Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Adding property to specific armors (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=47836)

Corren28 December 28th, 2013 07:32 AM

Adding property to specific armors

Hello, I didn't see anything pertaining to this when I searched through the forums so if this is a repost I apologize.

One of my players recently received a suit of Shadow Mistmail from an encounter and is trying to add it to her character in Hero Lab. I can add a suit of Mistmail to her character, and I can add a +1 chain shirt to her character with the shadow property. What I cannot seem to do is add the Mistmail to her character with the shadow property on the Mistmail.

Could anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong or what I'm missing?

Thanks!

ShadowChemosh December 28th, 2013 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corren28 (Post 173066)
Could anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong or what I'm missing?

Your trying to take a specific magic item and upgrade or change it. HL does not currently support this without using the Editor. :(

Dhrakken May 19th, 2017 03:27 PM

Any chance this has been fixed? I have the same problem as the OP.

ShadowChemosh May 19th, 2017 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dhrakken (Post 250238)
Any chance this has been fixed? I have the same problem as the OP.

Nothing to fix. You need to use the Editor to created "Custom" magic items. Upgrading a specific suite of armor with other abilities is a custom item not support by the CORE rules.

If you and your DM decide how to achieve this then you can make use of the Editor to build it.

If you want to just "increase" the PLUS of Specific Armor or Weapon I have an adjustment that does this in the community pack. But adding properties requires the editor.

Dhrakken May 19th, 2017 03:57 PM

I received a shadow mistmail armor +1 and I upgraded it to a +2. The shadow mistmail is an item you get from the Carrion Crown AP so I'm technically not really adding anything other than the bonus.

Time I learnt how to use the editor!

ShadowChemosh May 19th, 2017 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dhrakken (Post 250242)
I received a shadow mistmail armor +1 and I upgraded it to a +2. The shadow mistmail is an item you get from the Carrion Crown AP so I'm technically not really adding anything other than the bonus.

Time I learnt how to use the editor!

Then use the adjustment that can increase the plus. Turn on "ShadowChemosh Adjustments". Then on the Adjust tab add the adjustment "Equipment, Armor Enhancement". Select the Mistmail armor and set the counter to +2. Boom the armor is now +2 mistmail. :)

Dhrakken May 19th, 2017 05:52 PM

Sheesh, I feel like a complete noob... can you come over of a personal tutorial? lol!

ErinRigh May 23rd, 2017 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dhrakken (Post 250251)
Sheesh, I feel like a complete noob... can you come over of a personal tutorial? lol!

SC is the Masta! The whole 3.5 stuff wouldn't exist without him