Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Oracle Mysteries (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=21473)

Sea-of-Stars June 1st, 2012 10:03 AM

Oracle Mysteries

I want to add a new Oracle Mystery, which I have, but it is not showing up in the main PF window, even after being saved. Nor is its final revelation showing up in the menu to be added to the class.

What settings am I missing here?

Edit: OK, I managed to get this working, though I am not exactly sure how. Now my problem is tying new revelations (and the final revelation) to the class.

Any help is welcome. Thanks.

chiefweasel June 4th, 2012 08:57 AM

Any chance you can post what you have, maybe attached the .por file and folks could take a look at it.

Aaron June 4th, 2012 10:22 AM

Likely the reason your new Mystery didn't show is because it hadn't been reloaded into the active program. You can do this by reloading the game system, or by selecting the thing you made in the editor and hitting the "Test now" button in the upper left.

The Final Revelation is a class special that you will have to bootstrap to your new Mystery. The new Revelations are marked by having a certain Custom tag. You'll have to make your own Custom tag by clicking the "User Tags" button near the bottom of your mystery in the editor, and it has to match the template of "Custom.MystXXXX". Then you have to go through your new revelations and mark them with the same Custom tag you just made.

So for example, say I created a new mystery, called the "Mystery of Nougut" (because seriously, what is that? What am I eating inside the snickers bar?), and 2 revelations called "Creamy" and "Crunchy", and the "Final Revelation of Nougut" class ability (which lets you touch an enemy and cause them to lose any bite attacks they might have, because they're too busy chewing).

In the editor I'd select the Mystery of Nougut, and then select the Bootstrap button in the upper right, and enter the unique ID for "Final Revelation of Nougut", along with a ClSpecWhen tag saying it should be added at 20th level. Then I would scroll down, hit the User Tags button, pick "New Tag" at the top, and in the popup enter "MystNougut" for the tag Unique ID and "Mystery of Nougut" for the tag name.

Next I'd reload the system by hitting "Test Now" for the "Mystery of Nougut", so the system should recognize the Custom.MystNougut tag now exists. Finally I would go to the "Crunchy" and "Creamy" revelations and hit the User Tags button, and pick the Custom Tag I just made for both of them, and hit Test Now for both as well.

Test it out and see if you have any further problems.

Sea-of-Stars June 6th, 2012 01:35 PM

The mystery is working just fine, bonus spells and skills showing up just perfectly. No problems at all.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron (Post 84294)
Then you have to go through your new revelations and mark them with the same Custom tag you just made.

In the editor I'd select the Mystery of Nougut, and then select the Bootstrap button in the upper right, and enter the unique ID for "Final Revelation of Nougut", along with a ClSpecWhen tag saying it should be added at 20th level. Then I would scroll down, hit the User Tags button, pick "New Tag" at the top, and in the popup enter "MystNougut" for the tag Unique ID and "Mystery of Nougut" for the tag name.

Next I'd reload the system by hitting "Test Now" for the "Mystery of Nougut", so the system should recognize the Custom.MystNougut tag now exists. Finally I would go to the "Crunchy" and "Creamy" revelations and hit the User Tags button, and pick the Custom Tag I just made for both of them, and hit Test Now for both as well.

Followed the instruction for the FinalRev, but no idea if that is working or not.

What is not working is Revelations, did what you said, time and time again. But I keep getting the "Nothing to Choose From!" message within the actual HeroLab character creator.

Aaron June 6th, 2012 04:00 PM

Go ahead and send me a copy of your user file so I can take a look then. Address is my name on the forums, the "at" symbol, then wolflair.com.

Aaron June 7th, 2012 04:15 PM

Alright Sea of Stars, I took a look and figured out what the issue is. In addition to the above requirements, your revelations must have the "SpecSource.cHelpOra" tag. Add that, and they will show up fine.

Sea-of-Stars June 8th, 2012 06:55 AM

But the Revelations have that tag, they had that tag (2 of the 3 in any case) in the file I sent to you and no, they are not showing up even with it.

Aaron June 8th, 2012 09:50 AM

Looks like each of the 3 revelations you sent me isn't showing for a different reason. My apologies for stopping after I solved the first and assuming the rest had the same problem.

I just reloaded the file you sent me so it'd be fresh and unchanged. Created a 1st level oracle and then added the Mystery of the Angel of War, tried to add a revelation and got nothing to choose from.

Then I opened your file in the editor, selected the "Battlefield Clarity" revelation and added the SpecSource.cHelpOra tag to it. Then I hit "Test Now!" for that, so my changes would be acknowledged. Next I switched over to the program, and again clicked on the revelations, and now I see Battlefield Clarity is available for selection.

"At the Chosen's Side" isn't currently showing, which at first puzzled me because it has the SpecSource tag and the correct Custom tag (though it also has an extra Custom tag OraAoW whose function isn't clear to me). However, you have given it a source for the SoS. When I went to Configure hero and enabled that source, the revelation showed up fine.

Combat Healer still wasn't showing up, even though it has the SpecSource tag, and the source is enabled. Upon looking at the Custom tags though, it only has the OraAoW tag. Once I add the Custom.MystAoW tag to it, and then hit Test Now! so the changes are recognized, I can choose it.

So keep in mind the revelation needs to have the Custom.Myst? tag, the SpecSource.cHelpOra tag, and if it has a source that must be enabled in the Configure Hero window. Also, remember that just changing something in the editor won't immediately cause a change in HL. I suspect you added the SpecSource tag to Battlefield Clarity but then didn't hit Test Now or reload the system before checking if it works.

Does that resolve the issue for you?