Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Hero Lab Online Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Hero Lab Online Pathfinder Original (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=61505)

Marediv November 1st, 2018 09:28 AM

Hero Lab Online Pathfinder Original

I own a license and several books for Pathfinder original. Am I able to use those in pathfinder online or just the new playtest?

This may have been addressed before but I did not see it.

Parody November 1st, 2018 11:09 AM

No, you can't use them at present. The only systems in HLO are Starfinder and Pathfinder Playtest.

In the future they may implement other systems, and they have said they'd let you add your existing licenses for a small fee if/when that happens.

Merion November 4th, 2018 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parody (Post 272264)
No, you can't use them at present. The only systems in HLO are Starfinder and Pathfinder Playtest.

In the future they may implement other systems, and they have said they'd let you add your existing licenses for a small fee if/when that happens.

You can add those licenses already (I think the fee is 20$) but you can't use it yet. But as they already are taking our money for the migration, I'd say it's a sure bet PF1 will be implemented at some point in the future.

ShadowChemosh November 5th, 2018 01:24 AM

No one is taking any money or charging anything currently. You can associate your HLC license numbers to your HLO/RW user id. That is all that is currently happening. :)

Merion November 7th, 2018 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 272344)
No one is taking any money or charging anything currently. You can associate your HLC license numbers to your HLO/RW user id. That is all that is currently happening. :)

Really? I thought I had to greenlight something like that when I linked my license, but I might be mistaken. You are way more knowledgeable than me when it comes to HL, so you are probably be right.

Not sure what that implies for PF1 coming to HLO. I still think it will be coming, as it's still LWD's cashcow afaik, but not quite so sure anymore.

Parody November 7th, 2018 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merion (Post 272402)
Really? I thought I had to greenlight something like that when I linked my license, but I might be mistaken.

You had to agree to link them, but there was no money involved.

LazarX November 7th, 2018 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 272344)

Are there any downsides to linking them?

ShadowChemosh November 7th, 2018 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LazarX (Post 272417)
Are there any downsides to linking them?

Nothing that I can tell.. I did it the first day and I see no difference... I think its for a future change where LW will use only accounts for control instead of licenses. That is my guess anyways....

TheMaskedFerret November 8th, 2018 07:13 PM

They have said as much.

Happydevil43 November 14th, 2018 07:34 PM

The sooner HL Original is available online the better for me.

Since my Ipad died, I am forced to use HL Classic at the table on a Surface Pro - which without a mouse is cumbersome and a bit unwieldy (even more so right now while I am nursing a broken arm) - especially if we have a full house I take up a lot of room...

My only other option is to go back to pen and paper *shudders* . As far as I know I don't have another options :-(

I'd even be happy to beta test it!

Happydevil43 December 4th, 2018 12:55 PM

Hi Rone, BJ, Rob, anybody????

Any updates on when you might be looking at doing Pathfinder Original ?

charlieluce December 4th, 2018 06:06 PM

Not from Lone Wolf, but -- I'd think more in terms of "years" than "weeks". Pathfinder 2nd isn't officially released until August, and Hero Lab Online doesn't have any of the GM or customization support that users are accustomed to in Hero Lab Classic. I could be wrong, but my bet is that Lone Wolf will wait until Starfinder and Pathfinder 2nd are supported to at least the same level in HLO that's available to games in HLC before starting to port older systems over.

Happydevil43 December 4th, 2018 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlieluce (Post 273609)
Not from Lone Wolf, but -- I'd think more in terms of "years" than "weeks".

Bugger thats a shame.. As I really liked the idea of shared treasure, access to everybody's character sheet in a campaign for when people can't make it.

At the moment we have people on Ipad's, Windows Tablets and *shudders* paper.

Better update my Christmas Wish List and hope I have been good enough for Santa to pay me a visit

Rone December 5th, 2018 07:34 AM

Hey all, we've been saying that we were shooting for the first quarter of 2019 and nothing's changed since then (other than my waistline measurements - Curse you, delicious winter feastings!).

Happydevil43 December 5th, 2018 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rone (Post 273624)
Hey all, we've been saying that we were shooting for the first quarter of 2019 and nothing's changed since then (other than my waistline measurements - Curse you, delicious winter feastings!).

Well that's progress.... and only a few months away... he he

I'll look forward to it...

cyderak December 23rd, 2018 04:38 PM

An early open beta would be cool.

And then slowly upgrade the finished product as bugs are reported.

Farling December 23rd, 2018 10:38 PM

Quote:

I assume the community pack won't be supported any time soon, so that's a lot of customisation that won't be available in online.

Rone December 27th, 2018 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farling (Post 274312)
I assume the community pack won't be supported any time soon, so that's a lot of customisation that won't be available in online.

We do hope to support the community items, but we don’t have a date on the roadmap for it just yet.

Happydevil43 March 19th, 2019 03:53 PM

Quote:

Any updates?... its nearly the end of 1Q 2019... depending on your definition... in Australia it is... but i respect that may not be the case everywhere... :D

Rone March 20th, 2019 05:14 AM

Ha! Maybe it is a metrication versus Imperial Units confusion...

No, but our internal deadline for PF1 inclusion in Hero Lab Online butted up against the reality of our dev's workload we've had to push our expectations for this back a quarter.

dacoobob March 20th, 2019 09:35 AM

surprisedpikachu.jpg

Ualaa March 24th, 2019 10:28 AM

I'd be all over Pathfinder 1e on Hero Lab online.

But the caveat for our group would be third party products, that have Hero Lab classic content.
We're extensively using Mythic Heroes Handbook, Path of War (and Expanded), Spheres of Might, Spheres of Power, and Ultimate Psionics.

Hopefully anything with Hero Lab files, could in some way find it's way onto the Hero Lab Online platform.

Rone March 27th, 2019 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ualaa (Post 277263)
I'd be all over Pathfinder 1e on Hero Lab online.

But the caveat for our group would be third party products, that have Hero Lab classic content. We're extensively using Mythic Heroes Handbook, Path of War (and Expanded), Spheres of Might, Spheres of Power, and Ultimate Psionics.

Hopefully anything with Hero Lab files, could in some way find it's way onto the Hero Lab Online platform.

Great books to use! We're just working on getting official content online before we focus on 3PP.

cyderak March 30th, 2019 12:30 PM

Any updates as to when this is going to become available for purchase?

Rone March 30th, 2019 12:48 PM

Thanks for asking, cyderak. No updates to share just yet. We hope to have Pathfinder 1 available for Hero Lab Online sometime in the second quarter of 2019.

TheMaskedFerret March 30th, 2019 05:22 PM

lolol

cyderak March 31st, 2019 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rone (Post 277531)
Thanks for asking, cyderak. No updates to share just yet. We hope to have Pathfinder 1 available for Hero Lab Online sometime in the second quarter of 2019.

Cool

Looking forward to it.

:)

brewdus May 18th, 2019 05:21 PM

It's almost the third quarter of 2019. Any updates?

cyderak May 19th, 2019 04:47 PM

Is there any updates?

:)

Rone May 22nd, 2019 05:16 AM

Thanks for checking back.

It turns out, there is a lot of reworking of things that we didn't anticipate due to the sheer complexity (and VOLUME) of PF1. So we've first focused our efforts on getting HLO to parity and surpassing HLC - which are the upcoming campaigns and tactical capabilities in HLO. Once we have that all in place we can begin working on bringing PF1 over.

TheMaskedFerret May 22nd, 2019 05:51 AM

Thanks for the update!

dacoobob May 22nd, 2019 07:23 AM

Rone, thanks for the update. Will Starships come after the tactical console?

thaX May 24th, 2019 09:56 AM

Is Starfinder and PF2 still exclusive to HLO or is there any chance for a HLC version?

Farling May 26th, 2019 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thaX (Post 279116)
Is Starfinder and PF2 still exclusive to HLO or is there any chance for a HLC version?

No chance! HLO is their future platform.

Rone May 27th, 2019 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dacoobob (Post 279038)
Rone, thanks for the update. Will Starships come after the tactical console?

It will indeed!

Rone May 27th, 2019 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thaX (Post 279116)

Starfinder and PF2 are exclusive to HLO at this time.

Ualaa May 27th, 2019 06:23 PM

Will we get Starfinder monster/alien books on Realm Works?

Rone May 30th, 2019 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ualaa (Post 279205)
Will we get Starfinder monster/alien books on Realm Works?

We do hope to have them, but we don’t have an ETA just yet.

Angela2013 June 6th, 2019 05:05 PM

I see that you are able to associate your HLC license with HLO. It says that when you associates your license it is permanent. When you do that are you still going to be able to run HLC?

Parody June 6th, 2019 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angela2013 (Post 279394)
I see that you are able to associate your HLC license with HLO. It says that when you associates your license it is permanent. When you do that are you still going to be able to run HLC?

Yes. It doesn't change your current set of HLC licenses or purchases, just associates them with an HLO/RW account.