Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Mutants & Masterminds (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   yeah our own slice of the forums! (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=6694)

Giddoen February 8th, 2007 09:28 AM

yeah our own slice of the forums!

Ok lets kick this off what will you all be using HL for! I know it will make charaters but i plan on using it to help me with the campaign and setting as well. Since I use my laptop at the game table this well be a great help with NPC's

Giddoen

mervh February 22nd, 2007 09:54 AM

I will be using it more for creating NPC's. I haven't been huge into the whole laptop at the table thing. The hardest thing for me to do is putting all of those interesting NPC's on paper. Its so time consuming. I know players that will take several days building a character. Having a program to help should just that down closer to 22 hours. :) Does this program have a die roller on it? I might use it at the table if it did...

FifthWanderer February 23rd, 2007 08:54 AM

For me, I'll probably use it for creating NPCs, because I'm primarily a GM. However, I'll also encourage my players to use it to make characters.

brimitch February 23rd, 2007 10:22 AM

yeah our own slice of the forums!

Yes, Hero Lab does have a dice roller. Click on the "View" menu at the top of the screen, and then click on "Show Dice Roller".

22 hours? I'm going to go out on a limb and say that with Hero Lab we can get that shaved down to well below 20. :-)

Brian

At 12:54 PM 2/22/2007, mervh wrote:

Quote:

I will be using it more for creating NPC's. I haven't been huge into the whole laptop at the table thing. The hardest thing for me to do is putting all of those interesting NPC's on paper. Its so time consuming. I know players that will take several days building a character. Having a program to help should just that down closer to 22 hours. [img]./modules/mdforum/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] Does this program have a die roller on it? I might use it at the table if it did...

MPHopcroft February 25th, 2007 10:16 PM

I would use it to build my NPC database; I do something similar with the Hero Designer program for HERO. Hero Designer has the advantage of being published in close association with the system's publisher, and its expansions (which mostly include characters, equipment, and power builds) are directly from their products.

The ability to enter characters from print books that you would like to use with a minimum amount of fuss is something that would be very helpful.

Darrin_Kelley February 26th, 2007 11:38 AM

I'm greatly looking forward to this also. And I am hoping that it will cover the true breadth of how the M&M power system operates. Because, honestly, the free Mutagen program I have been using has some problems with incompleteness when it comes to dealing with things like Alternate Power.

I'm hoping Hero Lab handles things in a much more clean manner. Definitely will be less stress for me.

Giddoen February 27th, 2007 07:01 AM

I will use it to manage my player characters and of course NPC's. Since I do allot of convention games to show new users the joy of M&M I am looking forward to pitching both M&M and HL as a solid answer to the tedium of character creation that is involved in most supers games.

I am so ready for the data sets!

Giddoen

drawback February 28th, 2007 06:03 AM

As soon as this program dataset gets in the wild, I'll buy it and start, FINALLY, considering actually running an M&M game.

mancerbear September 6th, 2007 05:21 PM

I'm looking at using this primarily for designing NPCs, but I'd also like to see a facility where I can design Headquarters, Vehicles, Devices and other equipment and have a nice store of them to easily plug into NPCs and PCs.

Cheers,

Harmon November 13th, 2007 10:20 PM

NPC construction - mostly.