, because now I'm getting a duplicate with the one I made?

EDIT: Nevermind, I guess you added it for charges, while mine was just as an ability. Collision repair for me!

Cool all good? As you saw I did add one to the CORE files (xSmiteGood & xSmiteEvil). This issue should not come up very often except with a few of the core classes/feats. As I can't actually add anything past the stuff in the SRD to HL.

Just a note that once I add in real creature Types and Subtypes I could "maybe" clash with the community stuff. I will try my best to use a different Unique ID so that Things can be transitioned over to Types/Subtypes as the community has time.

Something for you guys to be thinking about is new mechanics that are needed to support something in a book. While I can't add the "data" I can add the functionality.

Kendall-DM September 26th, 2014 02:42 PM

There wasn't an xSmiteEvil in the CORE stuff before now. I know, I added mine, now I have two, yours and the one I created. It's an easy fix, since I think that both do the same thing. It's all good, this will happen as things get cleaned up, and that is a good thing indeed.

Sendric September 29th, 2014 07:32 AM

The Barbarian Rage ability could use some updating. Currently, its name does not update if the character gains additional uses per day (as through the Extra Rage feat from Complete Warrior).

Sendric September 29th, 2014 11:18 AM

Summary for Quicken Spell-Like Ability from MM1 is incorrect (looks like description for Empower Spell-Like Ability).

ShadowChemosh September 29th, 2014 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 194149)
The Barbarian Rage ability could use some updating. Currently, its name does not update if the character gains additional uses per day (as through the Extra Rage feat from Complete Warrior).

Yep I am going to slowly go through each CORE class. I did the Cleric/Paladin/Druid last times. So Bavarian is on the list coming up. I am adding the 'full' text from the SRD and making sure everything is scripted.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 194180)
Summary for Quicken Spell-Like Ability from MM1 is incorrect (looks like description for Empower Spell-Like Ability).

Thanks for the bug report.

Sendric September 30th, 2014 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 194183)
So Bavarian is on the list coming up.

Great! I love Bavarian. It would be my favorite if it wasn't so powdery.

TobyFox2002 September 30th, 2014 06:22 AM

I've found a good number of typos and omissions from the psionic abilities. Many of of them lack the full text descriptions from their relevant books. Including the Augment information and instructions and rules for their use.

Not sure if this is something that is known, but it is very significant, it makes creating psionic classes all but impossible, especially without the augment information in the text.

Sendric September 30th, 2014 09:02 AM

The Smite Good and Smite Evil specials add the tag User.Smite to the hero. Could we these tags assigned to the specials as well? In addition, could we get something similar for Auras? User.Aura would suffice.

Sendric September 30th, 2014 09:27 AM

The Usage.AtWill tag appends "(0 At Will)" to the livename. I suspect this should be shortened to "(At Will)".

ShadowChemosh September 30th, 2014 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 194239)
Great! I love Bavarian. It would be my favorite if it wasn't so powdery.

Nice! :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by TobyFox2002 (Post 194242)
I've found a good number of typos and omissions from the psionic abilities. Many of of them lack the full text descriptions from their relevant books. Including the Augment information and instructions and rules for their use.

Not sure if this is something that is known, but it is very significant, it makes creating psionic classes all but impossible, especially without the augment information in the text.

Thanks for the bug report. Doing the Psionics classes text should be done.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 194252)
The Smite Good and Smite Evil specials add the tag User.Smite to the hero. Could we these tags assigned to the specials as well? In addition, could we get something similar for Auras? User.Aura would suffice.

Good idea. Will add such to the to-do list.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 194253)
The Usage.AtWill tag appends "(0 At Will)" to the livename. I suspect this should be shortened to "(At Will)".

Opps. :D Thanks for the bug-report.

TheBlueDie October 2nd, 2014 11:21 AM

I noticed that +1 spellcasting PRC is not adding spells known for duskblade. PRC used was abjurant champion. It looks like the prerequisite is strictly based on duskblade level.

Sendric October 3rd, 2014 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBlueDie (Post 194474)
I noticed that +1 spellcasting PRC is not adding spells known for duskblade. PRC used was abjurant champion. It looks like the prerequisite is strictly based on duskblade level.

I am unable to reproduce this issue. When you add the Abjurant Champion, you should see the option in the class tab to Add more magic levels. Click this and choose Duskblade. Seems to work for me. The pre-reqs for Abjurant Champion look correct to me as well. If you are seeing something different, let me know the steps or attach your .por file here.

Sendric October 3rd, 2014 06:32 AM

Per the community bug thread:

Quote:

The Half-Dragon template is not correctly applying the Dragon Type to characters in hero labs. As a result, it is giving back prerequisite errors when dealing with dragon feats/spells/abilities and dragonblood feats/spells/abilities.
This is actually something of a rampant issue with the various templates from MM1. Some of them have been fixed in the community set, but others haven't (such as this one). I could create a fix in the community set for this as well, but it would be temporary.

TobyFox2002 October 3rd, 2014 06:46 AM

I am not sure, this issue could simply be a coding problem. But it did make me aware of another issue that is most definitely not a community bug.

The following code also seems to count TEMPLATES, which I don't think it should.

Code:

var SorcLvl as number
      SorcLvl = #totallevelcount[] - #levelcount[Race]

It also made me aware that the 6 CLASS MAX that hero labs has seems to incorrectly give a too many class message when you have templates added to your character. In essence it is counting each template as a separate class, which I don't think is quite correct.

If I posted this in the wrong place I apologize.

ShadowChemosh October 3rd, 2014 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TobyFox2002 (Post 194597)
I am not sure, this issue could simply be a coding problem. But it did make me aware of another issue that is most definitely not a community bug.

The following code also seems to count TEMPLATES, which I don't think it should.

Code:

var SorcLvl as number
      SorcLvl = #totallevelcount[] - #levelcount[Race]

It also made me aware that the 6 CLASS MAX that hero labs has seems to incorrectly give a too many class message when you have templates added to your character. In essence it is counting each template as a separate class, which I don't think is quite correct.

If I posted this in the wrong place I apologize.

I don't think that has anything to do with the community stuff. Can you re-post that in the official d20 thread. I can try and take a look at that for next release as that would really mess things up on characters...

TobyFox2002 October 3rd, 2014 12:59 PM

the offical d20 thread which one.. I thought this was the one for d20 bugs.

ShadowChemosh October 3rd, 2014 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TobyFox2002 (Post 194636)
the offical d20 thread which one.. I thought this was the one for d20 bugs.

LOL sorry it has been a long week and I got confused which thread I was in. Thanks for the bug report. :)

Bloodwolf October 31st, 2014 11:19 AM

Not sure if this is the right place for MM1 bugs since they are core but I've been adding monsters for the Summon Monster spells so that I can transfer them to d20 Pro and I've been finding some bugs. I'll have to reopen some of my others to get them all but here is one.

I create a Huge Viper Snake and it asks me to pick a weapon for Weapon Focus. A huge viper has Bite as its focus so I hit that. Then it turns the weapon tab red and the warning says that Weapon Focus Animal Bite has been picked twice. But there is only one Weapon Focus feat up.

Sendric November 1st, 2014 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bloodwolf (Post 196349)
Not sure if this is the right place for MM1 bugs since they are core but I've been adding monsters for the Summon Monster spells so that I can transfer them to d20 Pro and I've been finding some bugs. I'll have to reopen some of my others to get them all but here is one.

I create a Huge Viper Snake and it asks me to pick a weapon for Weapon Focus. A huge viper has Bite as its focus so I hit that. Then it turns the weapon tab red and the warning says that Weapon Focus Animal Bite has been picked twice. But there is only one Weapon Focus feat up.

This is technically a community bug since most, if not all, of the MM1 monsters have been added this way. Looks like when the bite weapon was bootstrapped, it was given the Weapon Focus tag so when you add it with the feat it creates an error. It should probably be removed from the bootstrap. I'll make a note. Might also be others. Thanks for the report.

Bloodwolf November 1st, 2014 12:19 PM

Cool. I'll put the rest that I find over there. I have noticed that a lot of them get Simple and Martial weapon feats when they don't normally have them. I don't think it is a big deal because the ones that I have seen it on don't have hands or wouldn't normally use weapons. Do you want me to add them there too?

Sendric November 2nd, 2014 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bloodwolf (Post 196435)
Cool. I'll put the rest that I find over there. I have noticed that a lot of them get Simple and Martial weapon feats when they don't normally have them. I don't think it is a big deal because the ones that I have seen it on don't have hands or wouldn't normally use weapons. Do you want me to add them there too?

Sure. Any bugs you find you can write up. Thanks!

Lonewolf147 November 29th, 2014 03:46 PM

Hey all, found an issue with the Solar.
When loading the Angel, Solar up as a new character, I get this error message:

Attempt to access transaction pick from script when no transaction context exists Locaion: ‘creation’ script for Component ‘BaseWep’ near line 17

I have Lawful_G 1.14 installed. The only options I have selected are Lawful G's Custom, Lawful G's Hidden, DMG, and Monster Manual 1.

Talking with Sendric, he feels there is probably an underlying error somewhere and suggested I post it here to be looked at.

Kendall-DM December 1st, 2014 09:47 AM

@ShadowChemosh

Would it be possible to add a field to spells that would list a DC? Also, is there a way to add the one field that is missing from the Spells (Area, Target, Effect, it can have a few names, so it might have to be a user defined field)? Lastly, can special abilities have a DC with an associated ability-based component, so that it would calculate the 10 + 1/2 HD + ability mod? This would go a long way to solving many issues I have with spells and special abilities. Just some things I've come across lately.

ShadowChemosh December 1st, 2014 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf147 (Post 198544)
Hey all, found an issue with the Solar.
When loading the Angel, Solar up as a new character, I get this error message:

Attempt to access transaction pick from script when no transaction context exists Locaion: ‘creation’ script for Component ‘BaseWep’ near line 17

I have Lawful_G 1.14 installed. The only options I have selected are Lawful G's Custom, Lawful G's Hidden, DMG, and Monster Manual 1.

Talking with Sendric, he feels there is probably an underlying error somewhere and suggested I post it here to be looked at.

Thanks for the bug report. I have added it to be looked at for next release.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kendall-DM (Post 198653)
@ShadowChemosh

Would it be possible to add a field to spells that would list a DC? Also, is there a way to add the one field that is missing from the Spells (Area, Target, Effect, it can have a few names, so it might have to be a user defined field)? Lastly, can special abilities have a DC with an associated ability-based component, so that it would calculate the 10 + 1/2 HD + ability mod? This would go a long way to solving many issues I have with spells and special abilities. Just some things I've come across lately.

Yep those are all "great" ideas for improvements. I wanted to work on some of the "spells" issues that d20 has. Like not being able to assign a spell to multiple classes.

Adding the "DC" and Area, Target, Effect would also be a great addition to spells at the same time.

Kendall-DM January 4th, 2015 12:13 AM

Found a couple of issues. I've noticed that the In-Play tab works differently, and now all the things I've created with just the checkbox to activate it also have a charge on the In-Play tab that says 0/0. It's way too much work for me to get rid of all of them, when they weren't there before. Before it would either put the check box or show the charges or both depending on the selection in the Special. Now it appears these have been combined into one option on the Specials? Is this the intended use?

The other issue is unarmed attacks. It seems that the unarmed attack damage progression has been flubbed up. Medium creatures still get 1d3, but now the Large creatures are getting 1d6 rather than 1d4, and Huge creatures are getting 2d6 instead of 1d6. It appears to be doing a damage up for the size twice. I know there were some changes to unarmed strike, but this is a dozy I just happened to notice on a huge Giant and then went testing to see what was up.

Sendric January 5th, 2015 05:15 AM

The spell "Torrent of Elemental Rage" with id 'sPFWiz6002' from Pathfinder - Legacy of Fire is incorrectly marked as a Sorcerer spell.

Sendric January 9th, 2015 10:48 AM

Am I crazy, or were we once able to 'equip' a natural weapon? I only ask because in the instances where you are wanting to use a primary natural weapon as a secondary attack, there doesn't seem to be way to determine attack bonus and damage for that attack.

mirtos January 9th, 2015 01:03 PM

i think that only existed in Pathfinder... but im not sure either.

TobyFox2002 January 10th, 2015 03:12 PM

Runtime error

1 Attachment(s)
I have encountered a runtime error, it seems to occur only when I try to add additional spell levels from a prestige class.

I've tried several different classes, and combinations and I get the same thing.

Finally, for some reason the updater was giving me Hero Labs 1.6e. I finally got it to give me 1.6a and it seems to be working.

ShadowChemosh January 11th, 2015 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TobyFox2002 (Post 201210)
I have encountered a runtime error, it seems to occur only when I try to add additional spell levels from a prestige class.

I've tried several different classes, and combinations and I get the same thing.

Finally, for some reason the updater was giving me Hero Labs 1.6e. I finally got it to give me 1.6a and it seems to be working.

This looks like the same issue reported HERE and Colen has posted a fixed .exe to try. So try that out TobyFox and see if it fixes your issue also. Be good to let Colen know it works for d20 also.

ShadowChemosh January 11th, 2015 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kendall-DM (Post 200768)
Found a couple of issues. I've noticed that the In-Play tab works differently, and now all the things I've created with just the checkbox to activate it also have a charge on the In-Play tab that says 0/0. It's way too much work for me to get rid of all of them, when they weren't there before. Before it would either put the check box or show the charges or both depending on the selection in the Special. Now it appears these have been combined into one option on the Specials? Is this the intended use?

Can you provide some examples or .user files that have this issue? I can't duplicate it and that is not how it was intended to work. In example add a Ring of Three wishes and you get "only" 3/uses to display on the In-Play tab.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kendall-DM (Post 200768)
The other issue is unarmed attacks. It seems that the unarmed attack damage progression has been flubbed up. Medium creatures still get 1d3, but now the Large creatures are getting 1d6 rather than 1d4, and Huge creatures are getting 2d6 instead of 1d6. It appears to be doing a damage up for the size twice. I know there were some changes to unarmed strike, but this is a dozy I just happened to notice on a huge Giant and then went testing to see what was up.

You are correct. But I don't remember go anywhere near BaseWep component that I recall during the last update. So I don't know why this suddenly changed. :(

ShadowChemosh January 11th, 2015 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 201139)
Am I crazy, or were we once able to 'equip' a natural weapon? I only ask because in the instances where you are wanting to use a primary natural weapon as a secondary attack, there doesn't seem to be way to determine attack bonus and damage for that attack.

I honestly don't know. I know they where not equip-able in Pathfinder but maybe they where in d20 so you can pick which was the Primary attack and which the 'secondary' attack? I don't recall doing anything in the area of weapons so not sure why this would suddenly change. :(