Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Next round of content in the market? (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=62448)

Grgbobe April 15th, 2019 10:28 PM

Next round of content in the market?
 
Not to be greedy (since we literally just got the Content Market), but is there any guidance on when the next round of content (especially from Paizo) will hit the Market?

There were some things I wanted in the first round, but I think there are some other mega adventures and/or APs I'd like...not to mention some of the Golarion setting books.

Thanks, I am enjoying the content I've purchased so far.

Grg

Farling April 16th, 2019 12:52 AM

I don't think are "rounds" of content to be added any more. They'll just add material as and when it becomes available.

Exmortis April 16th, 2019 04:32 AM

Actually I wish they did have a "Content in the Werks!" page or list somewhere.

It would be really nice to know what is in the pipes ahead of time. No ETA, we know how well LWD meets deadlines, but a simply listing/page that lets us know what is in the oven so to speak.

Maidhc O Casain April 16th, 2019 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exmortis (Post 278086)
Actually I wish they did have a "Content in the Werks!" page or list somewhere.

It would be really nice to know what is in the pipes ahead of time. No ETA, we know how well LWD meets deadlines, but a simply listing/page that lets us know what is in the oven so to speak.

Yes, please.

MNBlockHead April 16th, 2019 09:44 AM

I'm sure LWD more than anyone wants to get more content put up. There is a danger of posting a "coming soon" page, especially if they are also depending on third-party publishers for deadlines. Having such a page is just inviting vitriol if the content takes longer than anticipated. They are better off just giving notices when new content is made available.

Hopefully the ability for creators to submit content directly will be available in the not too distant future.

BJ April 16th, 2019 04:18 PM

Hey all! While I appreciate your excitement and desire to know precisely what the future holds, I'm afraid that I can't give you a set list.

We are a small team and we never know when a bug or some other crisis will put us behind. More importantly, we can't do much to affect the timeline of our publishers so it would be quite difficult to prevent disappointed customers with a release schedule when many factors are outside of our control.

Our hope is to have regular releases as we do with Hero Lab. Currently, we're working on several Kobold books and a few items from Paizo. We hope to have a second release next month.

jlong05 April 16th, 2019 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJ (Post 278147)
Hey all! While I appreciate your excitement and desire to know precisely what the future holds, I'm afraid that I can't give you a set list.

We are a small team and we never know when a bug or some other crisis will put us behind. More importantly, we can't do much to affect the timeline of our publishers so it would be quite difficult to prevent disappointed customers with a release schedule when many factors are outside of our control.

Our hope is to have regular releases as we do with Hero Lab. Currently, we're working on several Kobold books and a few items from Paizo. We hope to have a second release next month.

BJ

Sounds good. I can't speak for everyone else, but I don't need a release schedule as much as would appreciate a list of planned/contracted work being done. This way I know what I 'can' look forward to in the future, regardless of how long away that might be.

kbs666 April 16th, 2019 07:38 PM

In regards to AP's it would be very helpful to have some idea what is coming in the near term. It doesn't have to be some sort of absolute release date just a "we're working on these AP's and this is the order we presently plan for them to be released."

I don't start an AP on short notice and in general it takes 2 or 3 years of sessions to finish so knowing what my options are, even if its 6 months out, would be very helpful.

Ualaa April 16th, 2019 08:53 PM

It would be awesome to know that the next "batch" includes this or these adventure paths or that or those books, even if there wasn't a date attached.

Most of our 1st to 20th campaigns run for 18 to 24 months. Giving the group the chance to pick their favorite, out of options already available (or likely to be available sometime, within a calendar year) would be nice.

Grgbobe April 16th, 2019 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ualaa (Post 278158)
It would be awesome to know that the next "batch" includes this or these adventure paths or that or those books, even if there wasn't a date attached.

Most of our 1st to 20th campaigns run for 18 to 24 months. Giving the group the chance to pick their favorite, out of options already available (or likely to be available sometime, within a calendar year) would be nice.

This, this is why I was asking. It would be nice to plan ahead.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
wolflair.com copyright 1998-2016 Lone Wolf Development, Inc. View our Privacy Policy here.