Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Hero Lab Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Hero Lab 8.6 release (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=60887)

DaveM July 9th, 2018 10:09 AM

Hero Lab 8.6 release

Just wanted to announce the release of Hero Lab 8.6 today. This version expands the data file capability for unique IDs from a maximum of 10 characters to a maximum of 20 characters. Because of this change, several data file formats needed to be adjusted as well, so new data files will also need to be downloaded for each game system you are using.

wulphy July 9th, 2018 11:05 AM

Ever since downloading the new update I am unable to save portfolios. I get the error "unexpected internal error while saving", and I have tried reinstalling to no avail. Is there any way to get the old version back so I can use the software? Being unable to save anything makes it pretty useless.

tkarn July 9th, 2018 11:15 AM

A longer Unique ID? That sounds nice.

tkarn July 9th, 2018 12:20 PM

Will there be problems with my own datasets?

DaveM July 9th, 2018 12:39 PM

Due to some errors in this release, it has been temporarily rolled back. We hope to have an update very soon.

daplunk July 9th, 2018 01:54 PM

Oh we. Asked for this year's ago. This will make things easier.

daplunk July 9th, 2018 02:17 PM

Was getting reports that this broke the 5e Community Pack. Since your tool has such a heavy reliance on our pack to be useful can you please work with us and give us a heads up on any changes that need to be made prior to pushing this out?

ShadowChemosh July 9th, 2018 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daplunk (Post 267816)
Was getting reports that this broke the 5e Community Pack. Since your tool has such a heavy reliance on our pack to be useful can you please work with us and give us a heads up on any changes that need to be made prior to pushing this out?

You have to download a new version of the official 5e data set which may have been pulled at this stage.

The pathfinder community pack is working without issues with v8.6 and I have allot more content than the 5e does. I think the issue is with the official data set not the community stuff specifically.

Update: The errors I get are from the core LW packages not the community stuff...

ShadowChemosh July 9th, 2018 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daplunk (Post 267816)

Got confirmation. If you downloaded 8.6 you need to go to updates and download 8.5c again manually. Let it install and roll you back to 8.5c. Then download 5e v2.6 again and you will be able to load 5e and the community pack.

I just rolled back to 8.5c and 5e v2.6 and it now loads without issues. :)

TobyFox2002 July 9th, 2018 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wulphy (Post 267808)
Ever since downloading the new update I am unable to save portfolios. I get the error "unexpected internal error while saving", and I have tried reinstalling to no avail. Is there any way to get the old version back so I can use the software? Being unable to save anything makes it pretty useless.

I can confirm that I am also getting this error.