Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - 4th Edition (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Problem with the Downloader. (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=12908)

Deadeas April 21st, 2011 07:29 PM

Problem with the Downloader.

The 4e Data Downloader had this error pop up the first time I started it to download my data files.
Any idea on how to fix it? I'd like to use the 4e Character Editor.

RavenX April 21st, 2011 08:47 PM

Lone Wolf Development is currently working on a new version of the downloader, which should be ready in a few days time. Please be patient. The old downloader will not work. Everytime WOTC updates the Compendium, which is where the Downloader digs the information out of, this happens. WOTC has been rearranging the compendium with each monthly update and keeping the Lone Wolf Team here very busy reworking the downloader each month. Please see the Downloader update thread posted by Colen for more details if you need them.

Deadeas April 21st, 2011 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenX (Post 55103)
Lone Wolf Development is currently working on a new version of the downloader, which should be ready in a few days time. Please be patient. The old downloader will not work. Everytime WOTC updates the Compendium, which is where the Downloader digs the information out of, this happens. WOTC has been rearranging the compendium with each monthly update and keeping the Lone Wolf Team here very busy reworking the downloader each month. Please see the Downloader update thread posted by Colen for more details if you need them.

Ah. Thank you.

RavenX April 22nd, 2011 12:31 AM

Yeah It is a bit annoying, but Lone Wolf does know about the issues compendium brings in when they update it and they do work hard to keep the downloader up to date. :)
I am hoping we get Heroes of Shadow with this download.

Colen April 25th, 2011 08:53 AM

Unfortunately the Compendium no longer includes data past level 1 for any of the Essentials classes. The update for this month says that the information will be added back in in a future update, but for now there is no way for the downloader to get the information for Essentials classes, even the ones that were supported last month.

So unfortunately no Heroes of Shadow this month. Sorry :(

RavenX April 25th, 2011 01:42 PM

As irritating as it is... there are other things we still need to get working in hero lab anyway so I'm not even mad. I did notice that the tome magic items are supposed to award a wizard with additional powers, and those powers are not added when the tome is selected as a magic item. Whenever a wizard picks up a new tome he or she is supposed to gain new spell book spells from it.

Colen July 5th, 2011 05:18 PM

RavenX, I'm not familiar with those rules - I thought wizards just got new spells as they levelled like any other classes? Can you point me to where the tome rules are defined?