Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Pathfinder Community Packs (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=51966)

ShadowChemosh May 7th, 2015 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quintain (Post 208547)
You were able to verify it (the bug)?

Without the user file or something I can't verify anything. I can "guess" and my guess is that you used Aegis as the tag GROUP instead of the Tag. But its a guess only.

If you want to email me or post the user file I can look at it. But debugging stuff without access to the file is just guess work.

Feel free to email me at my forum user id at yahoo dot com.

CARTMAG May 8th, 2015 09:59 AM

not sure if someone asked this, but i was wondering are you planning on doing the new Psionics Augmented for Herolab? Mythic Psionics.. because I am currently in a campaign using the Mythic rules, and since there is no Mythic Psionics in Herolab I am very Limited in what i can take.... since my DM is willing to only go so far with the program..

Silbeg May 10th, 2015 03:12 PM

Ioun Stone (Ocher Rhomboid)

I do not see (in the basic pathfinder pack) the prestige award to unlock this. Was it missed? The stone itself refers to the vanity

ShadowChemosh May 10th, 2015 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CARTMAG (Post 208596)
not sure if someone asked this, but i was wondering are you planning on doing the new Psionics Augmented for Herolab? Mythic Psionics.. because I am currently in a campaign using the Mythic rules, and since there is no Mythic Psionics in Herolab I am very Limited in what i can take.... since my DM is willing to only go so far with the program..

The goal is to yes add the Mythic Psionics. But I have no timeline for when it will be done as we still do not have 100% of Ultimate Psionics added yet. So it maybe awhile still. Plus we may do the Psionic Bestiary next as that would be very useful to those running Psionic campaigns.

ShadowChemosh May 10th, 2015 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silbeg (Post 208661)
I do not see (in the basic pathfinder pack) the prestige award to unlock this. Was it missed? The stone itself refers to the vanity

I think you forgot some words? What exactly are you referencing?

Please note if you add the info in the "title" part of the post no one but you can see it. :(

Anderlorn May 10th, 2015 09:07 PM

Hello,

I am new here and to Hero Lab - Pathfinder but not new to DnD or Pathfinder. First of all, thank you for your hard work and dedication to the community. I was curious what the timeline is to add Ranger Pack Leader, Psychic Mage (Wizard), and Dark Tempest? In the mean time, I am going to see if I can figure out the editor to maybe help in the future?

Thank you,

Anderlorn

rwglaub May 12th, 2015 05:10 PM

After downloading the latest updates from HL today I can no longer check the User Content box. It is grayed out. The source URL is the one I have been using all along and which worked before.

ShadowChemosh May 12th, 2015 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwglaub (Post 208758)
After downloading the latest updates from HL today I can no longer check the User Content box. It is grayed out. The source URL is the one I have been using all along and which worked before.

I am assuming you mean you can't see anything under "User Content" in the "Configure Your Hero" window? If so I am also going to assume that you got an error message when Pathfinder loaded which caused HL to go into safe mode.

So restart Pathfinder and when you see the Error Message "right" click and COPY and then PASTE the error into this thread. :)

ShadowChemosh May 12th, 2015 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anderlorn (Post 208680)
Hello,

I am new here and to Hero Lab - Pathfinder but not new to DnD or Pathfinder. First of all, thank you for your hard work and dedication to the community. I was curious what the timeline is to add Ranger Pack Leader, Psychic Mage (Wizard), and Dark Tempest? In the mean time, I am going to see if I can figure out the editor to maybe help in the future?

Thank you,

Anderlorn

So I had to look those up on d20pfsrd as I don't have every 3PP book memorized. :)

Ranger Pack Leader - Not currently on the radar at all. Have not added much by that company yet.

Psychic Mage (Wizard)
- Maybe my search-fu sucks But I can't find this class. :( Ok my bad found it in Ultimate Psionics. So same as Dark Tempest. Its in the list but I can't give an exact date. But it will get done at some point.

Dark Tempest
- This is from Ultimate Psionics and is on the radar for "soon". Of course soon means any day to many months. So it will get added but I can't give a specific time line yet.

Quintain May 12th, 2015 05:48 PM

Psychic Mage is a wizard archetype

ShadowChemosh May 12th, 2015 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quintain (Post 208761)
Psychic Mage is a wizard archetype

Ahh yeah found in it UP. Thanks!

rwglaub May 12th, 2015 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 208759)
I am assuming you mean you can't see anything under "User Content" in the "Configure Your Hero" window? If so I am also going to assume that you got an error message when Pathfinder loaded which caused HL to go into safe mode.

So restart Pathfinder and when you see the Error Message "right" click and COPY and then PASTE the error into this thread. :)

This is the only error message I got:

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

File: COM_GMPack_AP085 - Fires of Creation.user (line 104) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('pAP85KasaS')
File: COM_GMPack_AP_Bestiary - AP15 Iron Gods.user (line 2896) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('rYahThelga')

ShadowChemosh May 12th, 2015 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwglaub (Post 208765)

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

File: COM_GMPack_AP085 - Fires of Creation.user (line 104) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('pAP85KasaS')
File: COM_GMPack_AP_Bestiary - AP15 Iron Gods.user (line 2896) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('rYahThelga')

That is a strange one. Try downloading and installing rh GM or GM Mythic Pack again. Which ever one you have installed.

frumple May 13th, 2015 04:49 AM

That one is probably on me (sorry...). It is more likely due to the official Iron Gods files sharing ID names with some of the stuff in the Iron Gods community files.

Quintain May 13th, 2015 06:11 AM

Shadow,

Do you know how to implement the script to implement the CSCountAs tag for the Aegis secondary class given that I'm using the same configurable as the aegis.

I can send you my .user if you need.

ShadowChemosh May 13th, 2015 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frumple (Post 208781)
That one is probably on me (sorry...). It is more likely due to the official Iron Gods files sharing ID names with some of the stuff in the Iron Gods community files.

I should have all the licenses and I couldn't duplicate that issue. Unless I somehow don't have that license but it let me download the Encounter Library so I should. And I had no clashes.

ShadowChemosh May 13th, 2015 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quintain (Post 208786)
Shadow,

Do you know how to implement the script to implement the CSCountAs tag for the Aegis secondary class given that I'm using the same configurable as the aegis.

I can send you my .user if you need.

Maybe? From the original release notes setting these Count tags are things you can do from inside the editor on the Classes/Archetype tabs. If this is for a Secondary Class I assume it also those sections.

To be truthful I have not had time yet to really dig into these new tags really. Can you bump back that thread you had with Aaron and see what he says?

ShadowChemosh May 13th, 2015 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwglaub (Post 208765)

This does appear to be a clash of Unique ID's between the official Iron Gods and Community files. I will need to put out a fix for that tonight.

rwglaub May 13th, 2015 04:43 PM

I re-downloaded the packs last night and got the same result. At least caught it before the weekend session.

ShadowChemosh May 13th, 2015 08:02 PM

The following Packs have been updated.v3.7 May 13, 2015

Bug Fixes
  • Bug Fix (ShadowChemosh) - Duplicate record encountered ('pAP85KasaS') and ('rYahThelga').
New Features
  • none
Data File Authoring
  • none

rwglaub May 13th, 2015 08:17 PM

Downloaded, imported and working just fine. Thanks!

Anderlorn May 14th, 2015 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 208760)
So I had to look those up on d20pfsrd as I don't have every 3PP book memorized. :)

Ranger Pack Leader - Not currently on the radar at all. Have not added much by that company yet.

Psychic Mage (Wizard)
- Maybe my search-fu sucks But I can't find this class. :( Ok my bad found it in Ultimate Psionics. So same as Dark Tempest. Its in the list but I can't give an exact date. But it will get done at some point.

Dark Tempest
- This is from Ultimate Psionics and is on the radar for "soon". Of course soon means any day to many months. So it will get added but I can't give a specific time line yet.

Thank you ShadowChemosh for taking your valuable time in answering my questions,

All of the (3) above appear in Ultimate Psionics, Ranger Pack Leader is on pages 293 and 294. And just for reference, Psychic Mage is on pages 295 and 296. Dark Tempest appears on pages 355 - 357.

I looked at the editor to see if maybe I could do it, but I am not sure about where I would add Ranger Pack Leader and Psychic Mage since both are really Archetypes of their classes. I see where you can add a class but not an archetype.

Thank you!

EDIT: I just saw the Video Tutorial link in your signature, I'll look at the videos and give it another go.

Quintain May 14th, 2015 09:58 AM

Creating a archetype is on the same tab in the editor as creating a class. The far left bottom row.

ShadowChemosh May 14th, 2015 11:21 AM

Yep as Quintain says about the Archetype tab. I would recommend starting with inputting the new Archetype class abilities on the "Class->Class Special" tab in the editor. Don't worry about scripting. Just get it in as text.

Then on the "Class->Archetype" tab you can tell it what base class, what Class Abilities are being added and can assign your new Class Specials.

That would get you good exposure to the Editor. Then after that is all working then worry about scripting each Class Special to actually work.

Anderlorn May 14th, 2015 07:23 PM

Ok, I started creating the Ranger Pack Leader Archetype.

ShadowChemosh May 16th, 2015 09:17 AM

A new feature of Hero Lab v7.0 was the ability to have "Encounters Library's" setup for AP and Modules. The community is making use of these so in example the WotW AP and Curse of the Crimson Thrown that use to be downloaded from d20pfsrd is now found inside of HL. Assuming you have setup the Community Servers.

Start HL and in the bottom right corner click on "Find Updates". Then in the list look for "PF Encounters: XXXXXX". Download and let it install. Then you can go to "Gamemaster->Show Encounter Library" to make use of it.

I have also started to change over some of the Modules so in example "Tears at Bitter Manor" is on d20pfsrd for download. When you unzip it you will find a single .hl file inside. Double click it and let it install the Encounter Library.

This is nice new feature that we are taking advantage off. But once converted to these new files the AP's are too big to be stored on d20pfsrd. So I will be setting them up as downloads from inside of HL. On the good side this also means when they get updated you will be prompted to download/install again. :)

rwglaub May 17th, 2015 04:52 AM

I am finding out that I have a problem with creating custom magic items using your packs. A while ago I created a Ring of Sustenance that did not take up an equipment slot. It is no longer slotless and I find that I now cannot create one. As a matter of fact I can no longer create rings at all unless I go through the very cumbersome editor.

Quintain May 19th, 2015 08:16 PM

After creating a new development environment to work with sourcetree, I pulled a new file set down and am now getting the following errors:

File: COM_3PPPack_C7E - Tome of Secrets Classes.user (line 401) - Thing 'cHelpPst' (dynamic tag) - Group 'PackHelper' not defined
File: COM_3PPPack_C7E - Tome of Secrets Classes.user (line 594) - Thing 'cHelpSwa' (dynamic tag) - Group 'PackHelper' not defined
File: COM_3PPPack_C7E - Tome of Secrets Classes.user (line 711) - Thing 'cHelpWaL' (dynamic tag) - Group 'PackHelper' not defined
File: COM_3PPPack_C7E - Tome of Secrets Classes.user (line 915) - Thing 'cHelpKnt' (dynamic tag) - Group 'PackHelper' not defined

As these aren't my files, I don't want to accidentally modify files that might break someone else' product.

Can anyone assist in what I need to do here?

psych777 May 19th, 2015 11:05 PM

the folder you are sourcing your files for sourcetree, you said you pulled a new file set down. what file set are you referring to?
i'm guessing you pulled down the 3pp pack. if it is what i think, in order for it to work, you need to copy in the basic pack files to that folder as well. shadow has a post in the user projects forum i think that describes it

ShadowChemosh May 20th, 2015 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quintain (Post 209233)
After creating a new development environment to work with sourcetree, I pulled a new file set down and am now getting the following errors:

File: COM_3PPPack_C7E - Tome of Secrets Classes.user (line 401) - Thing 'cHelpPst' (dynamic tag) - Group 'PackHelper' not defined
File: COM_3PPPack_C7E - Tome of Secrets Classes.user (line 594) - Thing 'cHelpSwa' (dynamic tag) - Group 'PackHelper' not defined
File: COM_3PPPack_C7E - Tome of Secrets Classes.user (line 711) - Thing 'cHelpWaL' (dynamic tag) - Group 'PackHelper' not defined
File: COM_3PPPack_C7E - Tome of Secrets Classes.user (line 915) - Thing 'cHelpKnt' (dynamic tag) - Group 'PackHelper' not defined

As these aren't my files, I don't want to accidentally modify files that might break someone else' product.

Can anyone assist in what I need to do here?

Pretty much as psych777 says. Everything is "built" upon the Basic Pack but we don't store the Basic Pack inside each Pack on GitHub. So you have to also setup a link to the Basic Pack and pull down its files. Then manually copy the "COM_" files from the Basic Pack to the 3PP Pack on your computer.

See THIS post should help. If you have any issues feel free to post in THIS thread instead as that is where we are keeping the talk for GitHub and stuff.

ShadowChemosh May 20th, 2015 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwglaub (Post 209039)
I am finding out that I have a problem with creating custom magic items using your packs. A while ago I created a Ring of Sustenance that did not take up an equipment slot. It is no longer slotless and I find that I now cannot create one. As a matter of fact I can no longer create rings at all unless I go through the very cumbersome editor.

Um I don't know of anyway of creating a Ring except in the editor. So not sure how to help you on that.

If you have the "Basic Pack" installed that adds a "Slotless" item slot for magic items. You do have one of the Packs installed and running without errors?

rwglaub May 21st, 2015 04:37 PM

I have all of your packs installed and I do not see anything that adds a slotless item slot for magic items. Where am I supposed to find it? When I select a magic item no such option appears.

AndrewD2 May 21st, 2015 04:50 PM

Slotless items can just be made as wonderous items (if you want a slotless ring copy the code to a wondrous item and don't give it a slot).

rwglaub May 21st, 2015 05:44 PM

Copy the code? How the heck do I do that?

ShadowChemosh May 21st, 2015 06:22 PM

I am going to go on a crazy assumption. Are you talking about the "- Custom Magic Item -" I added a bit back to the "Basic Pack"? This allows you add a magic item where you can fill in the Name, gp, and weight on the "Magic" Tab? If so if its gone make sure you have 'ShadowChemosh Equipment' turned on.

ShadowChemosh May 22nd, 2015 12:42 PM

New Pack!

A new community pack is now available for everyone. Pathfinder Unchained Pack brings unchained options to additional classes. Do you want your Bloodrager to use the new Unchained Rage mechanics? Do you want to use Zen Archer archetype with your Unchained Monk? Do you want to Unchain your Ninja? Well then this pack is for you. It contains new archetypes that allows you to apply Unchained features to other parts of Pathfinder. :D

Other than the new Unchained Rage domain you will find these new class options setup as "Archetypes". So add the Bloodrager class and then you can pick one of the two new Unchained archetypes.

Please note this Pack requires you have the following official licenses: Advanced Players Guide, Advanced Class Guide, Ultimate Combat, Ultimate Magic and Pathfinder Unchained.

rwglaub May 23rd, 2015 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 209391)
I am going to go on a crazy assumption. Are you talking about the "- Custom Magic Item -" I added a bit back to the "Basic Pack"? This allows you add a magic item where you can fill in the Name, gp, and weight on the "Magic" Tab? If so if its gone make sure you have 'ShadowChemosh Equipment' turned on.

I found the problem and it's fixed. Thanks!

Kaleb May 23rd, 2015 03:09 PM

Shadow Chemosh, how do you make a geastalt charcter? I have your update installed but do not see the check box to turn it on.

ShadowChemosh May 24th, 2015 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaleb (Post 209505)
Shadow Chemosh, how do you make a geastalt character? I have your update installed but do not see the check box to turn it on.

First POST in the Gestalt thread has instructions. See if those help.

The check box currently is "User Content->Gestalt v0.6->Gestalt Variant" in the "Configure Your Hero" window.

LazarX May 27th, 2015 01:09 PM

What does the Moonscar tab enable? i did so, and I'm not finding enconters or NPC's for it.

My spouse is going to be running the module at Origins and I'm preparing Herolab files for him. I did not find an encounters file for it at D20pfsrd. Assuming there is none, would you like a copy of the work I'm doing to add to the collection?