Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Pathfinder Community Packs (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=51966)

Twistedsavant February 14th, 2015 11:35 PM

huge fan of your work and alllll the effort you put in here I can safely say I would not be using herolab for my pathfinder without your addons. That being said. There are a few minor issues I have run into in the course of setting up characters for game play. Admittedly VERY few People would run into this but Hey what can I say i am lucky.

we are using gestalt rules and the path of war. and my the 14th level cleric fighter who just bought a level in warlord is getting the following error.

attempt to access out-of-bounds array index "21" for array field "mech feat" location: procedure 'validmanil" near line 38.

that i cannot seem to find to see how to fix.

the only other issue i have run into is there seems to be no way to add silver crane or black seraph abilities to a path of war character. The pdf says you have to join one of their orders but i do not see that option nor can you just pick one. That one i can fix by going in and just adding their list of manuevers to all the three classes but i didnt know if there was a better way to do so. Sorry for the mile long email hope it is helpful for bug fixes.

ShadowChemosh February 14th, 2015 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twistedsavant (Post 203819)
we are using gestalt rules and the path of war. and my the 14th level cleric fighter who just bought a level in warlord is getting the following error.

attempt to access out-of-bounds array index "21" for array field "mech feat" location: procedure 'validmanil" near line 38.

Thanks for the bug report. Yeah that one looks fun to fix. :(

Quote:

The only other issue i have run into is there seems to be no way to add silver crane or black seraph abilities to a path of war character. The pdf says you have to join one of their orders but i do not see that option nor can you just pick one. That one i can fix by going in and just adding their list of manuevers to all the three classes but i didnt know if there was a better way to do so.

It appears these are part of the Martial Traditions that we have not gotten too yet. I am not sure how we will plan to do these as they are almost like "PrCs" but not. Maybe for now I will simply add an Adjustment that lets you add another Discipline to an existing class. That would at least make things work for now why we work on getting the Traditions in.

Quote:

Sorry for the mile long email hope it is helpful for bug fixes.

"long email"? :confused: If you sent me an email I never got anything.

Twistedsavant February 15th, 2015 08:18 AM

Sorry I meant post not email. The Crane and Seraph ones i will probably just jury rig by making them accessible to all on my version which could work because i know my players. Bear with me because i Know just enough about hero lab editing to fiddle but not nearly enough to be as useful to the community as you. But it seems like it would access a table somewhere or a or maybe a class max level variable or table and i just cant find it to fix it. I've managed to find spellcaster spells per level tables once. but not for the martial classes yet and i cant help feeling expanding that table past 20 might help this issue..??

shatterjack February 15th, 2015 09:51 AM

Quote:

the only other issue i have run into is there seems to be no way to add silver crane or black seraph abilities to a path of war character. The pdf says you have to join one of their orders but i do not see that option nor can you just pick one. That one i can fix by going in and just adding their list of manuevers to all the three classes but i didnt know if there was a better way to do so. Sorry for the mile long email hope it is helpful for bug fixes.

You can add a discipline to any initiating class through adjustments. Under "Other Adjustments" look for "Add Martial Discipline to Class", then you pick the discipline and the maneuver list it gets added to. There's also a similar adjustment to remove discipline access.

I made these adjustments as a stopgap since Martial Traditions were something I wasn't quite sure how to implement and seemed kinda low-priority anyway, and also since some tables might like to play around with discipline lists anyway. I'm hoping to do MT's for real once I finish the class archetypes, because they do carry other mechanical benefits besides discipline access.

ShadowChemosh February 15th, 2015 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shatterjack (Post 203838)
You can add a discipline to any initiating class through adjustments. Under "Other Adjustments" look for "Add Martial Discipline to Class", then you pick the discipline and the maneuver list it gets added to. There's also a similar adjustment to remove discipline access.

I made these adjustments as a stopgap since Martial Traditions were something I wasn't quite sure how to implement and seemed kinda low-priority anyway, and also since some tables might like to play around with discipline lists anyway. I'm hoping to do MT's for real once I finish the class archetypes, because they do carry other mechanical benefits besides discipline access.

Thanks Shatterjack! I had forgotten you had already added these. :)

willuwontu February 15th, 2015 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 203815)

So Colen and LW are asking anyone that ends up in the days ahead with a "Duplicate record encountered ('xxxxxx')" error like you see in THIS thread. That you should put in an email to LW support (support@wolflair.com) so they can ask you a bunch of support questions to help narrow the situation down.

Should i put in a support ticket even though the error is no longer happening to me?

ShadowChemosh February 15th, 2015 12:23 PM

For editors needing to use GitHub with the community Packs please see THIS post in the user forums for a setup document. Also any editors that have questions on GitHub or using SourceTree please post to the "Pathfinder Community Standards...." thread instead of here. That will keep Gamer issues separate from Editor issues which will be very different from each other.

ShadowChemosh February 15th, 2015 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willuwontu (Post 203848)
Should i put in a support ticket even though the error is no longer happening to me?

It certainly could not hurt as Colen maybe still able to find out specific "system" information that could help narrow it down. :)

ShadowChemosh February 15th, 2015 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 203815)
Currently on Windows/Mac ALL the Packs will install and run without issues. On the iPad all except the GM Pack and Mythic Pack will install and run without issues. The GM Packs will be fixed by the end of this weekend.

So best laid plans of mice and men. So not making it by this weekend as it is taking ALLOT longer than I thought to finish up the GM Pack file renames....

ranmatoushin February 15th, 2015 07:48 PM

Extra Readied Maneuver from Path of War

this feat in the books may be selected multiple times, in the 3PP pack, by default you can choose it only once.
is this for a reason?

and if so is there a way to modify it so I can have the ability to take it multiple times? I have no experience with the editor and after an hour still can't figure out what I'd need to do.

thank you very much for the work you've done as it makes gaming even more enjoyable.