Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Hero Lab Online Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Hero Lab Online Pathfinder Original (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=61505)

Marediv November 1st, 2018 09:28 AM

Hero Lab Online Pathfinder Original

I own a license and several books for Pathfinder original. Am I able to use those in pathfinder online or just the new playtest?

This may have been addressed before but I did not see it.

Parody November 1st, 2018 11:09 AM

No, you can't use them at present. The only systems in HLO are Starfinder and Pathfinder Playtest.

In the future they may implement other systems, and they have said they'd let you add your existing licenses for a small fee if/when that happens.

Merion November 4th, 2018 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parody (Post 272264)
No, you can't use them at present. The only systems in HLO are Starfinder and Pathfinder Playtest.

In the future they may implement other systems, and they have said they'd let you add your existing licenses for a small fee if/when that happens.

You can add those licenses already (I think the fee is 20$) but you can't use it yet. But as they already are taking our money for the migration, I'd say it's a sure bet PF1 will be implemented at some point in the future.

ShadowChemosh November 5th, 2018 01:24 AM

No one is taking any money or charging anything currently. You can associate your HLC license numbers to your HLO/RW user id. That is all that is currently happening. :)

Merion November 7th, 2018 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 272344)
No one is taking any money or charging anything currently. You can associate your HLC license numbers to your HLO/RW user id. That is all that is currently happening. :)

Really? I thought I had to greenlight something like that when I linked my license, but I might be mistaken. You are way more knowledgeable than me when it comes to HL, so you are probably be right.

Not sure what that implies for PF1 coming to HLO. I still think it will be coming, as it's still LWD's cashcow afaik, but not quite so sure anymore.

Parody November 7th, 2018 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merion (Post 272402)
Really? I thought I had to greenlight something like that when I linked my license, but I might be mistaken.

You had to agree to link them, but there was no money involved.

LazarX November 7th, 2018 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 272344)

Are there any downsides to linking them?

ShadowChemosh November 7th, 2018 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LazarX (Post 272417)
Are there any downsides to linking them?

Nothing that I can tell.. I did it the first day and I see no difference... I think its for a future change where LW will use only accounts for control instead of licenses. That is my guess anyways....

TheMaskedFerret November 8th, 2018 07:13 PM

They have said as much.

Happydevil43 November 14th, 2018 07:34 PM

The sooner HL Original is available online the better for me.

Since my Ipad died, I am forced to use HL Classic at the table on a Surface Pro - which without a mouse is cumbersome and a bit unwieldy (even more so right now while I am nursing a broken arm) - especially if we have a full house I take up a lot of room...

My only other option is to go back to pen and paper *shudders* . As far as I know I don't have another options :-(

I'd even be happy to beta test it!