Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed. (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Skaven and Wood Elf issues (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=10031)

teachwolfie March 27th, 2010 03:17 PM

Skaven and Wood Elf issues

Haven't played with the wood elves on AB for any length of time but instantly noticed eternal guard should be core not special. Gonna be looking at a tourny list soon so may find more.

Playing with a moulder themed list for Skaven: when you create a unit of 4 rat ogres with 2 packmasters, then upgrade to a master moulder and master-bred Rat ogre the second packmaster disapears and cannot be reinstated. This also happens with larger units :confused:

Wolfie

hondor March 27th, 2010 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teachwolfie (Post 37207)
Haven't played with the wood elves on AB for any length of time but instantly noticed eternal guard should be core not special. Gonna be looking at a tourny list soon so may find more.

Playing with a moulder themed list for Skaven: when you create a unit of 4 rat ogres with 2 packmasters, then upgrade to a master moulder and master-bred Rat ogre the second packmaster disapears and cannot be reinstated. This also happens with larger units :confused:

Wolfie

Master moulder replaces a pack master so if you have a unit of 4 rat ogres and 2 pack masters and purchase a master moulder upgrade it should go down to 1 pack master and 1 master molder (page 104: in Rat Ogre)

Rat ogres are coming up properly in AB now

teachwolfie March 31st, 2010 12:47 PM

Maybe I wasn't clear enough

Quote:

Originally Posted by hondor (Post 37214)
Master moulder replaces a pack master so if you have a unit of 4 rat ogres and 2 pack masters and purchase a master moulder upgrade it should go down to 1 pack master and 1 master molder (page 104: in Rat Ogre)

Rat ogres are coming up properly in AB now

I know there is a max number of packmasters and that they are replaced with master moulders when you select them (this works fine in AB), However, if you then add a "Master Bred" Rat Ogre as well: AB reduces the number of packmasters to zero and doesn't allow you to alter the number.

Try it:
Add 4 Rat Ogres
Increase packmasters to 2
Select "master moulder"
Select "master bred ogre"
Now check out the number of packmasters and try to increase it :rolleyes:

If you increase the unit to 6 Rat Ogres you can now add one packmaster, I assume this means that the Master Bred ogres have a link to the packmasters that they shouldn't have.

Durzod March 31st, 2010 02:58 PM

Dear teachwolfie,
Unless I'm mistaken, Eternal Guard only become core when you have a Highborn as the General. Just checked AB and this is what happens.

teachwolfie April 1st, 2010 01:08 AM

I'm a Numpty

Doh, I consider myself quite good at spotting those little rules, I'd completely missed this one, luckily I don't play them too often :D.

Given that they are going to be Special more often than not I'm surprised they don't figure in the "special" part of the rule book :eek:.

robert May 7th, 2010 03:50 PM

thx for helping guys, i will fix teh skaven thing :~)