Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Trying to add griffon cohort (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=61998)

Ehrim January 21st, 2019 07:04 AM

Trying to add griffon cohort

I've read through previous posts on the matter - when i choose my PC, other tab, mounts and hirelings - add new mount or hireling

I can choose 'griffon' from the dialog - but once it is created it has No Race listed as race and it is very vanilla (all stats are 10, no HD, etc)

Any thoughts on what I'm missing?

Ehrim January 21st, 2019 07:05 AM

update: it looks like if I select 'hippogriff' instead of griffon, it works as intended.

Is griffon broken/my issue?

Mathias January 21st, 2019 07:25 AM

The griffon is from bestiary 1 - you've double-checked that you have that book turned on for this character and the minion? A cohort entry can't add a race to its minion if the book for that race isn't turned on.

The griffon and hippogriff are both working for me.

Ehrim January 21st, 2019 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mathias (Post 275101)
The griffon is from bestiary 1 - you've double-checked that you have that book turned on for this character and the minion? A cohort entry can't add a race to its minion if the book for that race isn't turned on.

The griffon and hippogriff are both working for me.

Checking...

Ehrim January 21st, 2019 07:31 AM

That looks to be it - while 'griffon' is listed in the drop down when i add the cohort, I only own Bestiary 2 currently (which apparently is the source of the hippogriff). I'd expect items from Bestiary 1 (and other non-installed sources) to not appear in the drop down choice at all

Thanks much for your time/expertise!

Mathias January 21st, 2019 07:35 AM

Take a look at Ultimate Equipment's section on creatures you can purchase - they offer the same information we do, with the purchase price and description, but then they refer you to the bestiary if you actually wanted the stats. We intend to add more warning about this sort of thing, but I don't think that we should hide these entries for someone who owns Ultimate Equipment, because they have purchased that book, and if they were making a character by hand and had UE but not the right bestiary, they would be able to buy the griffon or hippogriff, but not be able to look up its stats.

Ehrim January 21st, 2019 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mathias (Post 275104)
Take a look at Ultimate Equipment's section on creatures you can purchase - they offer the same information we do, with the purchase price and description, but then they refer you to the bestiary if you actually wanted the stats. We intend to add more warning about this sort of thing, but I don't think that we should hide these entries for someone who owns Ultimate Equipment, because they have purchased that book, and if they were making a character by hand and had UE but not the right bestiary, they would be able to buy the griffon or hippogriff, but not be able to look up its stats.

Makes sense (and I'm sure that is my current situation - own UE but not B1)

Thanks again!