Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Hero Lab Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Feature Request: Update Nags (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=55126)

charlieluce February 23rd, 2016 05:40 PM

Feature Request: Update Nags

It would be nice if Hero Lab didn't bother me about updates to systems that I haven't downloaded, much less purchased.

MNBlockHead February 23rd, 2016 07:10 PM

+100 I don't want to see a list of updates for Systems I don't have installed. In the dropdown filter list in the lower right of the update diaglog box, add an option to only show updates for owned systems (or "My systems only").

Also, after I've downloaded and applied an update, that update still appears in the list. I never know what updates are new.

AndrewD2 February 23rd, 2016 07:54 PM

Well you can always delete the folders of the systems you don't own, then it won't show those anymore.

MNBlockHead February 23rd, 2016 08:59 PM

That only removes the list of systems in the system-selection screen, not the list of updates. Unless I'm missing another folder.

I deleted the folders of the systems I don't own from the following directory:

C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\data

Is there another location I should remove folders from so that the updates for these systems don't appear in the find-updates screen?

ShadowChemosh February 23rd, 2016 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MNBlockHead (Post 224780)
That only removes the list of systems in the system-selection screen, not the list of updates. Unless I'm missing another folder.

I deleted the folders of the systems I don't own from the following directory:

C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\data

Is there another location I should remove folders from so that the updates for these systems don't appear in the find-updates screen?

Nope your done now. Can't remove from the updates list. Which makes sense because what happens tomorrow if you want to download Pathfinder or Shadowrun?

Farling February 23rd, 2016 11:55 PM

A tick box in the updates window would help. To either show everything, or only for the systems for which you're licensed/downloaded.

(Bearing in mind that projects built with the Authoring Kit might have updates available, but are not actually licensed projects).

zero_traveler February 25th, 2016 06:55 AM

Not sure if this is where this goes...

Something is up with the way my Herolab updates?

It tells me there's an update for HeroLab, so I click the "Go ahead and update" button.

It downloads the Update file.

Then it tells me that HeroLab will automatically close and update, and I click "Ok".

And nothing happens. It just sits there on the list of Updates I had just opened.

It doesn't actually try to update until I manually close out of HeroLab. Is something out of whack, or what?

ShadowChemosh February 25th, 2016 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zero_traveler (Post 224912)
Not sure if this is where this goes...

Something is up with the way my Herolab updates?

It tells me there's an update for HeroLab, so I click the "Go ahead and update" button.

It downloads the Update file.

Then it tells me that HeroLab will automatically close and update, and I click "Ok".

And nothing happens. It just sits there on the list of Updates I had just opened.

It doesn't actually try to update until I manually close out of HeroLab. Is something out of whack, or what?

This sounds like a bug actually that should be reported to LW by sending them an email at support@wolflair.com.