Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   Conditions on a bootstrap (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=59511)

Enforcer84 November 14th, 2017 10:49 AM

Conditions on a bootstrap

Hey I'm trying to word this right, it's the bootstrap equivalent of the "if disabled get out of here."

so I have a natural weapon for a quasi shape-shifter that only works when in their 'combat' form.

is there a version of the "if (field[abilActive].value <> 0)" argument I can put in the bootstrap condition?

dungeonguru November 14th, 2017 01:52 PM

You can create a new tag to apply to the hero to check for and then write some scripts similar to what is in the Rage ability of the barbarian. When the ability button is checked, your scripts set Hero.ClawOK, so on your claw bootstrap you can check for Hero.ClawOK (as an example). You generally can create new tags in the .1st files (look at the community .1st files - they are just text).

Another thought is to set the livename and sbName on the Claw attack to be "Claw (Combat Mode Only)", like all the lycanthropes do. This leaves the claw stat on the sheet but at least in parentheses it shows not to use it.

Enforcer84 November 14th, 2017 02:26 PM

Yeah that second one probably works fine, but the first is intriguing :)
I'll look into that.

Enforcer84 November 14th, 2017 02:27 PM

Thank you for the response, by the way

ShadowChemosh November 14th, 2017 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enforcer84 (Post 258600)
is there a version of the "if (field[abilActive].value <> 0)" argument I can put in the bootstrap condition?

Like this:
Code:

fieldval:abilActive <> 0

Enforcer84 November 14th, 2017 02:51 PM

Thank you as well!

dungeonguru November 15th, 2017 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 258614)
Like this:
Code:

fieldval:abilActive <> 0

I always forget that way.

I have a followup ShadowChemosh if you could indulge. For this example, wClaw is probably being bootstrapped by the racial ability that you need to check the field for so the fieldvalue is local. What if you had wClaw external to that ability? Normally in a script you would check for the activation like:

Code:

hero.childfound[rAbility].field[abActive].value <> 0
would you have to composite the tag for a tag condition like:

Code:

thingid.rAbility & (fieldval:abilActive <> 0)
or is there a way to shorten it? I'm trying to figure out the details in the hlkitwiki site, but sometimes my brain doesn't interpret it correctly.

A secondary to this (to the code gods, not you ShadowChemosh) is why does fieldval only return the first integer digits encountered? It makes writing a decent script looking for CR values below 0.5 really hard since it always returns 0 for anything that has a decimal place and a leading 0.... :)

ShadowChemosh November 15th, 2017 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dungeonguru (Post 258634)
Code:

hero.childfound[rAbility].field[abActive].value <> 0

Simple answer is you can't. Pretty much you would need to then set a Local Variable like this:
Code:

field[abValue5].value = hero.childfound[rAbility].field[abActive].value
Then on the current Pick use the following in the boostrap condition:
Code:

fieldval:abValue5 <> 0
You can also do what you said above is set a tag on the hero container. The community can not create any tags that start with Hero.? as that is only for LW. What I did in the Pathfinder Community Pack is make up PackHero.? and PackHelper.? tag group that I could control. But a Custom.? tag on the hero container works as well for bootstrap conditions:

Code:

If (hero.childfound[rAbility].field[abActive].value <> 0) Then
  perform hero.assign[Custom.ThingOn]
Endif

Bootstrap condition:
Code:

Custom.ThingOn
Hope that helps.

dungeonguru November 15th, 2017 11:50 AM

Thanks ShadowChemosh!