Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Qingong monk diamond soul (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=53846)

FluffyDingo September 14th, 2015 08:47 AM

Qingong monk diamond soul

Recently discovered that if you select diamond soul as a qingong monk power, the spell resistance is always 10, not taking into account your level as it should. I'm submitting an error report for it, but in the meantime i need a fix. I believe the problem is that it is trying to access field[allLvl] which is not a part of the ability selected via a configurable menu. Instead it likely needs to access a hero.? field for the total monk levels of the hero, but the code for that is totally slipping my mind.

Togainu September 14th, 2015 08:58 AM

Edit nvm I missunderstood what you meant here

Mathias September 14th, 2015 09:03 AM

Check monk/unchained monk - if it works for some characters and not others, that's a candidate for the reason for the bug.

FluffyDingo September 14th, 2015 10:10 AM

That's actually how i discovered it. I made an unchained monk, picked qingong power as a ki power, then diamond soul. Seeing that it didn't compute correctly, i made a normal qingong monk and selected diamond soul, to the same results.

I tried to do a fix myself to get by for the moment, but forgot the snipped to code i need. How do i pull the total level of the base hero? Hero.field[TotalLvl].value seems to be missing something...

ShadowChemosh September 14th, 2015 11:08 AM

So looking at this quickly I made a level 12 unchained monk with Diamond Soul and no issues. It correctly shows SR 22. For a normal monk gains Diamond Soul at level 13 and it correctly shows SR 23. Do you have anything that is overwriting the ability?

The field a custom special should be using is field[xTotalLev].value which is what the ability is using.

Togainu September 14th, 2015 11:10 AM

Shadow you are allowed to replace the "official" diamond soul for something else as an qinggong monk by doing so losing the working (original) ability.

If you do that and use the 14th level Ki power version (qinggong selection) of it. It will be stuck on SR 10

ShadowChemosh September 14th, 2015 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Togainu (Post 215825)
Shadow you are allowed to replace the "official" diamond soul for something else as an qinggong monk by doing so losing the working (original) ability.

If you do that and use the 14th level Ki power version (qinggong selection) of it. It will be stuck on SR 10

But that does not work with the Unchained Monk. So I assumed he was simply saying the qingogog power that the Unchained Monk gets and it works fine sense it can't take the archetype.

Togainu September 14th, 2015 11:35 AM

Ok, so currently there are 2 situations going on

1. Monk (qinggong monk archetype)
Replacing Diamond soul (10+monk level) for Ki power
Then later obtaining Diamond soul as Ki power under Qinggoing power tab (10 instead of 10+monk level)

2. Unchained monk
Picking Qinggong power at the monk tab
Then under the Qinggoing power tab select diamond soul (10 instead of 10+monk level) (work around in my eyes is just to pick the diamond soul from the monk tab instead of qinggong power till the power version is fixed)

picking diamond soul in the monk tab works as (10+monk level)

FluffyDingo September 14th, 2015 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Togainu (Post 215827)
Ok, so currently there are 2 situations going on

1. Monk (qinggong monk archetype)
Replacing Diamond soul (10+monk level) for Ki power
Then later obtaining Diamond soul as Ki power under Qinggoing power tab (10 instead of 10+monk level)

2. Unchained monk
Picking Qinggong power at the monk tab
Then under the Qinggoing power tab select diamond soul (10 instead of 10+monk level) (work around in my eyes is just to pick the diamond soul from the monk tab instead of qinggong power till the power version is fixed)

picking diamond soul in the monk tab works as (10+monk level)

This is correct. The whole issue stems from using the Qingong power to select it, due to the field[xTotalLev].value referencing a field that isn't present in the ability due to how it is added.

Aaron September 14th, 2015 02:12 PM

That does sound like a bug. In the meantime there is an adjustment you can add to set an appropriate SR for your character on the Adjust tab.