Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Add a "template" in Hero Lab & Vampires (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=44650)

LucaGM June 16th, 2013 07:08 AM

Add a "template" in Hero Lab & Vampires

Dear All,

I am new, but 100% satisfied user of Hero Lab. Little by little I completed all the data packages.
I am going to start the CoCT Adventure Path and one of the Hero is an Inquisitor Dhampir. Challenging/be challenged by the Vetala vampire who made her so will be a core narrative path.

Technical problem:

* SPECIFIC: according to Inner Sea Bestiary, p. 54:
"Vetala" is an acquired template that can be added to
any living creature with 5 or more Hit Dice (referred to
hereafter as the base creature). Most vetalas were once
humanoids, fey, or monstrous humanoids.
=> is there a way to do so, i.e. starting from a NPC Hero Lab and then add the Vetala template ?

** MORE GENERAL: when I try to build up a NPC, enemy of the Party, I cannot find anywhere the vampire choices, in other words what is available in Blood of the Night, another Pathfinder product.
Of course, I could use the Bestiary Monster Creation to do it exactly as a vampire, but I would I like to know where I am doing things...in the wrong way!:D

Thank you in advance and have a good Sunday!

Luca

bodrin June 16th, 2013 10:33 AM

Make sure you've configured your hero / npc to use the data sets.
Ctrl+K to bring up the configure hero options, tick the sources you want.
Make a new character, select a race, select a class.

Under the class tab in the search field type vampire or even vetala.
You should see the vampire templates available to select and add to your NPC.

ShadowChemosh June 16th, 2013 11:02 AM

The "Vampire, Vetala" is a template so its found under the "Classes" tab. Before looking for it do as Bodrin says and do "CTRL-K" and make sure the "Inner Sea Bestiary" is checked marked first.

It sounds like your going to be doing the work of inputting an Adventure Path. Before you do so beware that the "Community Bestiary" has all of this done already for you. And for your players they can install the "Community Player Pack".

ValaraukarU June 16th, 2013 11:36 AM

One thing I wanted to point out is the CotCT community bestiary I worked on way back when is a little buggy for some monsters. Sorry. When I did it it was mostly for my own use and I just did minor fixes to send on to the community. Just keep an eye on some of the monsters to make sure they are OK. I know I did make a few adjustments in my personal copies, but never submitted them, like I fixed the Badge of Korvosa item and the Saviors of the City adjustment. Just not really enough time to fix them properly. Anyhow, just warning you some monsters are not 100%.