Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - User Projects (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Forgotten Realms (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=20591)

mbran01 April 17th, 2012 10:30 AM

Forgotten Realms

Is anybody working on converting FR to Pathfinder. If anybody is or is interested, I have input all the human ethnicities and races from the FRCS book and the races of Faerun (I made them ethnicities that bootstrap all the racial abilities, hgt and wgt work as well). I have most of the regions (I used the factions tab for this, regions add automatic languages and bonus languages) as well as about 18 feats from the player's guide (most of them work too!). I am still working in the feats (there are alot and I am not a programmer so it is taking a while).

Michael

poizen37 April 18th, 2012 03:00 AM

I've got a lot on my hero lab schedule right now, but this is something I was always considering. I'll keep it in mind for when my time frees up. By all means keep us apprised!

mbran01 April 18th, 2012 04:40 AM

Will do, I am a stay-at-home dad (for the time being, anyway). So while the little one naps I have time (well a little time) to work on these things. Problem is I have to beg, borrow, and steal code from other things in hero lab and these forums. I can usually figure out how to do something by examining other code, but it is slow going. Anyway I will certainly keep you advised on where I am at. Currently I am working on the feats from the Player's Guide to Faerun.

Aaron April 18th, 2012 07:38 AM

I know what you're talking about mbran01, I was in the same situation a couple years ago, but keep at it. You'll eventually get the hang of things like I did, and if you run into something above your skill level you can always post on these forums.

mbran01 April 18th, 2012 09:48 AM

You know, besides HL being a great product, you guys provide awesome support. One of the reasons that I bought HL to begin with. You guys rock!!!

RavenX May 10th, 2012 07:51 PM

In response to this, My group made a decision to play in the realms this year, so I will be doing some coding of things for this. It will take a while for me to get any significant progress though.

mbran01 May 10th, 2012 08:37 PM

I have quite a bit done, kinda stalled when I got to the deities and domains. There are quite a few domains that don't exist in Pathfinder, so I am trying to decide whether to convert or simply do with out the non-existant domains. I have most of the races (most of the elven and dwarven subraces, gnome and halflings, and all of the human ethnicities), regions and feats, and languages.

Lord Magus May 11th, 2012 05:31 AM

Please consider submitting what you have done so far to the Community Files project!

RavenX May 11th, 2012 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbran01 (Post 82525)
I have quite a bit done, kinda stalled when I got to the deities and domains. There are quite a few domains that don't exist in Pathfinder, so I am trying to decide whether to convert or simply do with out the non-existant domains. I have most of the races (most of the elven and dwarven subraces, gnome and halflings, and all of the human ethnicities), regions and feats, and languages.

Personally I just convert them over. It is not that hard. And the FRCS had a lot of new domains in it that were specific to Faerun. I would personally add them. It is not hard to just add all the domains.

My data has some conversion work for 4th edition to pathfinder. I converted spell scars fully over to pathfinder. I will be making adjustments to the races as well. I plan on making the magical tattoos of the Wild Elves into a racial ability that can be changed out with alternate racial traits if the player so wishes.

mbran01 May 11th, 2012 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Magus (Post 82553)
Please consider submitting what you have done so far to the Community Files project!

I have been in contact with ShadowChemosh, not sure where it's at as far as being added.