Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   unique ID error (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=14011)

concerro September 21st, 2011 12:23 PM

unique ID error

I am trying to create a race, but I keep getting an error
File: "file name".user(line 3)-Thing- Invalid unique id

What could be causing that?

Mathias September 21st, 2011 12:27 PM

Did you make any copies? The copies have question marks in their Ids, and ? aren't allowed in Ids, so you'll need to delete the copies before you try to test your real thing.

concerro September 21st, 2011 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mathias (Post 62872)
Did you make any copies? The copies have question marks in their Ids, and ? aren't allowed in Ids, so you'll need to delete the copies before you try to test your real thing.

No I don't have any copies. I even deleted all of the other files I was working on to make sure there is no cross interefence. That one file is the only instance of anything I am working on. I have no troubles with class/monster levels, but the races are not cooperating.

I was trying to recreate the mindflayer as my first project. I created mindblast as a spell, and that had an error also, but I think that one was line 41 or 43.

Mathias September 21st, 2011 12:34 PM

What did you enter as the "Unique Id" for each of the things you've created in the editor?

concerro September 21st, 2011 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mathias (Post 62876)
What did you enter as the "Unique Id" for each of the things you've created in the editor?

For the mindflayer I used several names. An example is Rmindflay1

For mindblast I used mindblast.

I do have to go soon, but I will check this thread when I get off work.

Mathias September 21st, 2011 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by concerro (Post 62881)
For the mindflayer I used several names. An example is Rmindflay1

For mindblast I used mindblast.

I do have to go soon, but I will check this thread when I get off work.

I think there's a character in one of those Ids that's not allowed for use in an Id, so I'd recommend listing all of the ones you used - that way, I can check them for anything that's not allowed.

concerro September 22nd, 2011 11:46 AM

I got home, started from scratch, and everything worked on the first go around. I even got mind blast to works.

I have a new issue however. I tried to create the battle sorcerer variant class from 3.5.

I "copied" the sorcerer base class, and made it availible for herolab. I then tried to add a bloodline, and I got the message "nothing to choose from".

Mathias September 22nd, 2011 11:56 AM

In the "Allow Custom Abilities?" option, you need to tell your new class that it can use the custom abilities that a Sorcerer uses.

concerro September 22nd, 2011 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mathias (Post 62962)
In the "Allow Custom Abilities?" option, you need to tell your new class that it can use the custom abilities that a Sorcerer uses.

Is that in the regular part of Herolab or the part where I design the new class?

Mathias September 22nd, 2011 12:37 PM

It's one of the editor options on the Class tab.