Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - d20 System (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Custom Cleric class Domains (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=62270)

romandain March 17th, 2019 11:48 PM

Custom Cleric class Domains

Hello All

I am creating a gestalt cleric/rogue in 3.5 OGL as a custom class and I have everything working except the ability to pick the cleric domains. I am assuming that it is like other picklists that are defined in the Custom Ability Name of "Domain" and it is tied to the cHelpClr class which is why when i choose the Domain option on the character sheet it comes us as "nothing found" because I am a different class.

I have recreated other things like this like the Rogue's Special Ability checklist. But when i try to do the same thing with the domains I cant do it because "Domain" doesnt show in the list of Class Abilities.

How can I use the custom ability of "Domain" and get all of the cleric domains to come us as they do with the regular cleric class. Is there something that I can either link that list to a new "Class Ability" or link my new custom class ID to be able to see that list?

Thank you for the help so far :)

Roman

Sendric March 18th, 2019 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by romandain (Post 276792)
Hello All

I am creating a gestalt cleric/rogue in 3.5 OGL as a custom class and I have everything working except the ability to pick the cleric domains. I am assuming that it is like other picklists that are defined in the Custom Ability Name of "Domain" and it is tied to the cHelpClr class which is why when i choose the Domain option on the character sheet it comes us as "nothing found" because I am a different class.

I have recreated other things like this like the Rogue's Special Ability checklist. But when i try to do the same thing with the domains I cant do it because "Domain" doesnt show in the list of Class Abilities.

How can I use the custom ability of "Domain" and get all of the cleric domains to come us as they do with the regular cleric class. Is there something that I can either link that list to a new "Class Ability" or link my new custom class ID to be able to see that list?

Thank you for the help so far :)

Roman

In the Class thing in the editor, go to your class and scroll down to the section marked Custom Abilities. The last item in this section is "Allow Class Abilities...". Click the edit button and check Cleric. Re-compile. This should allow all of the Cleric Domains to show up. Cleric Domains are a little trickier than other custom abilities so you may run into some issues.

romandain March 18th, 2019 10:24 PM

That definitely worked. However the domains that i was looking for are not there. I was looking for Chaos, Trickery, and Luck but none of them are there. If I have to re-add them that is fine.

I found those 3 domains in the custom abilities. How would I tie them to the list of domains that come up in the picklist.

Thank you for the help. This community has been great so far.

***Edit***
NVM it worked. I just had to remove and reselect the deity and it worked fine.

R/S
Roman