Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Word Casting (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=44466)

Asandir June 3rd, 2013 12:02 PM

Word Casting

After a review of the various tabs and the codes in HL, would it be a fair statement that the Words for Word casting are not accessible on a tab anywhere in the system, or did I miss something.

Reason for asking John Brazer Enterprises has put out a small supplement for the Word Casters and was wondering if it was going to be possible to add to this sub-system.

Thanks.

ShadowChemosh June 3rd, 2013 12:05 PM

They are not on the "Spells" Tab? I have not actually looked but I remember some of the Spell Expressions removing Word Caster spells. So it sort of makes sense they are on that tab....

Asandir June 3rd, 2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 158952)
They are not on the "Spells" Tab? I have not actually looked but I remember some of the Spell Expressions removing Word Caster spells. So it sort of makes sense they are on that tab....

First place I looked. I tried to find Sense Magic to no avail. Here is the tag for it: weSensMag0

ShadowChemosh June 3rd, 2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asandir (Post 158953)
First place I looked. I tried to find Sense Magic to no avail. Here is the tag for it: weSensMag0

Hmmm.... sorry not near HL so can't help anymore than that. Its possible that the Editor Tab for them has not been done yet. Guess you have to wait for Aaron or Mathias for a answer. :(

Asandir June 3rd, 2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 158955)
Hmmm.... sorry not near HL so can't help anymore than that. Its possible that the Editor Tab for them has not been done yet. Guess you have to wait for Aaron or Mathias for a answer. :(

No worries. :D Not pressing, I was just playing with the word casting system a bit and got to thinking about it since I was also looking at JBE's new word list.

risner June 3rd, 2013 12:49 PM

What changes do you need?

Looking at the data.hlz file here are some tags you can use:

Helper.Wordcaster
component.EffectWord
component.MetaWord
sWordCat.?

I've had to do some low level changes before, and it is usually a matter of finding when the script runs to do something internally and making a script in an object that runs just after.

Asandir June 3rd, 2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by risner (Post 158957)
What changes do you need?

Looking at the data.hlz file here are some tags you can use:

Helper.Wordcaster
component.EffectWord
component.MetaWord
sWordCat.?

I've had to do some low level changes before, and it is usually a matter of finding when the script runs to do something internally and making a script in an object that runs just after.

Adding new words....