Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Pathfinder Community Packs (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=51966)

charlieluce March 15th, 2017 01:28 PM

Well, there's a reason it's called a "Community" Pack, after all. Locally our games don't normally use third-party material, but when we played an Eberron-based game and were using Psionics we discovered that there was material that some of the players wanted to use that hadn't been implemented, so we got to work and did so, and submitted what we did to Shadow for inclusion in the Community Pack.

(Admittedly, we haven't submitted much for Pathfinder lately, but that's because we're now involved in D&D 4e for our non-Pathfinder game and we've spent the last year fixing bugs in those files. ;) )

ShadowChemosh March 15th, 2017 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlieluce (Post 246197)
Well, there's a reason it's called a "Community" Pack, after all.

LOL yeah... Oh and look Community does have an "I" in it. As in its pretty much me, myself and I. :p :D

I should take that back because Quintain has as of last week added "new" stuff to the Pack. So it is more than just me. :)

But it is allot more lonely than it use to be.

TheIronGolem March 15th, 2017 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ualaa (Post 246140)
I've got a player, who every week wants to know if this archetype or that prestige class (all from PoW: Expanded, now that PoW is basically all in the Community Package) has been added or is available.
Anything related to PoW:Expanded is appreciated.

Man, I wish I still had time to do Path of War stuff. It's more or less what got me into HL editing in the first place, all because I wanted to see what my favorite character would look like as a Stalker.

Quintain March 15th, 2017 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 246198)
LOL yeah... Oh and look Community does have an "I" in it. As in its pretty much me, myself and I. :p :D

I should take that back because Quintain has as of last week added "new" stuff to the Pack. So it is more than just me. :)

But it is allot more lonely than it use to be.

I wish I could do more. I code and do application support for a living, and I do a lot of googling to put things together -- but not having hardly *any* documentation to learn the language makes it very difficult. So, I can put in basic stubs of things, but making them interact with the rest of the character data is where I start to get lost.

chaoscowboy March 16th, 2017 07:45 PM

Did the new update break the community pack for anyone else?

Quote:

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

File: COM_GMPack_FGG_TomeOfHorrors - Equipment.user (line 213) - Thing - Duplicate record encounters ('wuNeedle').
It then boots and disables ALL user content.

charlieluce March 16th, 2017 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaoscowboy (Post 246313)

It's definitely not just you. Look for the many threads talking about the Frog God Games file fiasco.

It's not, however, related to the Community Pack. (EDIT: per se.)

ShadowChemosh March 16th, 2017 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaoscowboy (Post 246313)

Not that I have seen but I did just notice I am missing some official packages. I will have to pick those up and make sure.

chaoscowboy March 16th, 2017 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlieluce (Post 246314)
It's definitely not just you. Look for the many threads talking about the Frog God Games file fiasco.

It's not, however, related to the Community Pack. (EDIT: per se.)

I assumed the files came from the pack. I tried deleting them and the whole thing pooped out so I redownloaded everything to be sure. It's a bit frustrating. I bought hero lab so I could modify the iron gods monsters and npcs to add in some psionic bits. Can't do that without the user packs working.

ShadowChemosh March 17th, 2017 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaoscowboy (Post 246317)
I assumed the files came from the pack.

The "COM_" in front of the file does mean it came from the community Pack.

Quote:

I tried deleting them and the whole thing pooped out so I redownloaded everything to be sure.

You can't delete a single file out of the Pack without causing LOTS of other issues. You could open the editor and delete that single "Thing" maybe.

Quote:

It's a bit frustrating. I bought hero lab so I could modify the iron gods monsters and npcs to add in some psionic bits. Can't do that without the user packs working.

Sorry! :(

I am looking into this to figure out what is causing this and how to fix. That Unique ID is not standard and should not be in use by LW stuff. Meaning it never should have hit this issue.

chaoscowboy March 17th, 2017 09:33 AM

Thanks. I'll see about doing what you mentioned. I haven't rooted around the file structure for months.