Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed. (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   [Bug Reports] Storm of Magic (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=13345)

UltraPrime July 17th, 2011 08:30 AM

Question for you all -

You may only take 2 Scrolls of Binding in a game less than 2,999 points. So, for example, does this mean you can only have 2 Dragons of ANY type, or 2 Dragons of EACH type? I've read the section several times, but it can be read as either way.

Mr_Rose July 17th, 2011 11:19 AM

"Each scroll of binding allows you to include one unit of bound monsters in your army" - Storm of Magic, page 84.

UltraPrime July 17th, 2011 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Rose (Post 58819)
"Each scroll of binding allows you to include one unit of bound monsters in your army" - Storm of Magic, page 84.

Yes, but what counts as a 'scroll'? Is it the individual monster (I expect so), or the page in the book?

Page 86 has a Scroll Index. This lists, using my example again, Dragon as a single entry, rather than each sub-type.

Mr_Rose July 18th, 2011 01:57 AM

It's each page in the book (or two-page spread in some cases); basically everything enclosed in the "scroll margin" page decoration. IE each entry in the scroll index is one scroll, so you can have two dragons in any combination of types/sizes, not two fire dragons and two emperor fire dragons etc..

I can't see how it could be any different, or you end up with a maximum of two griffons no matter what options they have and a maximum of eight, much rarer and more powerful, dragons not even counting the chaos versions, which doesn't make sense to me.

UltraPrime July 18th, 2011 02:37 AM

OK, that is how I shall proceed :)

Arijharn July 19th, 2011 12:10 AM

*EDIT* I don't actually remember trying to post this twice :\ (i.e., it takign too long and me being over-eager to post accidentally pressing it twice or something)

Arijharn July 19th, 2011 12:12 AM

You know what doesn't make sense to me? How Chaos Dragons can't use magic. Especially those that view themselves as Tzeentch's 'true champions.'

I guess it's because of the Exalted GD's and how they exist... but damn it let me have my cake and eat it too.

UltraPrime August 1st, 2011 01:18 AM

Just to let you know I'm still working on this, but progression has slowed down dramatically since my girlfriend got out of hospital as I need to look after her 24/7 until she recovers.

Arijharn August 2nd, 2011 12:39 AM

Wow, I hope she's going to be ok as that sounds really hardcore, like serious car accident hardcore...

UltraPrime August 2nd, 2011 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arijharn (Post 59805)
Wow, I hope she's going to be ok as that sounds really hardcore, like serious car accident hardcore...

She went into anaphalactic shock. Thought we were going to lose her for a few days. Not a pleasant time, I can tell you. She's going to make a full recovery now, but is weak as a kitten for the moment. Still don't know exactly what caused it, so a future of tests to look forward to...

Edited to add - I was up a few hours before anyone else this morning, so have actually made a lot of progress since yesterday. It isn't impossible that I will be done by weekend after all.

Edited again to add - Finished! The last part went alot quicker once I worked out how I wanted it to fit together. Will check it over, and will be released on Sat.