Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Feature Requests (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Copy a snippet in one easy move (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=58992)

Vargr August 18th, 2017 12:51 AM

Copy a snippet in one easy move

Earlier we could have several identical snippets when setting up a topic in Manage Categories.

Later this option was removed in order to facilitate import/export (I believe it was).

We can thankfully still add identical snippets in a topic we are adding data to.

However, it is a bit cumbersome involving a three-layer menu-dropdown and a (in some cases) very long list to choose from.

It would be sweet if an option was added to the top-level of the wrench simply stating "Adding similar snippet below this one" (probably a better wording can be found).

It would speed up things a lot and be useful.

Bidmaron August 18th, 2017 08:40 AM

+1 here too

Valyar August 18th, 2017 01:20 PM

+1 to that too

Greebo August 19th, 2017 01:42 AM

+1 sounds useful.

Merion August 21st, 2017 03:09 PM

Doesn't Ctrl+T do that? What am I missing?

Farling August 21st, 2017 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merion (Post 254548)
Doesn't Ctrl+T do that? What am I missing?

This request is for the category definition, not whilst editing topics.

Merion August 21st, 2017 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farling (Post 254563)
This request is for the category definition, not whilst editing topics.

Aah! Thanks, should have read more carfully. A +1 from me too then.

Vargr August 22nd, 2017 07:17 AM

@Merion:

In the topic CTRL+T adds a Text snippet below the one you are in.

It does not add a new snippet which type is identical to the one you are standing.

@Farling:

I actually meant for this to be used while editing topics :-)

Well, I guess I failed my "Coherent Speak" roll :-)

kbs666 August 22nd, 2017 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vargr (Post 254570)
@Merion:

In the topic CTRL+T adds a Text snippet below the one you are in.

It does not add a new snippet which type is identical to the one you are standing.

Not entirely true.

Ctrl + T adds a text snippet unless the snippet you're presently in is a GM directions snippet in which case the new snippet is that type as well.

I'm not sure if this intended behavior or a bug. I submitted a bug report on it a long time ago and never got a response.

Merion August 23rd, 2017 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbs666 (Post 254575)
Not entirely true.

Ctrl + T adds a text snippet unless the snippet you're presently in is a GM directions snippet in which case the new snippet is that type as well.

I'm not sure if this intended behavior or a bug. I submitted a bug report on it a long time ago and never got a response.

If it's a bug, please don't fix it - on the contrary, expand it so it adds whatever snippet your currently in. At least I would find that handy :)