Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   PF2 HLO Bug List (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=61010)

nightpanda2810 August 2nd, 2018 04:55 AM

PF2 HLO Bug List

I've submit bug reports, but thought it would be useful for others to have clarity on issues as well. If anyone notices any bugs and comments, I'll update the OP.

Also, the dev's have been kicking ass with their can of industrial strength RAID!
  • Heightened spells show as level 1 under the in-play tab.This may not necessarily be a bug, but I consider it one.{REPORTED}
  • Magical armor is not requiring resonance.{REPORTED}

If you're reporting a bug in this thread, PLEASE submit an official bug report. This thread is only for clarity for others.

You can submit a bug report directly from HLO by clicking the gear icon and selecting bug report.

You can also go here.

ShadowChemosh August 2nd, 2018 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightpanda2810 (Post 268773)
The Inspire Courage conditional adjustment doesn't actually adjust anything.

I see the other issues myself but I don't see any Inspire Courage adjustment. Where do you see this?

nightpanda2810 August 2nd, 2018 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 268781)
I see the other issues myself but I don't see any Inspire Courage adjustment. Where do you see this?

Wrote the below out, as I was going through it, but it's not there! Went back to the bard character I made, and it's there. Seems to only be available when class is set to Bard (which makes it useless, lol.)

Code:

Add a conditional bonus under temporary adjustments.

Once added, close that popup and click on the conditional bonus.

Click on Unspecified and you'll find it in the list.

ShadowChemosh August 2nd, 2018 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightpanda2810 (Post 268782)
Wrote the below out, as I was going through it, but it's not there! Went back to the bard character I made, and it's there. Seems to only be available when class is set to Bard (which makes it useless, lol.)

Code:

Add a conditional bonus under temporary adjustments.

Once added, close that popup and click on the conditional bonus.

Click on Unspecified and you'll find it in the list.

The adjustment is called "Conditional Bonus" and shows on my Sorcerer. Its a generic adjustment not specifically related to the bard ability. The note is just trying to be helpful to let you know the generic adjustment is available for use.

If I was playing with your Bard at a table I could add that adjustment two times to my character. Once for Attack Rolls by selecting "Attack Bonus" and Once for Damage Rolls by selecting "Damage Bonus". This is not a specific spell effect adjustment like PF1 has. Those are not in yet so they give you generic ones that can be used for MANY feats or spells.

You don't actually select "Inspire Courage" because giving a +1 bonus to Inspire Courage does not do anything. :)

nightpanda2810 August 2nd, 2018 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 268785)
The adjustment is called "Conditional Bonus" and shows on my Sorcerer. Its a generic adjustment not specifically related to the bard ability. The note is just trying to be helpful to let you know the generic adjustment is available for use.

If I was playing with your Bard at a table I could add that adjustment two times to my character. Once for Attack Rolls by selecting "Attack Bonus" and Once for Damage Rolls by selecting "Damage Bonus". This is not a specific spell effect adjustment like PF1 has. Those are not in yet so they give you generic ones that can be used for MANY feats or spells.

You don't actually select "Inspire Courage" because giving a +1 bonus to Inspire Courage does not do anything. :)

When I saw Inspire Courage in the list of choices I assumed it would work as inspire courage, and that other adjustments would probably show up in there as well. Makes sense that it's a generic adjustment.

Hopefully these get added quickly :)

kintrik August 2nd, 2018 05:26 PM

*wrong thread*

Geodragon August 3rd, 2018 03:52 AM

Alchemist - Far something. It doesn't change the throwing distance to 30 for bombs. Also, the text on one screen shows something about you getting a familiar not increased range. Sorry, computer still installing updates so can't view it right now.

wheredoigo August 3rd, 2018 07:19 AM

Submitted this bug yesterday: After entering the Custom Name for "Other" deity you still get a validation error. Seems there is a field for deity alignment which isn't appearing in the table.

ShadowChemosh August 3rd, 2018 08:03 AM

To make sure everyone knows posting bugs in this thread does NOT report it to LW. You must REPORT BUGS HERE to get them fixed. I mean sharing for others is cool but you need to report the bug. :)

You can also find a report bug from the Gear Icon in HLO.

nightpanda2810 August 3rd, 2018 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geodragon (Post 268814)
Alchemist - Far something. It doesn't change the throwing distance to 30 for bombs. Also, the text on one screen shows something about you getting a familiar not increased range. Sorry, computer still installing updates so can't view it right now.

Confirmed, submit report, adding to OP.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheredoigo (Post 268817)
Submitted this bug yesterday: After entering the Custom Name for "Other" deity you still get a validation error. Seems there is a field for deity alignment which isn't appearing in the table.

Confirmed, adding to OP.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 268818)
To make sure everyone knows posting bugs in this thread does NOT report it to LW. You must REPORT BUGS HERE to get them fixed. I mean sharing for others is cool but you need to report the bug. :)

You can also find a report bug from the Gear Icon in HLO.

Going to add this to OP.

wheredoigo August 3rd, 2018 07:46 PM

Added "bottled lightning" for free to a character and now cannot sell or otherwise remove it from character inventory. Reported as a bug just in case it is not user error.

*Edit* Refreshed HLO and the sell button appeared. Disregard.

Happydevil43 August 4th, 2018 04:17 PM

Barbarian - when raging, doesn't actually change the values:

Eg. HP doesn't increase, Attack doesn't increase, and Rage per day remains at 2/2

EDIT: AC does change.

not sure if its a bug or I am doing something wrong.

greymire874 August 4th, 2018 05:28 PM

I don't see the cleric dedication feat with the rest of them in the class feat section

ShadowChemosh August 4th, 2018 05:30 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happydevil43 (Post 268888)
Barbarian - when raging, doesn't actually change the values:

Eg. HP doesn't increase, Attack doesn't increase, and Rage per day remains at 2/2

EDIT: AC does change.

not sure if its a bug or I am doing something wrong.

The UI for this is very confusing. The 2/2 you seeing is the TEMP HP not the use to activate rage. Rage does not increase attack only damage and it works for 3 rounds then ends and then goes again for 3 rounds.

Here the Rage 4/4 is the Temp HP:
Attachment 5996

You don't need to actually ever turn this on as when you activate Rage it will turn on for you. HLO is incorrectly allowing you turn this on/off.

To actually turn Rage on you have to CLICK on the "Rage" ability on the right side:
Attachment 5997

Then at the bottom of the new window is the ability to turn Rage On/Off:
Attachment 5998

Happydevil43 August 4th, 2018 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 268893)
The UI for this is very confusing.

Absolutely - true!

I see now - I actually didn't see the damage change either, but have confirmed that it does.

Cheers

charlieluce August 4th, 2018 08:26 PM

Besides the Darkvison thing, the Hit Points and Speed for the Goblin are also incorrect. Bug reported.

vardeman August 4th, 2018 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlieluce (Post 268900)
Besides the Darkvison thing, the Hit Points and Speed for the Goblin are also incorrect. Bug reported.

But... but... I LIKE having 17 hp at first level!

RicoTheBold August 4th, 2018 08:50 PM

Gnomes are missing Sylvan in their languages.

nightpanda2810 August 4th, 2018 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlieluce (Post 268900)

The HP for the goblin I just made is correct. Speed issue confirmed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RicoTheBold (Post 268902)
Gnomes are missing Sylvan in their languages.

Confirmed. You report it?

wheredoigo August 5th, 2018 05:17 AM

All possible natural attacks under Animal Totem - Bestial Rage (claws, antlers, horns, etc.) are appearing on Play tab for Barbarian with Animal Totem even after an animal is selected on the Class tab.

RicoTheBold August 5th, 2018 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightpanda2810 (Post 268904)
The HP for the goblin I just made is correct. Speed issue confirmed.

Confirmed. You report it?

Yes, before I posted. Also, I'm definitely seeing the goblin having 8 HP at base (both in the text describing the race in HLO and in the actual calculations) instead of the 6 that's in the rulebook.

Here are a few more I reported this morning:

Druid animal companions (which are implemented, unlike familiars) have a validation error that a class needs to be selected.

The skill selection is confusing, since automatic levels stack with the displayed levels, so buying "expert" in something that you start trained (like Alcohol Lore for the Barkeep background) gives you the benefit of master. This leads into a bug: Validation occurs based on the displayed/chosen level, not the effective level. If you buy a skill that includes an automatic level in "Trained" (while only displaying Untrained, as described above) you can buy it up to Master (while only displaying Expert) or Legendary (while only displaying Master) earlier than intended (levels 7 for Master and 15 for Legendary).

On top of that, there's another error. If you buy a signature skill to Master at level 7, it complains "You have exceeded the proficiency level limit for skill upgrades allowed by your character level." The validation error goes away at level 9, so the level required for Master is apparently set to 9 instead of 7.

nightpanda2810 August 5th, 2018 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheredoigo (Post 268909)
All possible natural attacks under Animal Totem - Bestial Rage (claws, antlers, horns, etc.) are appearing on Play tab for Barbarian with Animal Totem even after an animal is selected on the Class tab.

Confirmed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RicoTheBold (Post 268911)
Yes, before I posted. Also, I'm definitely seeing the goblin having 8 HP at base (both in the text describing the race in HLO and in the actual calculations) instead of the 6 that's in the rulebook.

Here are a few more I reported this morning:

Druid animal companions (which are implemented, unlike familiars) have a validation error that a class needs to be selected.

The skill selection is confusing, since automatic levels stack with the displayed levels, so buying "expert" in something that you start trained (like Alcohol Lore for the Barkeep background) gives you the benefit of master. This leads into a bug: Validation occurs based on the displayed/chosen level, not the effective level. If you buy a skill that includes an automatic level in "Trained" (while only displaying Untrained, as described above) you can buy it up to Master (while only displaying Expert) or Legendary (while only displaying Master) earlier than intended (levels 7 for Master and 15 for Legendary).

On top of that, there's another error. If you buy a signature skill to Master at level 7, it complains "You have exceeded the proficiency level limit for skill upgrades allowed by your character level." The validation error goes away at level 9, so the level required for Master is apparently set to 9 instead of 7.

AH, I understand what's going on now. I made the goblin classless (with a CON modifier of +2) so it seemed fine. Didn't realize the class specifically is what added the CON bonus to HP.

I can't figure out where to add the actual animal companion. Everything I click on has no options to choose.

I noticed the free trained skill issue, but wasn't sure it if it was a bug.

Confirmed error for master skills.

RicoTheBold August 5th, 2018 11:59 AM

The animal companion is configurable (once the feat is added) by clicking on the characters button at the top. Instead of just going back to the character select, a little drop-down choice appears letting you hit All Characters to go back or Animal Companion to configure the animal companion. To return to the main character, you do the same thing.

Edit: And yeah, I wasn't sure the skill display was a bug either (the alternative just being really confusing design) but letting you configure past the intended limits without a warning is clearly a bug.

nightpanda2810 August 6th, 2018 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RicoTheBold (Post 268929)
The animal companion is configurable (once the feat is added) by clicking on the characters button at the top. Instead of just going back to the character select, a little drop-down choice appears letting you hit All Characters to go back or Animal Companion to configure the animal companion. To return to the main character, you do the same thing.

Edit: And yeah, I wasn't sure the skill display was a bug either (the alternative just being really confusing design) but letting you configure past the intended limits without a warning is clearly a bug.

Found and confirmed animal companion bug.

I would assume you couldn't make a skill expert at 1 even if it starts at trained, but unsure how that works. I KNOW you can't add 2 ranks to one for Expert.

Aaron August 6th, 2018 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightpanda2810 (Post 268972)
Found and confirmed animal companion bug.

Accessing the animal companion through that menu is not a bug, it's working just like how you go to your drone in SF, as intended.

Medriev August 6th, 2018 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greymire874 (Post 268892)
I don't see the cleric dedication feat with the rest of them in the class feat section

As far as I can see, the Cleric Dedication and Wizard Dedication feat chains are missing. I've reported.

nightpanda2810 August 6th, 2018 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron (Post 268986)
Accessing the animal companion through that menu is not a bug, it's working just like how you go to your drone in SF, as intended.

Nono, lol. Referring to the validation error about missing class on the companion. I just quoted the reply that led me to find the companion :o

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medriev (Post 268996)
As far as I can see, the Cleric Dedication and Wizard Dedication feat chains are missing. I've reported.

Confirmed.

RicoTheBold August 6th, 2018 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightpanda2810 (Post 268972)
I would assume you couldn't make a skill expert at 1 even if it starts at trained, but unsure how that works. I KNOW you can't add 2 ranks to one for Expert.

You know, I didn't even consider that. The rules say for initial skills:
Quote:

When you choose your character's class, you also select a number of skills equal to this number; your character gains the trained proficiency rank in those skills.
And for Skill Increases:

Quote:

This section specifies the levels at which your character can increase her proficiency rank in a skill. At 3rd level and every 2 levels thereafter, most classes grant a skill increase, though rogues gain them earlier and more often. Your character can use this skill increase to either become trained in one skill in which she’s untrained or become an expert in one skill in which she’s already trained.
If your character is at least 7th level, she can use this skill increase to become a master of a signature skill of which she’s already an expert. If she’s at least 15th level, she can use this increase to become legendary in a signature skill of which she’s already a master.
So it's failing at validation for when you're allowed to get expert when you start trained from something else, since that's supposed to only be at level 2 for rogues and level 3 for everyone else.

kwiqsilver August 6th, 2018 05:14 PM

Natural ambition (Human ancestry feat) doesn't give me an extra class feat. If I try to take a second class feat, it displays an error.

nightpanda2810 August 6th, 2018 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RicoTheBold (Post 269033)
You know, I didn't even consider that. The rules say for initial skills:

And for Skill Increases:

So it's failing at validation for when you're allowed to get expert when you start trained from something else, since that's supposed to only be at level 2 for rogues and level 3 for everyone else.

Nice find! I couldn't find it myself, but I didn't look all that hard lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwiqsilver (Post 269036)
Natural ambition (Human ancestry feat) doesn't give me an extra class feat. If I try to take a second class feat, it displays an error.

It's working for me. What class? Worked for Bard.

Note: Some classes don't get a level 1 class feat.

kwiqsilver August 6th, 2018 05:40 PM

Wizard...which doesn't get a free class feat. So that explains that.

I also noticed HLO shows the attack bonus for the Evoker Force Bolt power as:
Level + Untrained
I would think it should be:
Level + Trained + INT mod
like Acid Splash or Ray of Frost.

nightpanda2810 August 7th, 2018 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwiqsilver (Post 269040)

I also noticed HLO shows the attack bonus for the Evoker Force Bolt power as:
Level + Untrained
I would think it should be:
Level + Trained + INT mod
like Acid Splash or Ray of Frost.

Confirmed.

Also, am I supposed to need a different spellbook for my school spells? Doesn't seem to let me use a spellbook for all spells without a validation error. I've read nothing on the wizard aside from what I needed to check this.

ShadowChemosh August 7th, 2018 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwiqsilver (Post 269040)

Can you provide more details on this. I built a level 1 human wizard with Natural Ambition feat. It allowed me to choose a 1st level Wizard feat. Are you seeing something different?

nightpanda2810 August 7th, 2018 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 269087)
Can you provide more details on this. I built a level 1 human wizard with Natural Ambition feat. It allowed me to choose a 1st level Wizard feat. Are you seeing something different?

Pretty sure he's referring to my previous post that Wizard's don't get a level 1 class feat, and he IS getting one now with Natural Ambition.

ShadowChemosh August 7th, 2018 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightpanda2810 (Post 269090)
Pretty sure he's referring to my previous post that Wizard's don't get a level 1 class feat, and he IS getting one now with Natural Ambition.

Ok... Cool.. Yeah it was a little confusing to read just wanted to make sure I was on the same page. :)

Mathias August 8th, 2018 07:04 AM

I'd really like to remind everyone that there's a bug report option inside the program, from the gear icon at the top right. Please do not delay when your bug gets addressed by posting it here before reporting it as a bug. And once you've reported it, why spend time writing it out a second time?

rob August 8th, 2018 07:39 AM

To piggy back on Mathias' comment above...

When you report a bug here, it may take a couple days before we get it into the official bug tracking system we use. In addition, it takes us extra time to do that, which means time we're not actually fixing bugs.

In contrast, if you report the bug through the option provided within the product, it goes immediately into the official bug tracking system. So it speeds up our ability to get the bug fixed in two ways. :)

Thanks!

wheredoigo August 8th, 2018 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mathias (Post 269112)
I'd really like to remind everyone that there's a bug report option inside the program, from the gear icon at the top right. Please do not delay when your bug gets addressed by posting it here before reporting it as a bug. And once you've reported it, why spend time writing it out a second time?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob (Post 269113)
To piggy back on Mathias' comment above...

When you report a bug here, it may take a couple days before we get it into the official bug tracking system we use. In addition, it takes us extra time to do that, which means time we're not actually fixing bugs.

In contrast, if you report the bug through the option provided within the product, it goes immediately into the official bug tracking system. So it speeds up our ability to get the bug fixed in two ways. :)

Thanks!

I think the point of this is so end users can see a list of known and reported bugs. I know that I am reporting bugs before entering them here. Hopefully this will reduce the number of "Is this a bug?" threads. I know I am reporting bugs through the tracking system prior to mentioning them here. Hopefully everyone else is doing the same.

charlieluce August 8th, 2018 08:06 AM

Exactly. I need to keep track of bugs so that I can adjust characters in my playtest group until the applicable bug(s) are fixed (I have two Goblins in the main character group, for example).

We tend to trust Hero Lab, so it's not like we carefully audit each character after we build them, after all.

rob August 8th, 2018 08:07 AM

Good point! In light of that, allow me to add...

If you've already reported a bug through the official system and are simply repeating it here for others to be aware, please note that detail in your post here. That way, we know not to log it into the official system again! :)