Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed. (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Empire Bugs Post here!!!!! (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=6741)

apollo0681 February 26th, 2007 03:20 AM

Empire Bugs Post here!!!!!

hi the latest warhammer update is now out with the new empire book.

although it looks alot prettier than mine it does seem to have a few things missing.

If everyone posts all the bugs they find in here i will get working on a file update

Have already spotted that a few commom magic items are missing so will get working on that first of all

apollo0681 February 26th, 2007 03:55 AM

Have fixed the reason the common magic items werent showing up.

the great weopon bug for the preceptor and the normal knights with great weopons showing as +2S have Fixed so only showing +1S

HAVE NO IDEA WHY WHEN U ADD A PRECEPTOR AND INNER CIRCLE IT SHOWS AS 2 SPECIAL CHOICES. ANY HELP ON THIS WOULD BE GREAT.

apollo0681 February 26th, 2007 04:10 AM

Cant figure out why u dont get a shield option for spearman and halberdiers when using them as a detachment. if someone can figure this out let me know cheers

apollo0681 February 26th, 2007 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apollo0681
Have fixed the reason the common magic items werent showing up.

the great weopon bug for the preceptor and the normal knights with great weopons showing as +2S have Fixed so only showing +1S

HAVE NO IDEA WHY WHEN U ADD A PRECEPTOR AND INNER CIRCLE IT SHOWS AS 2 SPECIAL CHOICES. ANY HELP ON THIS WOULD BE GREAT.

ok have figured this out

RugueGeneralHunter February 26th, 2007 07:02 AM

Quote:

ok have figured this out
Was it the script in the eval section for "emkninner"?
I am just curious. :D

RugueGeneralHunter February 26th, 2007 07:34 AM

The program is allowing Greatswords to be detachments. I thought greatswords could only be Parent units.
Thanks

RG Hunter

apollo0681 February 26th, 2007 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RugueGeneralHunter
Quote:

ok have figured this out
Was it the script in the eval section for "emkninner"?
I am just curious. :D

now u asking um think i found it searching in the precepter section think it was what was index="5"></

think i just deleted it cant remember what it was now though.(could be wrong though).

its stopped doing it now anyhow though lol

apollo0681 February 26th, 2007 12:36 PM

Quote:

The program is allowing Greatswords to be detachments. I thought greatswords could only be Parent units.
Thanks

RG Hunter

yes your right they cant be detachments

cant figure out why they are appearing though

so HELP!! please

RugueGeneralHunter February 26th, 2007 01:01 PM

That is my intention.
I will look some more tonight after work.
I think there may be a connection between the greatswords issue and the problem with detachments & options (shields, etc)

Later

RG Hunter

PaleKing February 26th, 2007 01:06 PM

Thank you to all who have worked on getting the Empire file released. So as I can make plans, would it be possible to glean how often updates to fix bugs are likely to be released please?
Cheers

RugueGeneralHunter February 26th, 2007 05:16 PM

I have something in regards to making shields show up in attachments. Remove the live expression from the shield option in all detachment units that have the option. Halberdiers and Spearmen, Other detachment units do not use them or have them by defalt. This will allow the option to show up when the unit is taken as a detachment.

I don't know if this has been addressed yet.

I am still working on the greatswords

Birstel February 26th, 2007 05:57 PM

Don't know if this has been addressed, but all the common magic items are missing from the list. I'm sure I'm not the only guy that uses the enchanted shield or sword of might :)

RugueGeneralHunter February 26th, 2007 06:18 PM

The Greatsword fix: change Tagsets(1) from emState to emSpecial. This will remove the Greatswords from the detachments list.

apollo0681 February 27th, 2007 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaleKing
Thank you to all who have worked on getting the Empire file released. So as I can make plans, would it be possible to glean how often updates to fix bugs are likely to be released please?
Cheers

when i can be bothered

apollo0681 February 27th, 2007 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Birstel
Don't know if this has been addressed, but all the common magic items are missing from the list. I'm sure I'm not the only guy that uses the enchanted shield or sword of might :)

hi read the first 2 posts on the thread it has clearly been addressed

apollo0681 February 27th, 2007 02:02 AM

Quote:

The Greatsword fix: change Tagsets(1) from emState to emSpecial. This will remove the Greatswords from the detachments list.

Nice one!!!

have fixed both the greatswords problem and the halberdiers ready for the update thanks alot.

however i have one other problem which i thought i sorted but havent

<unit id="emFirstKng" name="Preceptor" cost="39." statset="Normal" maxsize="1" startsize="1" effective="yes">
<statval stat="At" value="2"/>
<statval stat="BS" value="3"/>
<statval stat="In" value="3"/>
<statval stat="Ld" value="8"/>
<statval stat="Mv" value="4"/>
<statval stat="Save" value="2"/>
<statval stat="St" value="3"/>
<statval stat="To" value="3"/>
<statval stat="US" value="2"/>
<statval stat="WS" value="4"/>
<statval stat="Wo" value="1"/>
<link option="HandWeapon" nature="auto" index="0"></link>
<link option="Lance" nature="auto" index="1"></link>
<link option="Shield" nature="auto" index="2"></link>
<link option="emFullPlat" nature="base" index="3"></link>
<link option="emKnGreat" index="4"></link>
<link option="emKnInner" nature="auto" mirror="emKnInner" index="5"></link>

<tag group="Helper" tag="UnitChamp"/>
</unit>

the link option index5 emkninner makes the preceptor an extra special slot. if u delete it like i have it stops the problem of him taking up 2 special slots but also stops his strength from increasing from 3to4.

Any Ideas of a way around this Rugue?

KAMAR February 27th, 2007 03:05 AM

Hi. Here my little bug report from Germany ! :wink:
- Luthor Huss is a warrior priest, but the flagellants all stay "rare"

RugueGeneralHunter February 27th, 2007 04:51 AM

I ran into the same problem myself.

I think that the reason it adds two is because the script in both the knightly orders and Preceptor each tell it to add as a Special choice.

In the EVAL section of emKnInner (An option both knightly orders and Preceptor share) there is a script

unit.basestat[St] = unit.basestat[St] + 1
var result as number
result = unit.delete[Comp.?]
result = unit.assign[Comp.Special]

It looks like it reads:
Change Strength to Strength +1 (in this case 3 to 4)

Then it says look at composition of the unit.
If the Inner Circle is selected then remove the unit from CORE and add it to SPECIAL.

This works just fine for the main unit, but the Preceptor is not really a unit unto itself. It has the emKnInner option as well as a mod that tells it to mirror itself. I am not sure how that works but if you remove it the result is the same as removing the entire emKnInner option from the Preceptor. I think that the Preceptor needs a different option than emKnInner something almost the same but does not adjust the unit comp. As a unit champion the Preceptor should by default follow the rest of his unit.

I will try copying emKnInner and renaming it emPreceptor and attempt to adjust the script.

Is there a place I can send my modified .dat file once complete?

PaleKing February 27th, 2007 11:50 AM

Quote:

when i can be bothered

Er thanks..... :roll:

For the record I wasn't pushing, it was a genuine question. I have a tourney coming up and I just needed to know how likely it was that I'd be using Army Builder.

RugueGeneralHunter February 27th, 2007 01:06 PM

I have something...
It works but it is not fully what I want.

Simply replace "emKnInner" with "emInnerCir" (this is a hold over from the old version {its still in the option list.}) Do NOT mirror it! This will cause an error. Simply add the option (No mods) and remove the other one.

The effect is the following:

When you take Knightly orders and add a preceptor both show up with a strength of 3 and take 1 core slot (As it should)
When you upgrade to inner circle the Knightly order's Strength moves to 4 the Preceptor's ST remains 3, BUT an option button is now visible that is labeled Inner circle. Check that and the Preceptor's ST jumps to 4.

The entire unit will move to Special and will only take one slot.

apollo0681 February 27th, 2007 02:01 PM

Quote:

I have something...
It works but it is not fully what I want.

Simply replace "emKnInner" with "emInnerCir" (this is a hold over from the old version {its still in the option list.}) Do NOT mirror it! This will cause an error. Simply add the option (No mods) and remove the other one.

The effect is the following:

When you take Knightly orders and add a preceptor both show up with a strength of 3 and take 1 core slot (As it should)
When you upgrade to inner circle the Knightly order's Strength moves to 4 the Preceptor's ST remains 3, BUT an option button is now visible that is labeled Inner circle. Check that and the Preceptor's ST jumps to 4.

The entire unit will move to Special and will only take one slot.

nice one have made the changes just gonna see if i can sort the luther huss bug then will put a file up for download

apollo0681 February 27th, 2007 02:17 PM

EMPIRE UPDATE DOWNLOAD ADDED

Have put a file up for download

Fixed bug which was giving knights/preceptor +2 st rather than +1 with GW
Fixed bug inner circle knights/preceptor showing up as 2 special slots (thanks Rugue)
Fixed bug with common magic items not showing up
Fixed bug allowing Spearman and Halberdiers detachments to have shields (thanks Rugue)
Fixed bug to stop showing greatswords as an detachment option(thanks again Rugue)
Fixed bug Luthor Huss not counting as a priest of sigmar
Fixed bug Ludwig Schwarzhelms name was appearing as Luther Huss

let me know anymore errors

RugueGeneralHunter February 27th, 2007 04:35 PM

Thanks for the credit. :D
Let me know if there is any thing else I can do.

RG Hunter

PaleKing February 28th, 2007 12:39 AM

This sounds like its coming along well. Cheers to all involved. I'll look forward to the update when I get home tonight.

PaleKing February 28th, 2007 12:15 PM

Re: EMPIRE UPDATE DOWNLOAD ADDED

Quote:

Fixed bug inner circle knights/preceptor showing up as 2 special slots (thanks Rugue)
Fixed bug allowing Spearman and Halberdiers detachments to have shields (thanks Rugue)
Fixed bug to stop showing greatswords as an detachment option(thanks again Rugue)

Hi apollo,
When I fired up AB tonight it didn't offer me any updates. Are the fixes that you mentioned available as updates? Cheers

apollo0681 February 28th, 2007 02:13 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Hi apollo,
When I fired up AB tonight it didn't offer me any updates. Are the fixes that you mentioned available as updates? Cheers

u have to download the file from this site
http://support.wolflair.com/modules....ads&file=index

then delete the numbers in the filename then cut and paste the new file into the WH6 folder in the army builder directory on your computer replacing the old empire file.

or if u knew all that and was just wondering if there would be an offical update then

NO

PaleKing March 1st, 2007 12:15 AM

No, I didn't know any of this. It dosn't make any of this clear on Army Builder. I'm not trying to hassle people, I'm just someone who bought Army Builder only to discover that it dosn't actually support my army, which I'm surprised and disapointed by because I would have thought that WFB was one of the best supoprted games in the world. I'm on these forums to try and get some inkling as to whether the Empire files will ever appear, not to try and hassle people .

So, if anyone would help me with a couple of questions I'd be grateful -

- When does a file move from the manual downloads section of this site to become an auto-download update within Army Builder, and who is responsible for implementing it into AB as an update?

- Also, could anyone please give me a step by step (for a computer layman) as to what I need to do to manually download a file, i.e which numbers to delete and which file to over-write (as I'm confused as to why apollo says that there will be no official update when it seems that the main bugs are fixed).

Cheers for any help.

PaleKing March 1st, 2007 03:03 PM

Woohoo, that looks like it's working. Thanks for all the work.

PAul

lindemann March 2nd, 2007 08:32 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Hi apollo,

then delete the numbers in the filename then cut and paste the new file into the WH6 folder in the army builder directory on your computer replacing the old empire file.

or if u knew all that and was just wondering if there would be an offical update then

NO

Hi folks - like the other person posting about the Empire bugs/fixes I don't understand how to get them into my Army Builder? I have managed to get a file called 'empire280207.dat' onto my desk top but have no idea what to do with it and to be honest your explanation above made no sense to me...delete the numbers in the filename??? What numbers in what filename.

Is there no chance of getting these bug fixes made into a regular update please - I'm afraid there's a bunch of us techno-challenged folk getting extremely frustrated with Army Builder not being able to provide a user friendly update to the Empire rules.

I've used Army Builder for years and never experienced this much trouble getting some bugs updated.

Please help. :?

apollo0681 March 3rd, 2007 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindemann
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Hi apollo,

NO

Hi folks - like the other person posting about the Empire bugs/fixes I don't understand how to get them into my Army Builder? I have managed to get a file called 'empire280207.dat' onto my desk top but have no idea what to do with it and to be honest your explanation above made no sense to me...delete the numbers in the filename??? What numbers in what filename.

Is there no chance of getting these bug fixes made into a regular update please - I'm afraid there's a bunch of us techno-challenged folk getting extremely frustrated with Army Builder not being able to provide a user friendly update to the Empire rules.

I've used Army Builder for years and never experienced this much trouble getting some bugs updated.

Please help. :?

Apologies for my extremely techinal and difficult explanation as for how to get the file to work. i shall try and put it more simply

firstly when i said delete the numbers in the filename (empire280207.dat)

this actually means delete the numbers in the filename!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so you change the file name from empire280207.dat to empire.dat.

you then copy the file from your desktop and put it in the WH6 folder in the army builder directory on your computer.

im sorry i really dont get what there is not to undestand. over 1000 people have downloaded the various updates i have put over the past few months this is the first time i have needed to explain what to do in any detail.

lindemann March 3rd, 2007 02:14 PM

you are a dick

thanks for the help a-hole

apollo0681 March 4th, 2007 07:57 AM

Quote:

you are a dick

thanks for the help a-hole

glad i could help.

08ball March 4th, 2007 08:20 AM

Completely uncalled for Apollo

I have to respond to a very out of place comment and general attitude from Apollo. Your personally negative response to a poster who was simply stating their frustration and candor was unacceptable. He was not attacking you personally nor was he being rude. Yet you decided to respond in a frankly childish and negative way. Your poor attitude needs to be corrected and you should appoligize to the poster and show you have the class expected of a person with a high intelligence.

The responce you received from your comment must have told you that your initial comment was out of place. I expect you to act and respond in a more positive and adult manner from now on or I will report you to the admin and ask for your suspension.

I don't care how much you are trying to help, the issue is that you need to be more aware of your actions here and treat folks with respect.

08ball March 4th, 2007 08:24 AM

Corrected?

I also see that you deleated the nasty personal comment you made to the poster now. So you understand that was unacceptable right?

apollo0681 March 4th, 2007 09:06 AM

Re: Completely uncalled for Apollo

Quote:

Originally Posted by 08ball
I have to respond to a very out of place comment and general attitude from Apollo. Your personally negative response to a poster who was simply stating their frustration and candor was unacceptable. He was not attacking you personally nor was he being rude. Yet you decided to respond in a frankly childish and negative way. Your poor attitude needs to be corrected and you should appoligize to the poster and show you have the class expected of a person with a high intelligence.

The responce you received from your comment must have told you that your initial comment was out of place. I expect you to act and respond in a more positive and adult manner from now on or I will report you to the admin and ask for your suspension.

I don't care how much you are trying to help, the issue is that you need to be more aware of your actions here and treat folks with respect.

i apoligise huguly for my general attitude. But when i spend hours of my own time fixing bugs and uploading a number of files so that the empire files on army builder are usable.
so much so that when the offical update was released the person felt the need to thank me for all the help i had given in the very first line of the offical warhammer update. i think im well within my rights to be a little annoyed when someone is moaning about the fact that the update isnt instantly done for them and they have to spend 20seconds cutting and pasting a file.

and as for my final comment that was simply as i had seen the episode of friends in which the line is from that day. which if u read his post i couldnt resist making a joke as what he said was so very silly

"I have managed to get a file called 'empire280207.dat' onto my desk top but have no idea what to do with it and to be honest your explanation above made no sense to me...delete the numbers in the filename??? What numbers in what filename"

OgrimDoombringer March 4th, 2007 12:47 PM

How to Update (for non experts)

apollo0681. Thankyou for the work you do to fix the various bugs, it is appreciated. Thankyou for apologizing for overreacting to a techno-challenged user. I tried to help lindemann by phone. It was not the renaming of the file that was really the problem, but what to do with it after that. If you are not familiar with the data structure of the program, it is not intuitive to go rooting around and replacing files. Despite being a systems analyst of 8 years experience and having programmed, I got stuck too. I am not a tech-newbie and definitely not an idiot. Until I saw your post stating "then cut and paste the new file into the WH6 folder in the army builder directory on your computer replacing the old empire file." I was a lost as the next guy. That tidbit is the key to it all. Problem solved. Thanks.

Below for regular users is some guidance.

Exit Army Builder.
Download the new Empire data file from:
http://support.wolflair.com/modules....=getit&lid=124

Save the file to your PC (Desktop is an easy place to put it)
Rename the file from empire280207.dat to empire.dat
Locate your wh6 folder (typically c:\Program Files\ArmyBuilder\data\wh6)
(Notice that there are other .dat files such as dwarves.dat, this is what the program uses to interpret the various special rules and units for each race)
Cut and Paste (or drag and drop) your new empire.dat file from the Desktop to the wh6 folder.
A message will appear asking if you to 'Confirm File Replace'. Answer yes and you will overwrite the old file with the new download.
Start Army Builder. The new updates should be seen when you create a new list.

lindemann March 4th, 2007 01:06 PM

Many thanks OgrimDoombringer - your patient assitance was greatly appreciated.

Apollo0681 - I accept your apology for what you wrote (and then removed), and I certainly do appreciate the fact that you have worked hard to fix the various bugs associated with the Empire update. For the record, what OgrimDoombringer has posted made much more sense to me and was easy to follow for a self-confessed technotard - please remember apollo0681 that not everyone understands this stuff as well as you.

Thanks as well to 08Ball for your comments and suggestions.

08ball March 4th, 2007 02:20 PM

Thanks Ogrim,
I will try it out and let you know. I just might get my Empire list fixed yet!

apollo0681 March 5th, 2007 12:36 AM

Quote:

Many thanks OgrimDoombringer - your patient assitance was greatly appreciated.

Apollo0681 - I accept your apology for what you wrote (and then removed), and I certainly do appreciate the fact that you have worked hard to fix the various bugs associated with the Empire update. For the record, what OgrimDoombringer has posted made much more sense to me and was easy to follow for a self-confessed technotard - please remember apollo0681 that not everyone understands this stuff as well as you.

Thanks as well to 08Ball for your comments and suggestions.

hope u 2 guys got it working in the end.

just for the record i was only intending to have a bit of a laugh at your expense rather than cause huge offence.

if u look at the time i edited the last line it was before 08ball had posted anything and abvoiusly before i had read what he said. the reason i edited it was becuase a mate of mine pointed out that it may be taken far more seriously than which it was intended.

anyhow we shall leave it there guys. Good luck with the new empire list.

08ball March 6th, 2007 11:53 AM

Thanks Ogrim, you are a lifesaver. The list works well for me, anyone else?