Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Army Builder (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Problem with effective unit size (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=6349)

retaf33c August 6th, 2006 10:16 AM

Problem with effective unit size

I have a unit whose minimum size is two soldiers with a champion attached as a child unit.

The unit is allowed up to 5 champions with a unit size between 3 and 10.

Since the Champions count towards the unit size I've made sure they are tagged as effective.

Now the problem. If I set the unit size to min=2, max = 10 I get two soldiers and the one attached champion as I want for the starting size. However, I'm able to decrement the number of soldiers to one soldier and one champion which is not legal.

If on the other hand I change the unit size to min=3. I get three soldiers and one champion, which isn't correct as a starting unit, but it doesn't allow me to reduce the number of soldiers until I add additional champions thereby keeping the effective size at three.

What I want is a min=3, start=2, max=10 so the unit is started with 2 soldiers and a champion.

Recommendations would be appreciated.

rob August 7th, 2006 02:11 PM

Can't you do exactly as you request? In addition to setting the minimum and maximum, you can also specify the starting count. So I think you should be able to specify the starting count as 2 and have a single champion as a child. Is that not working?

-Rob

At 11:16 AM 8/6/2006, you wrote:

Quote:

I have a unit whose minimum size is two soldiers with a champion attached as a child unit.

The unit is allowed up to 5 champions with a unit size between 3 and 10.

Since the Champions count towards the unit size I've made sure they are tagged as effective.

Now the problem. If I set the unit size to min=2, max = 10 I get two soldiers and the one attached champion as I want for the starting size. However, I'm able to decrement the number of soldiers to one soldier and one champion which is not legal.

If on the other hand I change the unit size to min=3. I get three soldiers and one champion, which isn't correct as a starting unit, but it doesn't allow me to reduce the number of soldiers until I add additional champions thereby keeping the effective size at three.

What I want is a min=3, start=2, max=10 so the unit is started with 2 soldiers and a champion.

Recommendations would be appreciated.

HakujinGrande August 7th, 2006 06:23 PM

Didn't you add warnings or errors to prevent such a thing?

retaf33c August 8th, 2006 12:53 PM

Rob, I don't think it is working. If I put a starting size = 2 and the minimum size 3, the starting size was ignored when the unit was added to the army.

I ended up with an alternative solution when I couldn't get this to work. Since the unit required at least one champion, the initial champion was not tagged as effective. I then dropped the minimum and maximum size by one. In other words, I set min=2 and max=9. That way the unit starts out with 2 soldiers and one champion. Only if a second champion is added can the number of soldiers be reduced to 1.

rob August 19th, 2006 11:13 PM

That sounds like a solid workaround. Good thinking!

-Rob

At 01:53 PM 8/8/2006, you wrote:

Quote:

Rob, I don't think it is working. If I put a starting size = 2 and the minimum size 3, the starting size was ignored when the unit was added to the army.

I ended up with an alternative solution when I couldn't get this to work. Since the unit required at least one champion, the initial champion was not tagged as effective. I then dropped the minimum and maximum size by one. In other words, I set min=2 and max=9. That way the unit starts out with 2 soldiers and one champion. Only if a second champion is added can the number of soldiers be reduced to 1.