Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Pathfinder Community Packs (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=51966)

ShadowChemosh April 7th, 2017 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psych777 (Post 247612)
seems to be working fine to me

Nice. Thanks! :)

ShadowChemosh April 7th, 2017 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skarn (Post 247359)
Yet another Community Pack (CP) Eberron bug report.

CP v1.7 has the Artificer as a memorization caster. However, Eberron Campaign Setting, p. 31 states that they can spontaneously choose at 'casting' time from the entire list of available infusions.

Hey Good News. Aaron fixed the "Unrestricted" caster type in Pathfinder to actually work. Thanks Aaron!! :)

So this will be changed in the next Pack update. I also tested to see how the change would affect existing characters and it doesn't break them. I love it when a plan comes together! ;)

Aaron April 7th, 2017 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 247618)
Hey Good News. Aaron fixed the "Unrestricted" caster type in Pathfinder to actually work. Thanks Aaron!! :)

So this will be changed in the next Pack update. I also tested to see how the change would affect existing characters and it doesn't break them. I love it when a plan comes together! ;)

Don't get used to it! I don't need that kinda pressure! ;)

ShadowChemosh April 7th, 2017 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron (Post 247621)

Sorry. I meant it in a good way and trying to say thanks. But true no one should expect it.

Aaron April 7th, 2017 06:40 PM

Just joking around, man. Don't take anything with a winky emoticon too seriously!

ErinRigh April 8th, 2017 06:17 AM

One small step for Hero Lab, One giant leap for Aaron-kind ;)

Sturmrider April 8th, 2017 08:11 PM

New Laptop and new license Community packs

Hi all,

I just got a new laptop and installed Herolab, purchased an additional license, and started to set things up.

I then went to get the community packs. I clicked on Find Updates, then added a new source the http://www.shadowsoftware.net/herola...rd/updates.xml

After I click Ok it tells me the updates are there, but will not be available until I restart HeroLab. I have now restarted it 5 times and still no community pack to download or import.

The question is am I missing an important step somewhere in there.

Thank you all for your help.

Regards,

Larry

charlieluce April 8th, 2017 09:39 PM

When you start Hero Lab and click on Find Updates, is there a line in the Latest Updates window near the bottom (you may have to scroll) that says Pathfinder Pack (v 1.7) under Name of Update? If so, click the name (it should highlight) and then Download and it should do so. If it's not there, do you have Show All Updates (or Show Data Files) selected in the drop-down near the lower right of the window?

Sturmrider April 9th, 2017 05:11 AM

They weren't last night, my laptop wouldn't even let me scroll down it said that's all there was. I tried showing data files then went back to showing all updates and suddenly I had a scroll bar.

I think it has to do with the laptop. I was informed yesterday by tech support that Windows 10 is rolling out a huge update and it is affecting a lot of computers. This may be what it was I don't know, but thank you for your help switching back and forth seemed to do the trick.

Regards,

Larry

Skarn April 9th, 2017 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 247360)
No such concept exists in Pathfinder and no rule at the time of implementation existed in HL. Also why I had to pick Alchemist as caster type to get something that was not Divine/Arcane.

There does now appear to be a "Unrestricted" casting class option actually. I have no idea how badly this will screw up existing characters if I make this change.

Update: As I assumed the Unrestricted option has never been kept up to date and has strange issues when used. The worst being you can only cast each spell "one" time.

Thanks for the info. :) Its easy enough to work around.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 247618)

Cool! Thanks for the work, and the 80's reference. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron (Post 247621)

Greatly appreciated, sir.

As to expectations . . . expect the worst but hope for the best. The best just happened. :)