Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works in Action (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   Share Your Screenshots! (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=57078)

BJ November 23rd, 2016 09:54 PM

Share Your Screenshots!

So now that we have a shiny new forum to play with, what is everyone working on?

I'd love to see screenshots or stories about all the fun things you're doing!

LeeSmith November 24th, 2016 04:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is how I set up my Monster Manuals in the Mechanics Reference.

EDIT: I set them up by Monster Type.

mazzy November 24th, 2016 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeSmith (Post 238603)
Here is how I set up my Monster Manuals in the Mechanics Reference.

EDIT: I set them up by Monster Type.

I'm always looking for ways to keep the topic listings short and this definitely fits the bill, thanks Lee!

BJ November 24th, 2016 07:46 AM

Very tidy!

AEIOU November 24th, 2016 09:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm a visual person so a concise stat block is helpful to me. And I like to embed a shortened version in encounters as a quick reminder so I include it in the monster description so I can cut/paste.

Most of the new 5e default snippets will be very situational (I mean, when is someone going to search for AC or HP or Ability Scores as a filter?) but there's no reason not to type a few more letters and numbers. I may eventually cut everything except Alignment, Challenge, Size and Type.

mazzy November 24th, 2016 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AEIOU (Post 238619)
I'm a visual person so a concise stat block is helpful to me. And I like to embed a shortened version in encounters as a quick reminder so I include it in the monster description so I can cut/paste.

Most of the new 5e default snippets will be very situational (I mean, when is someone going to search for AC or HP or Ability Scores as a filter?) but there's no reason not to type a few more letters and numbers. I may eventually cut everything except Alignment, Challenge, Size and Type.

Totally digging the stat block! Did you just create a table and format it like that? Thanks for sharing :)

daplunk November 24th, 2016 04:11 PM

Yeah that stat block... that's sexy.

AEIOU November 24th, 2016 07:36 PM

I started with a complicated table that I'd cut/paste from Excel. But I'm lazy at heart so I keep refining. This table is just a simple one made in RW, shaded the same yellow as GM notes and given a maroon border. I can add rows if needed for spells or whatnot. I use the stat block on the monster and NPC listings, and the condensed stat block in encounters.

To populate the stat block, I create the mob/NPC in HeroLab so I can create encounters and use them in d20pro, output the mob/NPC statblock to PDF, then copy/paste the lines into the table and change the font to Tahoma. Super simple.

daplunk November 24th, 2016 08:00 PM

I must admit, I don't put the stat blocks into RW with the exception of the HL Snippet. I don't need it because all combat is handled in HL. But... it looks so good!

Exmortis November 25th, 2016 03:34 AM

5 Attachment(s)
For fun I wondered how man screenashots to show off what I have entered in my latest project, "Return to Temple of Elemental Evil".

!6, and I am about 2/3rds or so done.

5 of 16 here.