Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   WARNING! Unrecoverable infinite loop detected and broken. (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=63998)

Cards77 March 5th, 2020 07:13 AM

WARNING! Unrecoverable infinite loop detected and broken.

Portfolio evaluation aborted and current state is unknown. Cause of infinite loop is inappropriate dependencies based on the use of global tags.

Please notify data file author to correct the problem.

Can i get some help with this error? I built a new PC and changed everything over, but now i'm getting this error.

All of my PCs portfolios are unstable and this comes up every time I make any change.

Duggan March 5th, 2020 07:34 AM

I'm impressed... the Halting Problem is mildly difficult.

That said, I saw someone posting about a similar problem recently. Your first step is to back up your portfolio. Your next step will be to start removing characters to find if the problem is limited to a subset of them. The next step involves unwielding all items/weapons and disabling any active abilities or conditions. If that doesn't work, you're going to start removing abilities and equipment until you isolate which ones are causing the issue.

It's not really easy, but it is what you're probably going to have to do.

Do you know when the problem started happening?

Cards77 March 5th, 2020 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggan (Post 286688)
I'm impressed... the Halting Problem is mildly difficult.

That said, I saw someone posting about a similar problem recently. Your first step is to back up your portfolio. Your next step will be to start removing characters to find if the problem is limited to a subset of them. The next step involves unwielding all items/weapons and disabling any active abilities or conditions. If that doesn't work, you're going to start removing abilities and equipment until you isolate which ones are causing the issue.

It's not really easy, but it is what you're probably going to have to do.

Do you know when the problem started happening?

Started when I installed on a new machine. Maybe I am missing some files? I did create a few unique magic items of my own for several characters.

But I'm dead in the water. I have PCs to update and new sheets to make and I cannot do anything.

Mathias March 5th, 2020 08:31 AM

If you've created some custom items, if HL will let you, in the Tools menu, choose Explore Folders and Game System Data Folder. Then, find all the .user files in that folder, and move them to somewhere else (either create a sub-folder for temporary storage or stick them on the desktop). Now, restart HL and see if you're still getting the issue. If not, then put the .user files back one at a time until you isolate the problem.

Cards77 March 5th, 2020 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mathias (Post 286692)
If you've created some custom items, if HL will let you, in the Tools menu, choose Explore Folders and Game System Data Folder. Then, find all the .user files in that folder, and move them to somewhere else (either create a sub-folder for temporary storage or stick them on the desktop). Now, restart HL and see if you're still getting the issue. If not, then put the .user files back one at a time until you isolate the problem.

What if the custom items no longer exist on my new PC? Could that cause this?

I am guessing I did not backup my data folders, just my portfolios!

Ualaa March 5th, 2020 12:41 PM

You could try this: http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=63975

Cards77 March 26th, 2020 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ualaa (Post 286700)

Ok I'm trying this.

It seems to be related to an intelligent weapon that i had on this character.

Everything is fine when i create the weapon as normal.

But as soon as I add an alignment in "is intelligent" then I get the error.

Question is now, how to fix it?

Cards77 March 26th, 2020 10:02 AM

Also noticed a bug...there are no "At Will" abilities under intelligent weapons.

Why?

cebadec March 28th, 2020 04:59 PM

I too am getting this error. It appears to be tied to my AEGIS SUIT. Not sure what I can do to fix it. When I delete the suit it the error goes away. When I have the suit, the error shows up on everything that causes any sort of calculation. Any suggestions?

Thank you.