Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Hero Lab Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Ipad and Google Drive (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=58929)

kbs666 September 11th, 2017 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwiqsilver (Post 254653)
I have the same issue. It's not difficult to implement the Drive API. I've done it in Android. I don't see why they can't get it working in HeroLab.

It should never be the consuming programs duty to implement an API to use cloud storage. That would require writing new code for every one that comes out.

kwiqsilver September 11th, 2017 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbs666 (Post 255829)
It should never be the consuming programs duty to implement an API to use cloud storage. That would require writing new code for every one that comes out.

If they want to claim they support it, then they need to write the code to actually support it.

kbs666 September 12th, 2017 03:02 AM

*If* they claim to support it sure but I found one passing mention of Google Drive anywhere on the HL website and it wasn't in anything about HL accessing .por files from it.

Vynx September 14th, 2017 01:17 PM

I have the same issue with Google Drive. I understand the change but they add it to the app update, they must have tested it? No response from someone at wolflair?

AmbientPlatypus February 17th, 2018 05:22 PM

I also have this issue

It's now 2/17/2018 and I can't import any of my .por files from Google Drive on my iPad. LoneWolf, please fix this issue!:mad:

AmbientPlatypus February 17th, 2018 05:25 PM

I am also having this issue. It's now 2/17/2018 and it's not working to open .por files on an iPad using Google Drive. Greyed out. C'mon LoneWolf! Fix this...

BJ February 19th, 2018 10:04 PM

I have no idea why you're having this issue but I've pointed it out to the dev who handles these things and hopefully he will have an answer for us tomorrow. :)

Colen February 20th, 2018 07:58 AM

Hi everyone,

On the iPad, we support Apple's standard "document provider" API, which allows Hero Lab to retrieve files from various cloud services. Unfortunately, this doesn't work for some users who are using google drive - for other users (including me, and everyone at the company who I've asked to test it) it works fine. :(

This is a known bug which we're hoping to look into soon - as far as I can tell it's a bug with Apple's APIs (not our software), but I'm hoping to be able to work around it somehow. Sorry for the inconvenience, everyone!

LazarX March 8th, 2018 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fallenjack (Post 253943)
Hi,

When I try and import my portfolio via google drive using the "Import Portfolio" button, I can see my *.por files in my google drive folder but everything is grayed out. Am I missing something? I can see the files there but nothing is selectable.

Help :D

Are you using a computer or an IPad? And importantly, what version of your operating system on either? I was using an IPad 3 which is limited to IOS 9.3.5 and I was able to export to Google Drive but not import. Dropbox and ICloud work fine.

AmbientPlatypus July 22nd, 2018 12:06 PM

Google Drive and iPad vs Mac

@Colen - On my Mac, importing from Google Drive into HeroLab works without issue. It’s only on my iPad where this fails. Have the staff test with iPads.