Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Character Sheets by Dyslexic Studios on Hero Lab? (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=21151)

apoca6 May 14th, 2012 09:18 AM

Character Sheets by Dyslexic Studios on Hero Lab?

Hi folks,

I really love the custom output all ready on HL but it would be awesome if we could get one like the Character Sheets by Dyslexic Studeos. Has anyone tried to convert them?

They are open source so not an issue in that sense and i would do it myself if i had a clue what i was doing :p

Cheers,

Apoc

Maidhc O Casain May 20th, 2012 03:51 AM

I'll put in a HUGE second for this request! I love these sheets, but don't have the time OR the expertise to even attempt this.

Here's a link in case anyone wants to have a crack at it:

Dyslexic Studios Character Sheets

MarkNorfolk May 20th, 2012 05:46 AM

It would be an immense job but I love these sheets and my party use them. This would one that I would pay for LW so you can put it in a 'package', and pay some one to do it.

Cheers
Mark

Maidhc O Casain July 1st, 2012 04:07 AM

Would making a custom output from this be possible? And would it help that the source code for the originals is freely available?

Starcloud July 3rd, 2012 03:03 PM

Character sheets are XML code. It would be possible to code up the sheet.

I wouldn't be able to do it; I haven't learned XML.

Soulkeeper July 5th, 2012 06:34 AM

While I've never used it to do so, does not Adobe Pro export to XML? Looking at the sheets, I wonder if the author could export the "layout" to XML and then have someone add the variables from HL to fill in the values?

ShadowChemosh July 5th, 2012 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soulkeeper (Post 86167)
While I've never used it to do so, does not Adobe Pro export to XML? Looking at the sheets, I wonder if the author could export the "layout" to XML and then have someone add the variables from HL to fill in the values?

Its not actually XML its XSLT which is a XML based translation language. In this case it translates the XML from HL into HTML. So getting an XML layout would maybe help a little but it would still all have to be re-written in XSLT.

Tauburn July 9th, 2012 09:11 PM

The beauty of these sheets is the class specific features and would be like writing a new sheet for each class. However, I might try my hand at converting the generic front sheet and seeing what the response is like from there in terms of acceptance and testing. Just a fun little project while I search for a new campaign.

Maidhc O Casain July 10th, 2012 03:23 PM

That would be awesome - a start might lead to bigger and better things!

And I agree, the best thing about these sheets is that there's basically a custom sheet for each class.

Cantello April 18th, 2013 06:28 AM

This would really be friggin' great. I saw those sheets some days ago and thought: "Wow, why can't the app that I paid lots of money for print sheets like these?".

I like the basic PF sheets that HL produces and I also like AncientOne's but Dyslexic Studeos are top notch!