Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - d20 System (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Questions and issues and a solution (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=7527)

lupi April 7th, 2008 05:09 PM

Questions and issues and a solution

This seems like an odd thing to ask for I've been using Hero Lab for quite a while now...is there a way to turn off the configure your new hero tab that pops up when you launch the program? I know you can just double click on an existing profile to launch but I would like the option of the game launching and then giving me the opportunity to load the profile I wish to, instead of always creating a new character and then loading the profile I need.

I do get the following error when I load a couple of profiles after the 2.0 update :
Critical information not found in data files: Ruleset 'OptShowLWD'

Also, I can't seem to move money from my cleric to my horse...perhaps this is in the design, but keeping money in saddle bags seems like a much better idea than lugging it all around all the time.

Any ideas?

One last thing for Vista users, I was unable to use the automatic update downloading with Vista until I enabled the application to run as adminstrator and then it would successfully download new updates.

Thanks

And really nice job on 2.0...love the new features.

Mathias April 7th, 2008 10:58 PM

The ruleset error would be fixed by going in to the clipboard on the configure hero dialog - it's probably refering to the rule "Show Lone Wolf Content".

Moving money is something they've said they're working on. Currently, delete it from the character, and add it to the horse through the journal tab.

rob April 8th, 2008 05:14 PM

At 06:09 PM 4/7/2008, you wrote:
Quote:

One last thing for Vista users, I was unable to use the automatic update downloading with Vista until I enabled the application to run as adminstrator and then it would successfully download new updates.
You should also be able to get the Updates mechanism to work by configuring Vista to allow HL access to the internet. Depending on your security settings, Vista will lock down everything out of paranoia for normal user accounts. The administrator account bypasses these protections. You can reconfigure Vista to grant access to various programs, which should do the trick for you.

Colen April 17th, 2008 05:26 PM

lupi wrote:
>
>
> This seems like an odd thing to ask for I've been using Hero Lab for
> quite a while now...is there a way to turn off the configure your new
> hero tab that pops up when you launch the program? I know you can just
> double click on an existing profile to launch but I would like the
> option of the game launching and then giving me the opportunity to load
> the profile I wish to, instead of always creating a new character and
> then loading the profile I need.

The next version of HL will have an "Open" button on the Configure Hero
form, which will let you directly open a hero without having to go to
File -> Open. Hopefully this will give you what you want. :)

Thanks,

--
Colen McAlister, colen@wolflair.com
Chief Engineer, Lone Wolf Development