Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Need help for a -1 penalty on weapons (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=66652)

Sir_Taurinus December 31st, 2021 10:39 AM

Need help for a -1 penalty on weapons

Hi guys,

I have started using the editor to add new features to my Dark Sun campaign and I have followed the tutorials, but I am stuck in one point. Most standar weapons in Dark Sun (p.e. Long Sword) are non metal and therefore they have a -1 penalty on attack rolls and damage rolls. The penalty on attack rolls is not a problem, but I am unable of fixing the -1 on damage rolls.

Any suggestions for a text script to include in the eval script? I guess it must be pretty simple, but I am not that skilled in hero lab editor yet...

Thanks in advance...

Dami December 31st, 2021 01:40 PM

Take a look at weapon materials - both Bone and Gold have a -2 damage penalty. You should be able to copy what has been done.

Sir_Taurinus January 1st, 2022 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dami (Post 297844)
Take a look at weapon materials - both Bone and Gold have a -2 damage penalty. You should be able to copy what has been done.

Thanks a lot. I will have a look at that!!!

Sir_Taurinus January 1st, 2022 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir_Taurinus (Post 297846)
Thanks a lot. I will have a look at that!!!

Sorry once more, but I am unable to change the material within the weapon, so I cannot apply the bone thing as material and benefit from the damage penalty.

Any suggestions? Thanks

Dami January 1st, 2022 03:00 PM

I was suggesting that you copy what they did for the damage penalty. An alternative is to use (or copy) the "Damage Penalty" adjustment.

How are you applying an attack penalty to your Dark Sun equipment?

Are you creating copies of the items in the Editor, have you created you own non-metal material that you apply, or are you using an adjustment? In either of those cases you can add a damage penalty the same way.

An new adjustment or material is likely the easiest, because you can put both the attack and damage penalties together and add it to any weapon that you need the effect on.

Sir_Taurinus January 3rd, 2022 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dami (Post 297849)
I was suggesting that you copy what they did for the damage penalty. An alternative is to use (or copy) the "Damage Penalty" adjustment.

How are you applying an attack penalty to your Dark Sun equipment?

Are you creating copies of the items in the Editor, have you created you own non-metal material that you apply, or are you using an adjustment? In either of those cases you can add a damage penalty the same way.

An new adjustment or material is likely the easiest, because you can put both the attack and damage penalties together and add it to any weapon that you need the effect on.

Hi. Thanks for your help. Everything is solved now. I create a copy of the weapon with the -1 attack bonus and customized it later with the new material for the -1 damage. It is working ok now. Thanks again