Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Hero Lab Integration Not Working (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=63065)

Raistlindantilus August 18th, 2019 09:37 AM

Hero Lab Integration Not Working

I cannot open hero lab portfolios saved in Realm Works snippets. I can view the statblock in realm works but my option to "View Externally" is grayed out.

If Hero Lab is open, and only if its already open, I have an additional option "Open Within Hero Lab - <portfolio name>" but if I click that it says "failed to integrate the external object."

This a new PC with a fresh and fully updated Realm Works, Hero Lab, and Windows 10 1903.

Is anyone else seeing this problem or know what I can do? I really need to fix this.

Farling August 18th, 2019 02:01 PM

An e-mail to support is usually the best way to fix such problems.

Have you previously been able to open portfolios? (Maybe on some previous PC?)

It is working fine on my system, although it is opening the 32-bit version of HeroLab.

If you only have the 64-bit beta installed that could be the problem - mind you, I just tried this and I don't see the "open within hero lab" option if the 64-bit version of Hero Lab is running.

Raistlindantilus August 18th, 2019 02:16 PM

I've been waiting on support for a long time on this. They seem stumped.

It was working fine from another PC but I haven't used that PC in a long time. This is a fresh install as indicated in OP.

Raistlindantilus August 18th, 2019 02:17 PM

I'll check the 64-bit beta thing though to my knowledge I just installed the standard hero lab I always do.

Raistlindantilus August 18th, 2019 03:06 PM

No go with the the 64-bit beta thing it would seem, thanks for the suggestion though.

kbs666 August 18th, 2019 05:17 PM

What I'd try is uninstalling and reinstalling HL. It sounds like HL isn't properly registered in the registry and therefore RW can't find it.

Have you tried opening a saved portfolio by opening the portfolio directly from Windows explorer rather than from inside HL? If you can't do that either its definitely a problem with the HL install.

Lj Stephens August 18th, 2019 06:42 PM

@Raistlin - I've got a question in about this. I'll see what I can find out for you. Thanks!

Raistlindantilus August 19th, 2019 05:24 AM

@LJ Stephens
Thanks I really appreciate it.

@kbs666
Thanks for the suggestion. I just tried and I can open portfolios normally from Windows Explorer. I have not tried uninstall/reinstall yet but I may. For now I am going to hold tight and see what LJ digs up.

Raistlindantilus August 19th, 2019 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lj Stephens (Post 281359)
@Raistlin - I've got a question in about this. I'll see what I can find out for you. Thanks!

If it helps: Case 231854

This is an older case where the issue appeared briefly but nothing was done to fix it as I recall it just went away.

I replied recently and re-opened the case.

kbs666 August 19th, 2019 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raistlindantilus (Post 281367)
@LJ Stephens
Thanks I really appreciate it.

@kbs666
Thanks for the suggestion. I just tried and I can open portfolios normally from Windows Explorer. I have not tried uninstall/reinstall yet but I may. For now I am going to hold tight and see what LJ digs up.

TBH that you can open HL by opening a .por file pretty much rules out what I thought might be the problem. The problem is most likely on the RW side somehow.