Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Custom names for weapons (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=65054)

mototom October 31st, 2020 09:40 AM

Custom names for weapons

In HL Classic I recall we could give a weapon a custom name. It doesn't look like that's something that can be done in HLO right now, is it?

Many NPCs have weapons that have a name I'd like to keep track of, and PCs might end up in possession of special weapons. I realize we can create a custom weapon, but that seems like a lot of work just to have an otherwise normal magical weapon with a unique name.

Hollis November 2nd, 2020 06:29 AM

An odd thing to have gone astray. I'll have to add this to our to-do list.

talsharien November 3rd, 2020 03:39 AM

If you go to Permanent Adjustments and select the Override Name option (right down at the bottom) you can still do this.

mototom November 4th, 2020 09:40 PM

That's not available for NPCs, unless you go through the hassle of using the PC rules. (And I still wonder why they've moved something as straightforward as the weapon name to an adjustment.)

Daniel V November 9th, 2020 01:15 AM

I don't know that it was an intentional move, actually. There was a lot of overhaul done internally recently to go with the API support, and it might have gone amiss in that, because I thought it was an option. It's on our list of things to look at though, I know that, and seems like a thing that should be present.

LazarX October 29th, 2023 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by talsharien (Post 291733)
If you go to Permanent Adjustments and select the Override Name option (right down at the bottom) you can still do this.

That option seems to have been removed for weapons that aren't magic staves.

LazarX November 7th, 2023 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mototom (Post 291713)
In HL Classic I recall we could give a weapon a custom name. It doesn't look like that's something that can be done in HLO right now, is it?

Many NPCs have weapons that have a name I'd like to keep track of, and PCs might end up in possession of special weapons. I realize we can create a custom weapon, but that seems like a lot of work just to have an otherwise normal magical weapon with a unique name.

It sort of does work but not on the main herolab display, if you export a statblock or print out a PDF the substitution will kick in.

mototom November 7th, 2023 09:51 AM

This thread is two years old. It looks like Override Name does appear as an adjustment for all NPCs now. But I don't export stat blocks or print every NPC. It really needs to show up in Play, but in limited testing that currently seems broken.

Daniel V November 7th, 2023 01:51 PM

Yeah something went amiss with this. Which is odd, since I know I got custom weapon names set up within the past year, but something might have gotten bushwhacked with other changes. It'll get assessed along with everything else in the world once I can do anything with my life that isn't work to get remaster stuff implemented.

Though if anyone wants to submit us a bug report with whatever's going on with the adjustment, that'd be helpful so Ryan can get it logged with the relevant details, since my awareness is of the custom name field on weapons themselves.