Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Hero Lab Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Additional Licenses (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=20544)

Sketchpad April 13th, 2012 06:32 PM

Additional Licenses

Is there a way to purchase additional licenses past the extra 2 that you can buy? Many thanks in advance :)

rob April 13th, 2012 06:57 PM

Four licenses total is the current limit. We figured that was a pretty safe number, since it would allow someone to put the product on their desktop, their laptop, their work machine, and still one more beyond that (i.e. wife's computer, game room machine, kid's system, whatever).

We can theoretically change the limit when we make some changes on the server in the upcoming months. Please give me your example of how the current 4-license restriction is too limiting and we can assess increasing the number later this year.

Thanks!

Sketchpad April 13th, 2012 07:05 PM

Well, in my case, I'm wondering for when a tablet version comes around or possibly if we get another desktop. In addition, it'd be nice to be able to get licenses for other members of my group so they could use their laptops at the session.

cryptoknight April 14th, 2012 05:03 AM

The secondary licenses are not for your friends. I believe you are only allowed to purchase/have them for your immediate family at most.

rob April 14th, 2012 03:49 PM

Now that the Mac version is finally wrapping up, we'll be announcing preliminary info about tablet support in the next month or two. So stay tuned for the particulars on how that will work.

As for using secondary licenses for other members of your gaming group, that's not allowed by the license agreement. Our objective with the secondary licenses is to make it possible for users to run Hero Lab on all the various computers that *they own* - not to put the product on their friends' computers as well. If you're doing that, it goes against the license agreement and we have no desire to make it even easier to break that agreement.

It sounds like the four license limit would suffice for your needs if we take your friends' computers out of the equation. If so, then the way things are currently structured is reasonable. If you've got a situation where you have more than four computers that you personally own, then please outline the situation and we can evaluate whether to make changes later this year.

fillerbunny_x1 April 15th, 2012 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob (Post 80376)
Now that the Mac version is finally wrapping up, we'll be announcing preliminary info about tablet support in the next month or two. So stay tuned for the particulars on how that will work.

Now THAT is some news!

Sketchpad April 17th, 2012 06:26 PM

Good enough :) I'm looking forward to the tablet announcement :)