Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Blackblade (magus archetype) (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=51299)

Incendiaeternus November 12th, 2014 05:58 PM

Blackblade (magus archetype)

Odd question, current rules are allowing Blackblade to be made of non-standard metals (adamantine). Is there a way to add that in hero labs?

Togainu November 12th, 2014 09:17 PM

There is really no need to be able to add it as a property. If your DM allowed it you can just use the custome name field to add the word adamantine to it. That way it represents it.

However that being said there is no real bonus to making it adamantine besides overcoming the DR from some creatures early on.Which is something that you need to keep track of yourself just as well as the other benefits. And seeing the +1 enhancement doesn't stack with the bladebounds +1 weapon to begin with there is no benefit from there either.

ChrisRevocateur November 13th, 2014 08:12 AM

For those of us that use virtual tabletops and import characters/creatures from Hero Lab, actually, there is a use case for being able to add adamantine as a property to a blackblade. d20Pro might not be able to catch that and use it right NOW, but when the unlimited engine comes out, you better believe I'm gonna be using the plugin system to add that capability.

ShadowChemosh November 13th, 2014 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisRevocateur (Post 197325)
For those of us that use virtual tabletops and import characters/creatures from Hero Lab, actually, there is a use case for being able to add adamantine as a property to a blackblade. d20Pro might not be able to catch that and use it right NOW, but when the unlimited engine comes out, you better believe I'm gonna be using the plugin system to add that capability.

Even then d20pro is never going to have access to the HL data base of Picks and Gizmos. So it will just be reading +1 Adamatine Longsword wording to figure it out.

So using the "Custom" text option that Togainu mentions is your best bet.

Mathias November 13th, 2014 11:15 AM

One of the items on my wishlist is to add a set of tags to weapons (and then display them) that can store the "bypasses DR as a..." options for a weapon - that way, if your weapon is +3 longsword, it figures out and displays to the user that you can bypass magic, silver, cold iron, and slashing DRs with that weapon. So once that's done, and then once that's added to the d20pro export, we'll be outputting the list of bypasses as tags, which they can read in for whatever system they're using to track damage applied vs. DR.

(And once that capability is added, there will be an adjustment to add any of those tags to any weapon, as well as updates to the adjustments for things like the Paladin's Aura of Justice)

Mathias November 13th, 2014 11:17 AM

Also, if this is a bug, please submit it as one, so that we get it on our to-do list. I see nothing in the bladebound class that mentions special materials one way or the other, so I'd say that black blades are made of standard materials unless your GM house rules that. Has there been a FAQ answer that expands that?

ShadowChemosh November 13th, 2014 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mathias (Post 197341)
One of the items on my wishlist is to add a set of tags to weapons (and then display them) that can store the "bypasses DR as a..." options for a weapon - that way, if your weapon is +3 longsword, it figures out and displays to the user that you can bypass magic, silver, cold iron, and slashing DRs with that weapon. So once that's done, and then once that's added to the d20pro export, we'll be outputting the list of bypasses as tags, which they can read in for whatever system they're using to track damage applied vs. DR.

(And once that capability is added, there will be an adjustment to add any of those tags to any weapon, as well as updates to the adjustments for things like the Paladin's Aura of Justice)

That would be a really nice way of handling this! Me like! :)

Incendiaeternus November 14th, 2014 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mathias (Post 197342)
Also, if this is a bug, please submit it as one, so that we get it on our to-do list. I see nothing in the bladebound class that mentions special materials one way or the other, so I'd say that black blades are made of standard materials unless your GM house rules that. Has there been a FAQ answer that expands that?

Not a house rule, pfs you still have to buy the blade with gold, and so it not uncommon for us to buy adamantine.

Not necessarily a bug, as I did not know if it was already possible and I just didn't see it.