Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Advanced Players Guide Playtest (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=63405)

CoyoteGospel November 6th, 2019 02:18 PM

Advanced Players Guide Playtest
 
Will HLO be supporting the APG playtest that was just released for P2?

I know during 1st edition, it was very common for HeroLab classic to have the playtest classes available.

BJ November 8th, 2019 06:48 AM

Not at this time. We have a full house working on upcoming PF2 & Starfinder books as well as Shadowrun 6 and all our previous commitments. We just don't have the resources to commit to it this time around.

magpi November 8th, 2019 09:04 AM

@BJ- does prior commitments include the Campaign Theater? Haven't heard anything about that in a while, wondering if it's coming anytime soon.

talsharien November 9th, 2019 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJ (Post 283603)
Not at this time. We have a full house working on upcoming PF2 & Starfinder books as well as Shadowrun 6 and all our previous commitments. We just don't have the resources to commit to it this time around.

This is very disappointing. My groups use Hero Lab exclusively for our gaming sessions and without this support, will be unable to participate in the playtest. Can I please request that if you have no ability to be able to support Pathfinder fully as you have done in the past, can you at least allow some kind of editor to be available for HLO so that I can build this stuff myself. This would help us to not be isolated from the Paizo gaming community.

To make this a little clearer for you, if one of my players now wishes to play one of the playtest characters, I will have to refer them to another character sheet to design their character with, after they have already purchased all of the base packages for HLO Pathfinder which are available.......

Not acceptable Lone Wolf, not acceptable :(

Toblakai November 9th, 2019 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by talsharien (Post 283615)
Not acceptable Lone Wolf, not acceptable :(

I'm ok with it. Paizo is kicking stuff out at an incredible rate right now. Plus new SR, campaign theater. Are you saying PCGen is going to support the playtest, because that is the closest to Herolab.

Farling November 9th, 2019 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by talsharien (Post 283615)
To make this a little clearer for you, if one of my players now wishes to play one of the playtest characters, I will have to refer them to another character sheet to design their character with, after they have already purchased all of the base packages for HLO Pathfinder which are available.......

Or house-rule that playtest classes are not allowed - since sometimes they change quite a bit before publication due to being over/under-powered.

Dami November 9th, 2019 06:58 PM

Or use the play-test rules with a paper character sheet!
It's not fair to say you can't participate in the play-test just because LW hasn't done a free HL package for it.

Farling November 10th, 2019 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dami (Post 283639)
Or use the play-test rules with a paper character sheet!
It's not fair to say you can't participate in the play-test just because LW hasn't done a free HL package for it.

Aren't PF2 and DND5 supposed to be simpler systems so they don't need the power of HL to enforce 20+ different temporary/switchable bonuses across all skills and attacks?

magpi November 10th, 2019 08:50 AM

Just because you all choose not to use the playtest doesn't mean that everyone makes the same choice. Pure and simple, Talsharien was highlighting how the current approach isn't meeting their or their groups' needs. Don't jump on them for that.

Farling November 10th, 2019 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magpi (Post 283644)
Just because you all choose not to use the playtest doesn't mean that everyone makes the same choice. Pure and simple, Talsharien was highlighting how the current approach isn't meeting their or their groups' needs. Don't jump on them for that.

I think Talsharien's choice of words was more aggressive than those who suggested alternative approaches.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:45 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
wolflair.com copyright 1998-2016 Lone Wolf Development, Inc. View our Privacy Policy here.