Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Savage Worlds (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Sundered Skies (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=13470)

tatteredking July 13th, 2011 04:10 AM

Sundered Skies

Just putting this out there. I have almost completed the Sundered Skies file. It's no where near perfect as there are certain things I can't figure out how to do, but it is better than nothing.

Grimmshade July 15th, 2011 02:09 PM

Sweet! I would gladly accept a copy.
I really want to thank you guys who are working on these files. They will make Hero Labs actually useful to people like me. I was really regretting my Savage Worlds Hero Lab purchase, but now its becoming a good resource thanks to your work.

CapedCrusader July 16th, 2011 02:07 AM

What other Settings are you playing?

Grimmshade July 16th, 2011 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CapedCrusader (Post 58744)
What other Settings are you playing?

I'm playing Weird War 2, Fantasy Companion, Thrilling Tales (& Pulp Toolkit), and Slipstream at the moment.
All with Savage Worlds Deluxe, of course.

tatteredking July 19th, 2011 08:34 AM

Heya Grimmshade. Am working out some bugs in the file right now, but will definitely get you a copy.

Grimmshade July 19th, 2011 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tatteredking (Post 58911)
Heya Grimmshade. Am working out some bugs in the file right now, but will definitely get you a copy.

Thanks man!

tatteredking July 28th, 2011 04:09 AM

Dear Gods....entering in the weapons....having to make seven copies of each weapon is BORING. And I just failed my Spirit check.

rob July 28th, 2011 10:51 AM

CapedCrusader is on point now for getting the Savage Worlds data files significantly overhauled, and he's making great progress. He's also on point for most forum questions about doing X or adding Y. However, this last post really grabbed my attention....

I don't anything about the Sundered Skies setting, so forgive my ignorance, but what is compelling you to make SEVEN copies of each weapon? I'm guessing there's a much easier way of doing this, so please explain.

tatteredking July 29th, 2011 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob (Post 59472)
CapedCrusader is on point now for getting the Savage Worlds data files significantly overhauled, and he's making great progress. He's also on point for most forum questions about doing X or adding Y. However, this last post really grabbed my attention....

I don't anything about the Sundered Skies setting, so forgive my ignorance, but what is compelling you to make SEVEN copies of each weapon? I'm guessing there's a much easier way of doing this, so please explain.

In sundered skies, steel is at a premium, so weapons are often made of lesser materials...gold, silver, lead, wood, bone, stone, bronze. As the Savage Worlds files don't offer an easy way to add a material to a weapon, they have to be put in seven times. Each material has a different weight, a different cost, certain materials like wood and bone, tend to break, while gold and lead tend to bend.

CapedCrusader July 29th, 2011 11:51 AM

Oof. Well, one of the things I'm going to be putting in is Magic Items for the Fantasy Companion. I don't know if there's going to be a component needed there for construction material like there is in the Pathfinder stuff. I'll take a look.