Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - d20 System (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Wild Shape Adjustments (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=62327)

cshadow133 March 25th, 2019 12:37 PM

Wild Shape Adjustments
 
Hello All,

I made a class of DruidWD; this was a copy of the Druid class with the added benefit of Domains from the cleric list (just one instead of selecting two).

Well, the character is now level 5 and for some reason isn't being offered the Wild Shape ability. The normal Druid gets it but not the one I created. I am using the Wild Shape Adjustments in the configurator (i like the way that it does each thing), but can't seem to find that it targets Druid class.

Wondering what might be missing on my end for something like this?

Shadow

Sendric March 25th, 2019 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cshadow133 (Post 277303)
Hello All,

I made a class of DruidWD; this was a copy of the Druid class with the added benefit of Domains from the cleric list (just one instead of selecting two).

Well, the character is now level 5 and for some reason isn't being offered the Wild Shape ability. The normal Druid gets it but not the one I created. I am using the Wild Shape Adjustments in the configurator (i like the way that it does each thing), but can't seem to find that it targets Druid class.

Wondering what might be missing on my end for something like this?

Shadow

Can't say without seeing the class in action. Can you provide the user file?

cshadow133 March 26th, 2019 08:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Sendric,

Here is the user file!

Shadow

Sendric March 26th, 2019 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cshadow133 (Post 277343)
Sendric,

Here is the user file!

Shadow

Thanks. So the problem here is that everything that is bootstrapped to your new class is assigned to the original Druid class. Therefore, they won't show up. You *could* re-create all of the class specials with the new tag and corrected scripting. Or you *could* use extend thingid to apply the required tag to the existing specials. Either solution pales in comparison to the best solution which is to create a Druid Class Variant that adds this new Domain special. This will give you the new ability without causing any issues with the rest of the specials or any scripts or any other feats/abilities/whatever that are looking for Druid levels or abilities.

cshadow133 March 26th, 2019 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 277348)
Either solution pales in comparison to the best solution which is to create a Druid Class Variant that adds this new Domain special. This will give you the new ability without causing any issues with the rest of the specials or any scripts or any other feats/abilities/whatever that are looking for Druid levels or abilities.

This is what I was trying to do when I copied the Druid class to the new one. How do you set up a variant to make this all simpler?

Sendric March 27th, 2019 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cshadow133 (Post 277353)
This is what I was trying to do when I copied the Druid class to the new one. How do you set up a variant to make this all simpler?

There's a Class Variant tab in the editor. You'll want to use that. It should be pretty straight forward to create but if you get stuck let us know. Once you've created it, make sure to activate Variant Classes in the portfolio configuration window.

cshadow133 March 29th, 2019 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 277401)
There's a Class Variant tab in the editor. You'll want to use that. It should be pretty straight forward to create but if you get stuck let us know. Once you've created it, make sure to activate Variant Classes in the portfolio configuration window.

Letting you know. It may be straight forward for you guys, but to me... not so much. I created Class Variant 'Druid Domain'.

Class to Modify - Druid
Variant Class Level - (blank)
Add or Replace the Class' name - Append (so I can see it on the list)
Modified Custom Ability Count - Row 0 = 1
Allow Additional Class Abilities - Cleric
Additional Class Special Abilities - I selected Domain Access that was from the Sorc variant, but it isn't doing anything.

I don't see it in the list of classes when leveling up the character (Variant classes are selected in the Configure Hero).

help? :)

Shadow

Sendric March 29th, 2019 04:32 PM

Attach what you have so far and I'll take a look.

Kendall-DM March 30th, 2019 05:01 PM

BTW, I've made a Druid class variant that allows for choice of a cleric domain. I added Druid variant with Class to Modify: Druid, just as you did.

I also set the custom ability count to 1 and selected additional abilities of cleric, just as you did. Unlike you, I set these programmatically rather than through the interface (because this is what I had to do to get my homebrew version to work).

There is an issue with Cleric/Druid multi-classes, so I had to write a script to handle that special case, but otherwise that's the only other thing I did for the Variant in the editor. This is a house rule in my game that doesn't allow a druid/cleric to use the same domain (and double up on the spells).

So, now that you have selected the Use Variant Classes from the Configure Hero menu, did you also select that class (your new Druid) on the Variant tab that shows up on your hero? If you don't select the Druid on the Variant tab of the hero, you will still be using the old version of the Druid.

cshadow133 April 1st, 2019 12:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh, I see what I was doing incorrectly. Thank you Kendall for mentioning the Variant tab. I was looking for a list of variant classes, not choosing the class and then the variant. I see what I did and what I had set actually worked, it gave me a custom ability on my spells list and allowed me to pick my domain.

Just not able to choose the spells because I don't have the space to put 'domain spells' like I was able to when creating the class. So if you were able to do this with the programming, how so? Here is what I currently have. I will tweak the names later.

Shadow


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
wolflair.com copyright 1998-2016 Lone Wolf Development, Inc. View our Privacy Policy here.