Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Network timeout when syncing one of my realms (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=59671)

Shadowy_one December 1st, 2017 11:42 PM

Network timeout when syncing one of my realms

Hi!

For several days now I've not been able to sync one of my realms on one of my Computers. (I have two.) I don't have any Problems on the other Computer or with my other realms (I currently have five.). My player also don't have problems syncing this realm.

Has anyone ever encountered this Problem? Any ideas on how I can fix it without having to completely reinstall my computer?

Thanks in advace.

Cheers,

Shadowy_one

daplunk December 1st, 2017 11:46 PM

I used to have this a lot on a wireless connection that turned out to be dodgy.

kbs666 December 2nd, 2017 12:33 AM

How big is the realm in question? I've had some issues syncing a big realm over WiFi.

Shadowy_one December 2nd, 2017 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbs666 (Post 259678)
How big is the realm in question? I've had some issues syncing a big realm over WiFi.

It's a really big realm, but I'm connected via LAN nocht WiFi. :(

kbs666 December 2nd, 2017 05:28 AM

Is your connection spotty? A sync requires a stable connection throughout the operation.

Shadowy_one December 2nd, 2017 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbs666 (Post 259683)
Is your connection spotty? A sync requires a stable connection throughout the operation.

Not that I've noticed. It worked fine up until about two weeks ago. I've had this happen before. Then I reinstalled My Computer and the Problem was solved, but I don't want to do that again everytime...

HippyCraig December 2nd, 2017 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowy_one (Post 259685)
Not that I've noticed. It worked fine up until about two weeks ago. I've had this happen before. Then I reinstalled My Computer and the Problem was solved, but I don't want to do that again everytime...

Try testing using a speed test it might show if you having spotty service you can also try unplugging you modem if you have one for 10 minutes and plug it back in. This will get the modem to phone home for a new public IP address Sometimes they don’t renew properly and this will force it to

Shadowy_one December 2nd, 2017 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HippyCraig (Post 259686)
Try testing using a speed test it might show if you having spotty service you can also try unplugging you modem if you have one for 10 minutes and plug it back in. This will get the modem to phone home for a new public IP address Sometimes they don’t renew properly and this will force it to

I can try that, but I doubt it will solve the problem. A Laptop (using WiFi) in the same LAN is syncing just fine. My guess is that it is some Setting on my PC.

kbs666 December 2nd, 2017 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowy_one (Post 259688)
I can try that, but I doubt it will solve the problem. A Laptop (using WiFi) in the same LAN is syncing just fine. My guess is that it is some Setting on my PC.

Then I'd try these things:

1) Compress your DB and then sync all your realms.
Launch RW -> Login -> Tools -> Manage DataBase -> Compress Database
Then sync all.

If that doesn't improve things:
2) reinstall RW and your local data. Backup your DB before hand in case thing don't work out so you don't lose your data.

If neither of those things fixes things I'd guess the problem is in your OS and not in RW. RW might be simply the first app to detect the problem.

Shadowy_one December 4th, 2017 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbs666 (Post 259698)
Then I'd try these things:

1) Compress your DB and then sync all your realms.
Launch RW -> Login -> Tools -> Manage DataBase -> Compress Database
Then sync all.

If that doesn't improve things:
2) reinstall RW and your local data. Backup your DB before hand in case thing don't work out so you don't lose your data.

If neither of those things fixes things I'd guess the problem is in your OS and not in RW. RW might be simply the first app to detect the problem.

Tried it, didn't work. It's definitely a Problem in the OS. Never doubted that. If it weren't I would be having the same Problem on the other Computer as well...